The Mighty Vidor Pirates 2013

OK Pirate fans, help me out filling in the slots for next year's Black Pearl season. This is the way I see it:

[b]OFFENSE[/b]

Quarterback: I'm thinking Sage Smith will take over and do a great job.
Running Backs: Geth Simmons and Jeremy Stephenson (if his knees are better). Not sure about fullback.
Offensive Line: Our strong point. Returning everyone except Devon including the rotation sub.
Wide Receiver: Do we really need one?
Tight End: Help me out.

[b]DEFENSE[/b]

Defensive Line: returning two rotation guys. Expecting a lot of help from freshman Hester (beast). I'm also hearing that Bradley Hartmann may be back after missing this year from his accident. It would be great to have that monster who started on the 2011 playoff squat as a soph.

Linebackers: Sage Smith, DJ Aull, Celly Thomas. Anyone else?
Backfield: Alex Boutte was great filling in for Bryce Cooper @ safety. Cornerback has me concerned. Help me out with some names and thoughts.

Kicker: returning all-District second team Micheal Tamayo who was crucial in a couple of games for us.

Intangibles: our coaching staff has grown into one of the best in the area if not the state. Jeff takes chances at crucial times and usually wins his gambles. Winning in all sports extends from little league to the top and is expected. These kids play with heart. Don't change a thing about our offense or our defense.

Robanadana fearless prediction for 2012: 7 - 3; 5 - 2 in district.

Look for several sophmores to be varsity players next year, nothing new there though as each season there are several sophs, not just on the roster, but playing.  don't have any names for you, but there will a bunch on new faces on defense.
Simmons, Smith, Aull and hopefully Stevenson should be fine in the backfield, and as you said most of the line is back. Would be great if Hartmann returned.  I'm more concerned defensively next season so,
I'm thinking more like a 6-4, 4-3 season which in itself may be one win optimistic.

Totally agree with the sophomore scenario, Tim. I see perhaps five or more making an impact with the varsity including the next Quirante, Mason Mathews, the running back #20 whose name I can't remember now and moving up a couple of the O-line for playing experience. We talk so much about skill positions on this board but IMHO, our bread and butter is the O-line which we do as well as anyone in district. Any team who can take on a bunch of 250 lbs+ kids with a bunch of 200 lbs-ers does offensive line well. Word is that Hartman is coming back and boy would he be a big help. Firmly believe that he would have been all-district this year had he been able to play. You know, it's up to Jeff and his coaching staff and how hard these kids work this summer. You could even have the 2010 scenario where we go 2 - 8 and the next year three rounds deep. I believe this bunch of upcoming sophomores are capable of that. Junior High teams look great with one kid coming who could make us forget Montana (if you believe that). Personally, I think the future looks bright for Pirate football if we keep our current coaching staff. Guys like dustoff are doing a great job with the kids at the youth level. Really exciting to be talking about football after all these years....

[quote name="robanadana" post="1355826" timestamp="1355700470"]
Totally agree with the sophomore scenario, Tim. I see perhaps five or more making an impact with the varsity including the next Quirante, Mason Mathews, the running back #20 whose name I can't remember now and moving up a couple of the O-line for playing experience. We talk so much about skill positions on this board but IMHO, our bread and butter is the O-line which we do as well as anyone in district. Any team who can take on a bunch of 250 lbs+ kids with a bunch of 200 lbs-ers does offensive line well. Word is that Hartman is coming back and boy would he be a big help. Firmly believe that he would have been all-district this year had he been able to play. You know, it's up to Jeff and his coaching staff and how hard these kids work this summer. You could even have the 2010 scenario where we go 2 - 8 and the next year three rounds deep. I believe this bunch of upcoming sophomores are capable of that. [b]Junior High teams look great with one kid coming who could make us forget Montana (if you believe that)[/b]. Personally, I think the future looks bright for Pirate football if we keep our current coaching staff. Guys like dustoff are doing a great job with the kids at the youth level. Really exciting to be talking about football after all these years....
[/quote]
I think i may know who your talking about.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1355832" timestamp="1355700748"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=107442.msg1355826#msg1355826 date=1355700470]
Totally agree with the sophomore scenario, Tim. I see perhaps five or more making an impact with the varsity including the next Quirante, Mason Mathews, the running back #20 whose name I can't remember now and moving up a couple of the O-line for playing experience. We talk so much about skill positions on this board but IMHO, our bread and butter is the O-line which we do as well as anyone in district. Any team who can take on a bunch of 250 lbs+ kids with a bunch of 200 lbs-ers does offensive line well. Word is that Hartman is coming back and boy would he be a big help. Firmly believe that he would have been all-district this year had he been able to play. You know, it's up to Jeff and his coaching staff and how hard these kids work this summer. You could even have the 2010 scenario where we go 2 - 8 and the next year three rounds deep. I believe this bunch of upcoming sophomores are capable of that. [b]Junior High teams look great with one kid coming who could make us forget Montana (if you believe that)[/b]. Personally, I think the future looks bright for Pirate football if we keep our current coaching staff. Guys like dustoff are doing a great job with the kids at the youth level. Really exciting to be talking about football after all these years....
[/quote]
[/quote]

My sister told me it was some kid named Haylon? She said he started on the 8th grade team as a 7th grader.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1355919" timestamp="1355711353"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107442.msg1355832#msg1355832 date=1355700748]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=107442.msg1355826#msg1355826 date=1355700470]
[/quote]
[/quote]

My sister told me it was some kid named Haylon? She said he started on the 8th grade team as a 7th grader.
[/quote]
There was a kid I remember from a few years ago in STJFL SR's that was a stud. Weird last name. Best 4 RB's that year was him from Vidor, LeJuene from PNG, Trahan from BC (Won Sr SB), and Upshaw from Lumberton. This has to be the kid ya'll talkin about. Helped coach Pro Bowl that year and he dominated the game! Knew then he was going to be special for the Pirates one day!!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1356097" timestamp="1355765921"]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=107442.msg1356050#msg1356050 date=1355760620]
It will be the [b]Vidor Pirates 2013 not Mighty Pirates[/b]. Are you stirring the pot little buddy. lol
[/quote]

Stirring the pot is my middle name.
[/quote]

If robana wasn't stirring the pot, I would be worried about him!! LOL On a side note, we fans from Vidor have always said Mighty Pirates, even during bad seasons.

running game picks up where it left off(without the turnovers),and there is no telling which back will be were until 2-a-days. i think we do need a reciever(and we have one, don't know how to spell his name so i wont butcher it on here). Sage Smith can sling it and quite accurately so i look for the coaches to implement the passing game a little more this season.  you have to admit rob, there were times when we needed it and didn't have it. as for TE i have an idea but i need to confirm it.

kicking game is solid. no concerns there. infact it just may be the key to some wins next season.

defense?? up front and in the middle, i think we will be ok. Hartman is coming back and that will be a tremendous lift to the the defense. also Boutte back at safety and having gotten valuable expirience late this past season will be even better next year. but like you rob, i too am concerned about CB play. if you give me till the end of the week, i will investigate and see who they are looking at. just got back from C.C. on monday so i am kinda out of the loop a little.

TE is probably Marcus Moore if not out at Wr tall decent speed and good hands... There is a Freshman coming in last names Hays huge kid very athletic... Most likely a lineman type...from JV on the line Jeffrey Watson good offensive lineman, good speed, very strong, and quick feet..... Sage probably will take over at QB.... You also have Zack Massey that will factor into the backfield Patrick Dorn will probably be a linebacker and fill in at Fullback when DJ needs a breather.... You also have #30 Steve "NEMO" Niemcynski returning for a 3rd year on Def...... I gave him that nicknames because I couldn't say his last name until I was told how to say it.... Nim-chin-ski.....  Josh Clayton is another probable LB and fill in in back field for breathers.... Joey Cossleman another option at TE.... Myers, Hudson, my twins will probably be Def Line.... There are a few more coming from the JV squad like Lane Campbell that will be beneficial to the squad....

Rob don't forget powerlifting is in season... First meet Jan 10... I won't make that one will be in Mississippi working.... But you can go see some of our young men that will be playing next year....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1356673" timestamp="1355920447"]
[b]TE is probably Marcus Moore[/b] if not out at Wr tall decent speed and good hands... There is a Freshman coming in last names Hays huge kid very athletic... Most likely a lineman type...from JV on the line Jeffrey Watson good offensive lineman, good speed, very strong, and quick feet..... Sage probably will take over at QB.... You also have Zack Massey that will factor into the backfield Patrick Dorn will probably be a linebacker and fill in at Fullback when DJ needs a breather.... You also have #30 Steve "NEMO" Niemcynski returning for a 3rd year on Def...... I gave him that nicknames because I couldn't say his last name until I was told how to say it.... Nim-chin-ski.....  Josh Clayton is another probable LB and fill in in back field for breathers.... Joey Cossleman another option at TE.... Myers, Hudson, my twins will probably be Def Line.... There are a few more coming from the JV squad like Lane Campbell that will be beneficial to the squad....

Rob don't forget powerlifting is in season... First meet Jan 10... I won't make that one will be in Mississippi working.... But you can go see some of our young men that will be playing next year....
[/quote]
that's what i was thinking for TE. WR is a toss up. we'll have to see what the off season produces as there are a few that can fill the position.

what weight class are the twins lifting in this year?

Oh and also you have Cord Fling for WR.... not the fastest cat but decent hands and is tall.... could make for a decent corner jump in endzone...  CBs i am still not sure on this... Celly played a lot of corner the past 2 years but his height may hinder him... Austin Alvis has decent speed and height... I am pretty sure Boutte will be Safety or CB... We have a JR. Tate LePray that could come up, that played Safety on JV and is pretty good at it... so if he comes up and fills in at Safety Boutte will be able to use his height at the CB position... But I really like Boutte at Safety he is cut from the same mold as Cooper....

On the offensive line you have strong tackle- jeremiah  chandler, strong
Guard- brandon mojica, center- gage baker, quick guard- nathan guidry, quick tackle- tyler mcdaniel. Jeremiah would be the biggest offensive lineman at 6' 2, 275 lb. he is a beast on the o-line.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder