Ozen-Vidor Round Two

Guest flyonwall12

Guest flyonwall12
Who y'all got in maybe the best game of the year for Girls basketball?

I'll start off by saying the rankings mean nothing, these two teams are evenly matched. Jones and Jacks; Rawls and Richmond; Height and 3-point shots. We started off slow last time down 9-2 but fought our way back. First time Vidor hadn't tried to stall against them and it showed Ozen were not expecting that. The unexpectedness favors Vidor, but the game is at Ozen so that may balance things out. The key to this game for the Pirates will finishing strong and not turning the ball over.

As much as I wish I could say Vidor should win, I have to go with the [b]Ozen by 3[/b].

If both these teams play at their best level, this could be a game to be remembered for a long time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyraider03
It's good to know that at least one Vidor fan will tell you who will win the game. It seems like he forgot the 0 at the end. Ozen wins this game by 30. Ozen was challenged last night and they won't let that happen again. From what I have been hearing about Vidor lately is they are starting slow, owning the second quarter to be up by thirty, and then forgetting that there is a second half. Then again Vidor has not played a complete 32 minutes all year so why would they start now.

Ozen is in that playoff mode and their coach is will be ready for whatever that person y'all call a "coach" brings.  Richmond and Jacks are nowhere as good as Jones and Rawls. I do not think they would even be in the top 8 on Ozen. The rest of Vidor's starters do nothing except reach in and lose rebounds. Vidor is a two girl team and just like last time, the Lady Pirates will be intimidated by Ozen. The difference; this one is at Ozen.

Ozen starts off fast and keeps its pedal down the whole time. Ozen by 30.

my view is that 20 4A is packed with talent.Each team brings something different to the game.While Ozen had their worst game of the season against central they prevailed.(reminder of BH game last Season)Vidor would have to play some seriuos ball to beat them friday.The antics of pushing,elbowing etc. won"t work.Playing good basketball is what will work.  GOOd LUCK to both teams.

[quote name="chocky" post="1366257" timestamp="1358990413"]
my view is that 20 4A is packed with talent.Each team brings something different to the game.While Ozen had their worst game of the season against central they prevailed.(reminder of BH game last Season)Vidor would have to play some seriuos ball to beat them friday.The antics of pushing,elbowing etc. won"t work.Playing good basketball is what will work.  GOOd LUCK to both teams.
[/quote]

Packed with talent????? Apparently you have not watched a whole lot of girls basketball.

[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1366267" timestamp="1358991635"]
why such a hater laidyraider
[/quote]'
With his level of concern with Vidor's program and lack of interest in Lumberton's I would say he is a disgruntled Vidor fan who masqurades himself as a Lumberton fan to make it seem inconspicuous that he continuously bashes Vidor; everyone likes a good conspiracy theory right?

To keep on track with the thread, I would say it depends on if Vidor can get their shots to fall early in the game. I've seen both teams. Vidor shoots the ball exceptionally well from behind the arc while Ozen has some of the best teamwork I have seen from a team this year. I'll say Ozen pulls it out by 10. Teamwork is too good and the pressure they apply will make it hard to shoot well.

[quote name="chocky" post="1366257" timestamp="1358990413"]
[/quote]

Only difference is last year Ozen did not prevail they lost to BH by 27pts. :)

Guest flyonwall12
Chocky you are saying how Ozen did not play their best game against Central and prevailed, but you do know Vidor played far from their best game against Ozen and were only down by 2 with about 10 seconds left. If Vidor doesn't start off slow, which they shouldn't now because they know they can play with Ozen, then this game gets a whole lot more interesting especially with Ozen not pressing the Lady Pirates.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1366301" timestamp="1358999106"]
[quote author=chocky link=topic=108532.msg1366257#msg1366257 date=1358990413]
[/quote]

Packed with talent????? Apparently you have not watched a whole lot of girls basketball.
[/quote]

yes packed with talent.I have been to girls games.talent is more than just who scores more etc. These young ladies first off are student-atheletes which many are on the honor roll,and stil are able to play sports and help their teams.I don't know what your perception of talent is but again i say 20 4A is packed with talent.They represent better in the playoffs each year.

[quote name="chocky" post="1366354" timestamp="1359040240"]
yes packed with talent.I have been to girls games.talent is more than just who scores more etc. These young ladies first off are student-atheletes which many are on the honor roll,and stil are able to play sports and help their teams.I don't know what your perception of talent is but again i say 20 4A is packed with talent.They represent better in the playoffs each year.
[/quote]

I agree with some of the things you have said but "Talent" on the basketball court "NO".  The teams from 2006-2007 like Silsbee, Orangefield, WOS, Kirbyville, Hamphire Fannett, Lumberton, Central and Hardin Jefferson could beat Ozen, Central and Vidor with no problem. There is nobody in this area with the talent like Brittany Scott, Brittany James, Chelsey Pickering, Courtney Wilson,  Katie Sanders, Kristy Sanders and Ang Green. There is a lot more I can mention. I have seen Ozen play and was not impressed. By the way it was against Orangefield and they beat us pretty bad.

Guest ladyraider03
Decided with all the hype and because it was on my way back from Houston, that I stop at this game. Yes I was right about the game and my analysis, but there is no way Ozen should have won by that. Beaumont needs to get on the right page and use the same refs as everyone else. They let the game get out of control and both fans did not help. Feel that Central will probably get these same refs next week. Central will win that game by 20 and force a playoff with Vidor for second.

The Lady Pirates continued to play hard despite the blatant one sidedness. So maybe the girls aren't that big headed

[quote name="ladyraider03" post="1367056" timestamp="1359173291"]
Decided with all the hype and because it was on my way back from Houston, that I stop at this game. Yes I was right about the game and my analysis, but there is no way Ozen should have won by that. Beaumont needs to get on the right page and use the same refs as everyone else. They let the game get out of control and both fans did not help. Feel that Central will probably get these same refs next week. Central will win that game by 20 and force a playoff with Vidor for second.

The Lady Pirates continued to play hard despite the blatant one sidedness. So maybe the girls aren't that big headed
[/quote]
You said it not me but lets just say i am not disagreeing with you at all.

ok now we went there.one sided?come on theres two schools that have that reputation.Livingston and Vidor.The game was on a level field and the result was normal as it has been in the last two years.shucks the girls (vidor) even said in the beaumont enterprise how they have been beat by this margin each year.Is it one sided because vidor was called for all the pushing and elbowing(dirty play) that they do ? or the coach for yelling and screaming at the refs the way he always do? Just play Ball.Ozen did.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1367170" timestamp="1359220835"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108532.msg1367164#msg1367164 date=1359219604]
All this game proved is as far as 20 4A is concerned Ozen is way ahead of the pack. ;D
[/quote]And Vidor still needs a lot of work  ;)
[/quote]
Work at what? Paying the refs? cuz thats all we saw last night. Get outta here with all that bluedove.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1367177" timestamp="1359223084"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108532.msg1367170#msg1367170 date=1359220835]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108532.msg1367164#msg1367164 date=1359219604]
All this game proved is as far as 20 4A is concerned Ozen is way ahead of the pack. ;D
[/quote]And Vidor still needs a lot of work  ;)
[/quote]
Work at what? Paying the refs? cuz thats all we saw last night. Get outta here with all that bluedove.
[/quote]Refs? Thats what  teams use as an excuse whenever they lose. And by 30-40 points?  I bet if Vidor had made their shots, less turnovers, less bad passes, etc, you would have lost by a smaller margin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder