skipper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="baddog" post="1354981" timestamp="1355509595"]
What happened and where?
[/quote]

There was a shooting this morning at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.  Reports are now indicating that 27 people are dead, 18 of them children (possibly all kindergardeners as some news reports indicate that a classroom of kindergarden is unaccounted for), including a gunman.  I say "a" because two news organizations, CBS and NBC, are reporting that police have taken a "second" shooter in custody.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1354999" timestamp="1355510694"]
Sad tbat it have came to shooting children, the same ones we're are supposed to be protecting by instinct.  This is the type of thing than [b]makes some including myself think twice about planting a seed in this cruel world[/b].  Prayers sent to these kids and their loved ones...
[/quote]

you're right on there man..... My wife and I have two and the condition of this world is a consideration when thinking about a 3rd....

[quote name="NDNation" post="1355007" timestamp="1355511587"]
I cant imagine what it would feel like to be in a group of parents waiting for your child, not knowing if they will come out, still hoping to be able to hold them again. Devastating.
[/quote] Exactly. This is sad, this [b]and[/b] what happened over in China at a school today as well.

Sad tbat it have came to shooting children, the same ones we're are supposed to be protecting by instinct.  This is the type of thing than makes some including myself think twice about planting a seed in this cruel world.  Prayers sent to these kids and their loved ones...
[/quote]
Amen, Amen and Amen.

[quote name="skipper" post="1355012" timestamp="1355512062"]
to all of you that have small children PLEASE NEVER let them walk out of the house befor you tell them you love them MY HEART CRYS OUT FOR THESE CHILDRENS FAMILEY
[/quote]

This is what I do every time one of my kids or my husband leaves our house.  A hug a kiss and I tell them I love them. You just never know, but I sure don't expect my kids to die at school.  How very sad especially right here at the holidays. Prayers for all the families of the ones that lost their lives and prayers for the teachers and the kids that got out safe.  What nightmares they will have of this awful day.

It disgusts me to know that I am living in a society where as grade school children are not even safe within the public learning institutions.  It is disgusting and unfathomable that someone would enter an Elementary school and shoot innocent children.

This tragedy will follow these young survivors throughout their adult lives – and my heart aches for each of them. All because of the actions of someone who is/was clearly out of touch with reality and chances are should have been in treatment and or institutionalized.

I admire so many of the parents in the world today.  Raising your children in this current society has to be just nerve racking.  Not only are you having to worry about setting an example for your children by your actions, you are having to warn your kids of the potential of outside influences all while praying that your child doesn’t end up at the wrong place  - at the wrong time.

Truly a sad day in America.

I raised my two sons well and they were brought up in a good school system. There are kooks everywhere and no amount of parenting can prevent this from happening. In fact, there is no way,that I can see, to prevent this at all. We as a society can only do so much.

May God give that community strength to bear this burden.

Sad tbat it have came to shooting children, the same ones we're are supposed to be protecting by instinct.  [b]This is the type of thing than makes some including myself think twice about planting a seed in this cruel world[/b].  Prayers sent to these kids and their loved ones...
[/quote]

So true Soulja - the upmost respect for parents today that are raising their children in this cruel world.   

Sad tbat it have came to shooting children, the same ones we're are supposed to be protecting by instinct.  This is the type of thing than makes some including myself think twice about planting a seed in this cruel world.  Prayers sent to these kids and their loved ones...
[/quote]

You are spot on, Soldier.
My 22-year old son, his girlfriend, and I had this very conversation last week.
Prayers from Barbers Hill.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder