beaumont athletes are not equalling team wins

Ok, info a little off.  Going by memory.  It wasn't an offer, it was an 'interest' from TT...and it appears that the latest 'interest' was last Summer. 

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Central-football-players-receiving-interest-from-3574782.php

Still, nothing else of this was mentioned.  I wonder why that could be?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1364121" timestamp="1358355520"]
Ok, info a little off.  Going by memory.  It wasn't an offer, it was an 'interest' from TT...and it appears that the latest 'interest' was last Summer. 

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Central-football-players-receiving-interest-from-3574782.php

Still, nothing else of this was mentioned.  I wonder why that could be?
[/quote]Glad you correct that BmtSoulja1. Very seldom you get offers as a soph, only interest and building relationships during this period. ;) The are watching and monitoring your progress.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1363685" timestamp="1358275816"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=108211.msg1363672#msg1363672 date=1358274296]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108211.msg1363357#msg1363357 date=1358178317]
Why does beaumont with the athletes they have that go div 1, div 2, juco aren't consistent winners in district races?
[/quote] can you give me a number of D1, D2 and Juco kids that will sign this year from each school?
[/quote]
Man, if you want to know all that info get off your duff and look it up.  Each school?  What, each school in the state of Texas?  I really miss any point that you are trying to make in your request.
[/quote]I have tried looking it up and cant find it otherwise I would just give you the facts.

My point is if EACH school in BISD  is getting like 4-7 D1, D2, or Juco a year then you have a justification for complaint of Coaches and success aginst other schools that have less tallent.  If you are getting like 1-3 a year then really you dont have a complaint about coaches. You just dont have the players and are playing other schools like Dawson, Brenham, North Shore that have 4-7 going to the next level. 

I know there has been some big time players come out of BISD but one player does not make a TEAM!!!  You need 22 starting, 4-9 big talent and the rest good enough to do their job....

I dont know the facts of how many each school has each year, but I can guess that it is not as many as yall think..

I would suggest quit tring to set brush fires and the district will benifit!!

[quote name="ace2335" post="1364603" timestamp="1358473203"]
So I guess the only team that even get close to meeting that profile would be WOS in the Golden T. NO ONE ELSE. An their a smaller school around then most.
[/quote]Do you hear about anyone complaining about coaching in WOS??  I don't!! Coach Thompson is a great coach but if you put him in lets say Lumberton, would he be as successful as WOS.. My guess is not baised on tallent.  nothing against the kids in Lumberton, they just dont have as much tallent as the rest.
Now as you drop levels you dont need as many D1, D2 and juco to win based on tallent at the level.. WOS has a bunch for a 3A...
Just seems to me everyone is saying "Coaching" is the problem... but you cant be successful team if your QB cant even throw a screen.  It takes BOTH to win..

I'd have to put most of it on the kids. Like some of you have said they just aren't like they used to be anymore. Coaches, mainly the head, should only have to worry about football issues. But then you have kids with attitude problems that are like a virus that spread amongst the team. You have to address that and go through character building steps to get everyone on the same page. Each scenario is different actually so there's never just one way to look at it. Then again I've heard plenty of people say "A good kid will get you fired." LOL! Those were college coaches mainly.
Then in some of these other programs the kids already have hard work and commitment built into their mindset so all the coach has to do is focus on coaching. Also the kids in some of these smaller towns know where they're going and what they're doing in the next level. In Beaumont you have kids splitting up between the three main school, even the private schools take a few here and there, and on top of that plenty of politics and redistricting which just.........I'll stay out of that for now. But in the end it's just too many variables and few times it's the coaches' fault, but almost all of the time it's the players. I don't know a coach who's ever taught their kid to not win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nilefa
    Newest Member
    nilefa