*#8 SILSBEE at #3 BEAUMONT WEST BROOK updates*/SILSBEE WINS 69-62!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good win tonight for the Tigers.  This team still hasn't played a game with a complete team yet, from what I was told.  Saturday and tonight we were missing starting guard Dante Wilson who should be back friday following an injury.  The team played together much better tonight with only a couple of exceptions.  The big guy Zeno gave us fits down low but we were able to hang on for a tough win.

[quote name="ST413" post="1353841" timestamp="1355290630"]
A good win tonight for the Tigers.  This team still hasn't played a game with a complete team yet, from what I was told.  Saturday and tonight we were missing starting guard Dante Wilson who should be back friday following an injury.  The team played together much better tonight with only a couple of exceptions.  The big guy Zeno gave us fits down low but we were able to hang on for a tough win.
[/quote]

Donti went out early in the first quarter against Breaux Bridge, missed the entire PN-G game. Was told he would be held out of tonight's game but should play against Nederland at home Friday night.

You are right, entire team has yet to play a game together. Been 1 or more starters or key players out for every game so far this season.

[quote name="ST413" post="1353847" timestamp="1355291830"]
Oh and it was good to see Patrick Reed back on the court.  He put in some quality time tonight. The Tigers had thirteen suited out for varsity tonight and Dante in street clothes.  A couple of players that had been on varsity played JV.
[/quote]

Figured coach would trim it down some. 16 I thought was a bit much. 13-14 will be sufficient.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1353849" timestamp="1355292191"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=107378.msg1353847#msg1353847 date=1355291830]
Oh and it was good to see Patrick Reed back on the court.  He put in some quality time tonight. The Tigers had thirteen suited out for varsity tonight and Dante in street clothes.  A couple of players that had been on varsity played JV.
[/quote]

Figured coach would trim it down some. 16 I thought was a bit much. 13-14 will be sufficient.
[/quote]Sometimes 13 is too much  ;)

[glow=red,2,300][/glow][quote name="dme1111" post="1353880" timestamp="1355320112"]
Da'Vaughn Thomas went off!!!  What a dang good basketball player!!
[/quote]

Don't know what you saw.  Thomas had a pretty good game but did not stand out above some of his teammates.  You bring to the surface some of the early season problems the Tigers are trying to get rid of,  worrying about the individual instead of the team.

I don't think that its worring about the individual instead of the team. What is wrong with him recieving the compliment that he played a good game. I notice that there is mention of other players and there isn't any feedback on that. i understand that DaVaughn is not originally from Silsbee and Silsbee fans have there favorites, Well DaVaugn has a fan base also and there is NOTHING wrong with someone giving him a pat on the back. I don't believe that he is one of the Tiger Fans favorites,but he is an awesome TEAM player.He plays very unselfish unlike many of his teamates,and he IS a key component to this team!!!! Keep up the good work 32. Continue playing your game despite what "TIGER FANS" think.

Hater.... sounds like somebodys baby boy is getting outplayed. you got family on the team??? they were doing fine before all these so called football stars showed up playing as individuals.  Team is the answer.  some people just can't give props to someone who deserved it. check the stats homie

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1353913" timestamp="1355326010"]
I don't think that its worring about the individual instead of the team. What is wrong with him recieving the compliment that he played a good game. I notice that there is mention of other players and there isn't any feedback on that. i understand that DaVaughn is not originally from Silsbee and Silsbee fans have there favorites, Well DaVaugn has a fan base also and there is NOTHING wrong with someone giving him a pat on the back. I don't believe that he is one of the Tiger Fans favorites,but he is an awesome TEAM player.He plays very unselfish unlike many of his teamates,and he IS a key component to this team!!!! Keep up the good work 32. Continue playing your game despite what "TIGER FANS" think.
[/quote] We dont ever want you to think that your son is not liked here and that he is not a fan favorite....we here love his game especially the flashy passes and his good post play that he brings to the team! And he is not the only one on the team who is not originally from Silsbee but we love em here!!!  :) ;) :D

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1353914" timestamp="1355326261"]
Yes Teams win championships,and trust me #32 understands "TEAM" ball. He is a player that will pass before he shoots if one of his teammates is open. He has been repremanded for passing too much.So with all of that being said ......Watch 32.....you can't find a kid who plays better team ball!!!!
[/quote]I agree! I've seen the kid play several times and he is a team player. Tell Thomas not to allow the distraction to get into his head, nor change his game.  ;)  THEY will try. [color=red]Make sure he makes "adversity" his favorite snack.[/color]

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1353913" timestamp="1355326010"]
[/quote]I think your son is a great addition to the Tiger team. He is a force down low, just what we needed.  I have seen almost every Silsbee game this year and your son is a heck of a good player.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298