JUCO vs D2, D3 etc

[quote name="uandme08" post="1361839" timestamp="1357678520"]
I'm doing a lil research and need some input....What are some advantages and also disadvantages at going JUCO rather than D2 or D3? Please answer with knowledge and honesty. And please don't use my questions to start pointing out this kid or that kid.
[/quote]

Juco is better it gives you a shot at earning a D-1 scholarship. Once your D-2 your stuck there. Also do your research there are more kids who started off at juco's and made it to theNFL then D-2 and D-3 put ttogether

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1361901" timestamp="1357693964"]
A lot of kids that don't qualify academically go JUCO for a year to get their grades up and then transfer to a D1.  There are some very highly rated players that play JUCO because they don't have the grades coming out of HS.
[/quote]

Exactly.  Juco isn't some minor league college football curcuit.  I played D3 ball, and I never saw athletes in conference like I saw when we scrimmaged Kilgore or Cisco.  We scrimmaged against D linemen that played for Nebraska the next year.  Juco is serious business.  D2 does offer full scholarships, but D3 does not.  Guys that play D3 are simply playing because they love playing.  Every other level is trying to parlay 4 years of football into a scholarship or the NFL. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1361901" timestamp="1357693964"]
A lot of kids that don't qualify academically go JUCO for a year to get their grades up and then transfer to a D1.  There are some very highly rated players that play JUCO because they don't have the grades coming out of HS.
[/quote]

Or they didn't have the exposure or grades. Juco is serious comp and has a lot of hungry kids trying to make it to the next level. I played against Cam Newton when he was at Blinn talk about a man child.

I played at Trinity Valley and the talent we faced in league play was phenominal. This year TVCC has 10 kids going D1 so far including Kewan from Central goin to Memphis. What it allows is time to get grades up, get yourself in better shape for the next level, and mental preparation. It was an experience i will never forget!!!

Back in my days, JUCO was looked upon as an outlet for outlaw players to continue their education. What you actually have are some of the hungriest 7 best  players in JUCO with major D1 talent who didn't qualify. I had a high school buddy who ran back punts and kickoffs @ Kilgore.  He ended up at Univ. of Texas doing the same thing.

JUCO!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="cornhusker" post="1365470" timestamp="1358776515"]
Speaking of scrubs the good old buddy system exist in 4 year colleges to some degree. Many above average kids get left out of loop. Thank goodness that there are junior colleges for these kids.
[/quote]SO true. I hear the daddies are calling in favors now. Even though its a D1,  Reliable source says one dad had to be banned from practices. And I see why, his kid don't start as a freshman and plays minimum minutes. At least in some cases dads losing that power in college. Got'em let them go sooner or later and let their talent take them.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1365645" timestamp="1358862194"]
What amazes me is the amount of D1 players that transfer to NAIA schools. Where my son plays, they had 3 tranfer in for the spring semester.
[/quote] Probably got kicked out of D1 for student infractions most likely and #2 would be playing time, but less likely.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1365646" timestamp="1358862320"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108023.msg1365645#msg1365645 date=1358862194]
What amazes me is the amount of D1 players that transfer to NAIA schools. Where my son plays, they had 3 tranfer in for the spring semester.
[/quote] Probably got kicked out of D1 for student infractions most likely and #2 would be playing time, but less likely.
[/quote]

Student infractions I can agree with, but if it is playing time why not transfer to a FCS or D2. I am knocking NAIA, but  it is not the best place if you have dreams of playing on Sundays.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1365656" timestamp="1358864060"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108023.msg1365646#msg1365646 date=1358862320]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108023.msg1365645#msg1365645 date=1358862194]
[/quote]

Student infractions I can agree with, but if it is playing time why not transfer to a FCS or D2. I am knocking NAIA, but  it is not the best place if you have dreams of playing on Sundays.
[/quote]We agree. Thats what I am saying, very unlikely you're going there for playing time. More than likely to a mid-level school for playing time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86