Beaumont ISD posts opening for Central football

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Trocket" post="1364722" timestamp="1358531429"]
[quote author=PlayActionPass link=topic=108088.msg1364667#msg1364667 date=1358520017]
So throw some names out there. Who is the next Head Jaguar? I know a guy, who knows a guy who said he knows. But, I dont know.
[/quote] ???
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="OvieDotson" post="1365445" timestamp="1358738715"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=108088.msg1364958#msg1364958 date=1358564913]
Some of the finalist I heard are: Scott, another BISD coach, a former BISD asst coach, an out-of-town coach
[/quote]

Scott was all but hired this summer; Kirvis Fontenot is the former coach
[/quote]

Can young Scott or Fontenot do what Kenny Ray did for PAM, make them consistently competitive?  Does Scott truly want the job or is he just trying to bide his time and get back to WB?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1365617" timestamp="1358828829"]
I don't want Fontenot.  He's more of a 'hype man ' than an actual coach.  I want someone that knows their x's and o's...
[/quote]You right about that a coach who knows his x's and o's can put great talent in the right places on the field, and do more with less.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1365684" timestamp="1358870194"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108088.msg1365617#msg1365617 date=1358828829]
I don't want Fontenot.  He's more of a 'hype man ' than an actual coach.  I want someone that knows their x's and o's...
[/quote]You right about that a coach who knows his x's and o's can put graet talent in the right places on the field, and do more with less.
[/quote]

I agree with you but the "Administration" of BISD likes him so don't be surprised...

[quote name="Batman" post="1365690" timestamp="1358870867"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=108088.msg1365684#msg1365684 date=1358870194]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108088.msg1365617#msg1365617 date=1358828829]
[/quote]You right about that a coach who knows his x's and o's can put graet talent in the right places on the field, and do more with less.
[/quote]

I agree with you but the "Administration" of BISD likes him so don't be surprised...
[/quote]
Even though they like Kirvis I think some of us know why it is that he won't get this job...

I have to respond to underhand You made a statement about Tyner got Dixon fired and Cox got washington fired maybe its the other way around, it seems like you are referring to a color issue central has been 3 deep twice 4 -deep Once and won a district Title in  a full season  all were White Coordinators so dont refer to that issue.I coached at central and can tell you for sure that the last OC is one of the best and knowledge Coaches i have had the privilege to work with. I know for a fact hIS  handS WERE  tied on alot of calls what he wanted to do alot of time he was told no RUN ,RUN,RUN the football one example was the hUMBLE gAME WE PRACTICED 4 pLAYSALL WEEK  fOR THE RED ZONE  WE SCORED ON 1 OF THEM BUT WAS CALLED BACK AFTER THAT HE DIDNT CALL THE LAST 4 PLAYS  THE hEAD GUY DID. AS FOR THIS YEAR UNDERHAND cENTRAL AHD 0-sTARTING lINEMAN RETURNING/cHRIS ALLEN STARTED AT TE AS fRESH/gUARD AS A sOPH AND FULLBACK THIS YEAR BUT AFTER THE SECOND GAME HE WAS TOLD TO mOVE HIM AND STOP RUNNING THE i GO TO SPREAD.bUT IN THE SPREAD DONT WANT rOBERT mITCHELL TO RUN HE WAS THE BEST DAMN RUNNING BACK HE HAD.dONT BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE OC i  PROMISE U IF HE WAS LEFT ALONE LIKE HE WAS THE FIRST YEAR WE MIGHT HAVE GONE FARTHER IN 2010 AND I KNOW WE WOULD HAVE DONE A HELL OF  ALOT BETTER THIS YEAR . bY THE WAY iM AFRICAN AMERICAN AND COACHED THERE THE LAST 8 YEARS. BY THE WAY cENTRAL HAD 10 -cAOCHES THIS YEAR OZEN 16 AND WEST BROOK 18 ALSO I HOPE WHOEVER GETS THE JOB THEY GET THE COACHES AND PLAYERS IN CLASS LIKE EVERY OTHER SCHOOL STOWERS HAD THE COACHES AND KIDS THEY TOOK THAT AWAY FROM WASHINGTON

Understand, it was not stated that they cost the two HC there jobs because they were white it was there play calling that it was stated and i have heard it said that the last HC would change the OC plays. But if you say you coached there for the last 8 yrs then maybe you can explain why your practice were so unorganize and your game preparation were so poor so maybe you are right it was all of you coaches that cost each others there jobs and if you want to talk about the 3 and 4 round runs you had in the playoffs i think does teams should have went 4 or 5 round deep so you guys didnt do the job then either and dont take my word just ask anyone who played for you guys that when on to college they all say how they were cheated. So UNDERSTAND its not a COLOR thing because if VIDOR coach or NEDERLAND coach were at CENTRAL they would already have stae championships, bottom line is its good theres a change you guys just didnt do the job and hey i like drew and tony.sO ex-coach thank you for your x service and i hope youre winning where youre at now.

[quote name="understand" post="1366586" timestamp="1359084862"]
Understand, it was not stated that they cost the two HC there jobs because they were white it was there play calling that it was stated and i have heard it said that the last HC would change the OC plays. But if you say you coached there for the last 8 yrs then maybe you can explain why your practice were so unorganize and your game preparation were so poor so maybe you are right it was all of you coaches that cost each others there jobs and if you want to talk about the 3 and 4 round runs you had in the playoffs i think does teams should have went 4 or 5 round deep so you guys didnt do the job then either and dont take my word just ask anyone who played for you guys that when on to college they all say how they were cheated. So UNDERSTAND its not a COLOR thing because if VIDOR coach or NEDERLAND coach were at CENTRAL they would already have stae championships, bottom line is its good theres a change you guys just didnt do the job and hey i like drew and tony.sO ex-coach you for your x service and i hope youre winning where youre at now.
[/quote]i really don't believe that's a ex-coach, only some imposing as a coach. The games I've attended this year, proved to me coaching changes were coming. The  game management was suspect. The play calling was suspect, the line technique was so bad, I wondered was they hitting the sleds? Heli half the time or naw, majority of the times the plays were coming in late, drawing flags for too much time. I thought this was unfair to Mitchell, this penalty is a QB foul. How many times have opposing team adjust to what we were doing and we not adjust to what they were successfully doing. Our QB was required to run all the way to the sideline after every play to get the next play, by the time he gets back to the huddle there's only a few seconds on the clock. Man I can go on, and on. This is facts things that was actually occurring.
Glad for the change.

Glad for the change too...I hope its a whole new coach not currently in BISD with ALL new coaches.  I totally agree that if somebody like Vidors coach with his mentality would have been in place, they would have picked up right where Stowers left off and Central would have never missed the playoffs with Mitchell at QB.  This is not a diss to Vidors program but I know when I was in school that was an automatic W.  Winning is a mindset and he has installed that over there.  Central hasn't had that mindset since Stowers left but its time to get it back...and like UNDERSTAND said, unorganized practices waste time and turn into unorganized gamedays.

X-Central coach Your not the first person I've heard this from. I heard the OC had his hands tied because of Washington. I know some people think that we didn't have the coaches but trust me Cox had a great Offensive mind, but when the head man tells you something you gotta do it. Ever since Stowers left is been a slow air leak, that finally came apart after they 2010 season was over. They can say what they want about him but Stowers knew his X's and got the people in who knew the O's and he won. I feel if he would stayed that 2009 and 2010 team coulda went way farther then what they did.. Ever since he got to Little Elm they haven't missed the playoffs yet. Washington is a great guy don't get me wrong, but He just was to conservative and old school. He didn't take chances. If you think that was his Idea to fake the FG against Huntsville In 2009 your wrong. He didn't like to  throw the ball or anything, but he liked running the spread??? what kinda stuff is that they should of just stuck with the wing T. I could go on and on but that's the pass and theirs nothing we can do..I just hope we get it right this time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder