Tony Browns Junor Highlight Tape

jkbtjc53

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358678" timestamp="1356551334"]
WOS lost to a team that dominated 3A the point of bringing up the 6 turnovers is to say this. Navasota beat WOS 38-7 even tho we had all those turnovers.  Nobody else they played had more then 2 turnovers.  And they all still got blown out.

And if Navasota did that to WOS then is it safe to assume the rest of the Golden Triangle didn't have a chance.?

And also Tony has plenty of athletes at ozen.  Also yes WOS has and elite secondary an that helps kids making ints sometime. But some of you guys need to watch the wos kids film a lot of their picks are while they are man to man coverage.

Here's SMU commit Jmarcus Rhodes of WOS 6'2 185 cornerback film compare his to Tony you will see Rhodes is a physical ball hawk that plays with passion.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/936346/jmarcus-rhodes#.UJ1-PR_8P0M.email
[/quote]The dbs from La Marque actually looked better on the film I watched, at least they could stay close to the receivers and they're rated about the same. I only saw Brown in person once but I was kind of taken back by how well he moved with that kind of length. When you lost by 31 to the best team on your schedule you can't throw in Bridge City stats to make up for it. Rhodes' numbers may look better but Brown did his work on PA Memorial, Vidor, Nederland, 3A-D1 champ Stephenville, and did the best job I've seen on potential Big 12 rival Realon Singleton who goes about 6'4" and nearly 200 lbs, the same kid who the next week looked like Randy Moss against state semi-finalist Manor's dbs. Brown is rated a lot higher than even Earl Thomas who cam out of Stark so unless you think the current WOS dbs are better than Thomas you shouldn't even make an argument 'cause the people that do it for a living think Brown should be better than them all. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1358687" timestamp="1356562402"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107743.msg1358678#msg1358678 date=1356551334]
WOS lost to a team that dominated 3A the point of bringing up the 6 turnovers is to say this. Navasota beat WOS 38-7 even tho we had all those turnovers.  Nobody else they played had more then 2 turnovers.  And they all still got blown out.

And if Navasota did that to WOS then is it safe to assume the rest of the Golden Triangle didn't have a chance.?

And also Tony has plenty of athletes at ozen.  Also yes WOS has and elite secondary an that helps kids making ints sometime. But some of you guys need to watch the wos kids film a lot of their picks are while they are man to man coverage.

Here's SMU commit Jmarcus Rhodes of WOS 6'2 185 cornerback film compare his to Tony you will see Rhodes is a physical ball hawk that plays with passion.

[/quote]The dbs from La Marque actually looked better on the film I watched, at least they could stay close to the receivers and they're rated about the same. I only saw Brown in person once but I was kind of taken back by how well he moved with that kind of length. When you lost by 31 to the best team on your schedule you can't throw in Bridge City stats to make up for it. Rhodes' numbers may look better but Brown did his work on PA Memorial, Vidor, Nederland, 3A-D1 champ Stephenville, and did the best job I've seen on potential Big 12 rival Realon Singleton who goes about 6'4" and nearly 200 lbs, the same kid who the next week looked like Randy Moss against state semi-finalist Manor's dbs. Brown is rated a lot higher than even Earl Thomas who cam out of Stark so unless you think the current WOS dbs are better than Thomas you shouldn't even make an argument 'cause the people that do it for a living think Brown should be better than them all.
[/quote]
Well said. We finally agree on something cougar lol.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1358687" timestamp="1356562402"]

[/quote]

So you think Brown is as good or better then Earl Thomas lmao wow. And I watched the film of stephenville the wideout that's commited to Texas state hit Tony up for 130 yards and the next week Tony was moved to rover. I will post that film to if you want to keep coming on here acting like you know what your talking about. And the only kid in Lamarque secondary that was WOS good is the Heyward kid he's talented. The others were average. And u guys dropped 8 people into coverage against Navasota WOS went man to man the whole game. I will post that film also. Stop talking like a blind fan here we post facts and as you see I have no problem doing so to prove a point.

just gotta say again.... since a finally gave in and watched the videos you posted.... comparing these two is asinine as far as these films. The difference in competition between the two is vast. The WOS highlights are mostly QB's with defenders all over them, throwing off their back foot, etc. It's clear that WOS is completely outmanning the competition as a TEAM. TB seems to be making more plays when his team is not overwhelming their opponent. With that said, I know you aren't commenting on this anymore, AND they both look like big time athletes that are making plays. i don't think that much can be told from these vids though.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358703" timestamp="1356564573"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=107743.msg1358687#msg1358687 date=1356562402]

[/quote]

So you think Brown is as good or better then Earl Thomas lmao wow. [b]And I watched the film of stephenville the wideout that's commited to Texas state hit Tony up for 130 yards and the next week Tony was moved to rover. I will post that film to if you want to keep coming on here acting like you know what your talking about.[/b] And the only kid in Lamarque secondary that was WOS good is the Heyward kid he's talented. The others were average. And u guys dropped 8 people into coverage against Navasota WOS went man to man the whole game. I will post that film also. Stop talking like a blind fan here we post facts and as you see I have no problem doing so to prove a point.
[/quote]
OK you've officially snitched on yourself and why you have know clue on who tony brown is, its b/c your BLIND, the game against Stephenville Tony Brown started at S/S then moved to CB and finished the game at Rover, if you watched the Huddle film you should have seen that it wasnt Tony who gave up any long passes from the CB position, when he was on the edge at CB they tried to complete short routs and that totally failled... He is just that tyype of player who was able to play anywhere on the field

Watched the entire game they ran the ball down Ozens throat while Tony was at safety. He then moved to corner where he was then hit with a couple of passes to his side. He made a play on two of them that I saw (one is on his highlight tape) then to rover where he was largely in-effective

[quote name="dayton" post="1358615" timestamp="1356479490"]
Until Tony Brown gets to play on the same D as the WOS kids, we don't really know how they'd stack up. Maybe, if you compared those kids' drill tapes to TB's they wouldn't stack up to him. Apples and Oranges between WOS and Ozen. You said it yourself...... it's the WOS program that is the biggest difference. Congrats to ALL the locals getting looks.... D1 or otherwise.
[/quote]

sometimes you have to look at future potential of players.....may not make every big play, but what is future potential of said athlete to compete at next level.  if kid has hit his ceiling in High school, then that might be his only opportunity.

T Brown has growth potential....all of the tools to make it at next level, couple that with coaching and ability will meet opportunity for this player.

Can't really compare what other 3 A teams did in area, those players have the same opportunity at scouting events to show what they have compared to athletes at any size High School.  The scouts are there looking for potential and growth factors.....sometimes it's not just making the play in a High School football game....if that was the case, size wouldn't matter either.

There are a lot of factors in considering an athlete's talent, potential, growth, coachableness, academic achievement, character, background, work ethic, responsibility and so much more.

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1358978" timestamp="1356662497"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=107743.msg1358615#msg1358615 date=1356479490]
Until Tony Brown gets to play on the same D as the WOS kids, we don't really know how they'd stack up. Maybe, if you compared those kids' drill tapes to TB's they wouldn't stack up to him. Apples and Oranges between WOS and Ozen. You said it yourself...... it's the WOS program that is the biggest difference. Congrats to ALL the locals getting looks.... D1 or otherwise.
[/quote]

sometimes you have to look at future potential of players.....may not make every big play, but what is future potential of said athlete to compete at next level.  if kid has hit his ceiling in High school, then that might be his only opportunity.

T Brown has growth potential....all of the tools to make it at next level, couple that with coaching and ability will meet opportunity for this player.

Can't really compare what other 3 A teams did in area, those players have the same opportunity at scouting events to show what they have compared to athletes at any size High School.  The scouts are there looking for potential and growth factors.....sometimes it's not just making the play in a High School football game....if that was the case, size wouldn't matter either.

There are a lot of factors in considering an athlete's talent, potential, growth, coachableness, academic achievement, character, background, work ethic, responsibility and so much more.
[/quote]good post

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358826" timestamp="1356635729"]
Watched the entire game they ran the ball down Ozens throat while Tony was at safety. He then moved to corner where he was then hit with a couple of passes to his side. He made a play on two of them that I saw (one is on his highlight tape) then to rover where he was largely in-effective
[/quote]
I can't quite seem to put my finger on it but seriously 53????? You say umpteen negative things about the kid then try to cover it up by saying he is a great kid. Your opinion matters to you because at the end of the day he still has the offers. Hopefully the next videos you post of him will be his signing day then his early graduation. Good luck Tony!

Guys quit acting like old farts and saying im bashing this kid!!!! I have been honest in everything I have said. Tony is a great kid Tony comes from a great family Tony has out-standing grades and Tony will get a college education which is the TOP priority.  But Tony hasn't produced on the field and people defending his play and getting mad because Im saying he hasn't lived up to the hype owell! Tough cookies if you cant be honest them we might as well go back to the dark ages where women were bare-foot and pregnant and blacks and whites didn't get along.

My point is I like the kid. This is a football board and we are having a discussion about a kid who is very highly ranked in the sport. And a kid who will receive much worse bad talk about his game then from little old jkb. I will gladly post some film of a WOS kid and ask for you guys opinion.

In closing I have nothing against Tony Brown just trying to hold him to the standard of his ranking.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1359057" timestamp="1356706923"]
This is why pro football teams measure your intelligence in camp now, not your tackles.  They want to know if you are[color=red] smart enough[/color] to learn [color=red]what they teach[/color]

You can be all district in high school but not good enough for D1 ;)
[/quote]
That reminds me of the great B.B Davis at Lamar. When he went to the NBA (Kansas City Kings if I remember correctly) they said he had all the talent in the world, but couldnt pick up the game plans! Led to a very short NBA career.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1359051" timestamp="1356706417"]
Guys quit acting like old farts and saying im bashing this kid!!!! I have been honest in everything I have said. Tony is a great kid Tony comes from a great family Tony has out-standing grades and Tony will get a college education which is the TOP priority.  But Tony hasn't produced on the field and people defending his play and getting mad because Im saying he hasn't lived up to the hype owell! Tough cookies if you cant be honest them we might as well go back to the dark ages where women were bare-foot and pregnant and blacks and whites didn't get along.

My point is I like the kid. This is a football board and we are having a discussion about a kid who is very highly ranked in the sport. And a kid who will receive much worse bad talk about his game then from little old jkb. I will gladly post some film of a WOS kid and ask for you guys opinion.

In closing I have nothing against Tony Brown just trying to hold him to the standard of his ranking.
[/quote]Dude you need to stop. You don't think that kid is reading this? Well, he is!! With all the things happening in the kids life (dad) right now your gonna bash him about his play. You don't understand how difficult it was for him to even want to play football this year because of what he's going thru. Tony making the All-American team and getting the offers he's gotten thus far is some of the only bright moments he's had this year and you the adult want to steal his shine. Stop being jealous and work witj your son. You can't hold Tony Jock strap so stop hating. I don't see Les Miles, Nick Saban, Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly and every other top 25 coach recruiting you or yours. Regardless what you say, these are million dollar coaches who know more then you, The Hating Fan!! Talking about You just don't see it, m.f. you.don't get paid too see it, that's why you.don't see it. What you will see is me if you continue

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1359057" timestamp="1356706923"]
This is why pro football teams measure your intelligence in camp now, not your tackles.  They want to know if you are[color=red] smart enough[/color] to learn [color=red]what they teach[/color]

[/quote]    the truth of the matter our opinon wont change a thing....

[quote name="Gucci" post="1359109" timestamp="1356715436"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107743.msg1359051#msg1359051 date=1356706417]

[/quote]Dude you need to stop. You don't think that kid is reading this? Well, he is!! With all the things happening in the kids life (dad) right now your gonna bash him about his play. You don't understand how difficult it was for him to even want to play football this year because of what he's going thru. Tony making the All-American team and getting the offers he's gotten thus far is some of the only bright moments he's had this year and you the adult want to steal his shine. Stop being jealous and work witj your son. You can't hold Tony Jock strap so stop hating. I don't see Les Miles, Nick Saban, Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly and every other top 25 coach recruiting you or yours. Regardless what you say, these are million dollar coaches who know more then you, The Hating Fan!! Talking about You just don't see it, m.f. you.don't get paid too see it, that's why you.don't see it. What you will see is me if you continue
[/quote]

DM me for my address id love to discuss this face to face and see if your the tough guy your acting like u are. Im right here in Beaumont we can meet whenever

[quote name="badndn" post="1359095" timestamp="1356714188"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107743.msg1359057#msg1359057 date=1356706923]

[/quote]
That reminds me of the great B.B Davis at Lamar. When he went to the NBA (Kansas City Kings if I remember correctly) they said he had all the talent in the world, but couldnt pick up the game plans! Led to a very short NBA career.
[/quote]
Anyone remember BB's local TV Interview and his response to what his major was?  I will not post it, but if you would like to know, PM me. ;D

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1359051" timestamp="1356706417"]

[b]In closing I have nothing against Tony Brown just trying to hold him to the standard of his ranking.[/b][/quote]

Guess what, whatever you are, you are NOT the measure of football player's ranking at any level.  You just just have an "opinion" which doesn't mean anything.

You are NOT a scout.
You are NOT a coach.
You are NOT a recruiter.
You are NOT a parent.

But you are a loser,  IMO.  And you should be taken off this board for your opinion on this kid.  Enough of you and your bashing a high school kid - says a lot about your character or lack thereof.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1359168" timestamp="1356722316"]

[b]In closing I have nothing against Tony Brown just trying to hold him to the standard of his ranking.[/b][/quote]

Guess what, whatever you are, you are NOT the measure of football player's ranking at any level.  You just just have an "opinion" which doesn't mean anything.

You are NOT a scout.
You are NOT a coach.
You are NOT a recruiter.
You are NOT a parent.

But you are a loser,  IMO.  And you should be taken off this board for your opinion on this kid.  Enough of you and your bashing a high school kid - says a lot about your character or lack thereof.

[/quote]

Im literally two of those things you said im not. Lol you guys really have to know who your messaging.and just because im on someones screen name doesn't mean im them. Im much closer to the situation then many of you think/know. Like I said PM me for my info and we can set up a meeting to talk all I ask is that afterwards you come on here and apologize.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1359187" timestamp="1356724785"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=107743.msg1359168#msg1359168 date=1356722316]

You are NOT a scout.
You are NOT a coach.
You are NOT a recruiter.
You are NOT a parent.

[/quote]

[size=14pt][b]Im literally two of those things you said im not.[/[/b]size] Lol you guys really have to know who your messaging.and just because im on someones screen name doesn't mean im them. Im much closer to the situation then many of you think/know. Like I said PM me for my info and we can set up a meeting to talk all I ask is that afterwards you come on here and apologize.
[/quote]

It makes your "opinions" more pathetic.  You are not a scout or recruiter.

As a parent, I would be ashamed to know that you have disregard for someone's else child and spew such stuff.  As a coach, THANK GOD, you don't "coach" my kids.  Role model you are not.  Intelligence you don't have either. 

You need to apologize to the kid on this message board, because you have no validity, except in your own mind.

I don't care to meet with you, I work with enough Idiots and I thought that I was on a break from them.  Your cubicle is located in the Federal Building of Idiots and I don't go there.  ::)

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1359130" timestamp="1356718761"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=107743.msg1359109#msg1359109 date=1356715436]

[/quote]

DM me for my address id love to discuss this face to face and see if your the tough guy your acting like u are. Im right here in Beaumont we can meet whenever
[/quote]Hey Sissy. I PM'd ya!! Crickets just like i thought.