What's your expectations for your team next season?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1362529" timestamp="1357898823"]
;D now I am optomistic. I am glad the kids will get new direction. They were clearly being lead in the wrong direction. Change is relevant. The jags need to clean house completely. It's all about the kids.
[/quote]

So how do you think the Jags will do with a new HC and probably a new system?  Playoffs??

[quote name="bigdog" post="1363353" timestamp="1358177576"]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=107359.msg1362529#msg1362529 date=1357898823]
;D now I am optomistic. I am glad the kids will get new direction. They were clearly being lead in the wrong direction. Change is relevant. The jags need to clean house completely. It's all about the kids.
[/quote]

So how do you think the Jags will do with a new HC and probably a new system?  Playoffs??
[/quote]

(Jim Mora voice)
"Playoffs?  Don't talk to me about playoffs!  Playoffs, heck we'll be lucky win another game....  Playoffs...."

Jk  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1363471" timestamp="1358200441"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=107359.msg1363353#msg1363353 date=1358177576]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b](Jim Mora voice)
"Playoffs?  Don't talk to me about playoffs!  Playoffs, heck we'll be lucky win another game....  Playoffs...."[/b]

Jk  ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bigdog" post="1363353" timestamp="1358177576"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Hey we'll see. New start, is good. Me for one I'm just glad Ito get a new start. I'm thinking playoffs is a possibility with what we have coming back. Lets just see what we look like. I'm not gonna get ahead of myself :D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1367806" timestamp="1359475582"]
PN-G better put more than 5 W's in the win column this year.

They also need to find a way to beat Nederland.  Out coached, out played and out numbered year after year by our Mid-County friends is getting old.....just sayin.  :-[
[/quote]

No complaints from this side.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1367847" timestamp="1359484122"]
One correction, PNG has by far and away outnumbered Nederland since Faircloth arrived.  They win the numbers game... but don't think they will be able to pull a win against Nederland this year.  Should get interesting year after though.
[/quote]
I agree with this DOG!

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1367847" timestamp="1359484122"]
One correction, PNG has by far and away outnumbered Nederland since Faircloth arrived.  They win the numbers game... but don't think they will be able to pull a win against Nederland this year. [b] Should get interesting year after though.[/b]
[/quote]

Nederland's current Sophomores should handle PNG's freshmen when they face off the next two years. After that who knows, kids move and quit. Some progress and some decline. Going to be fun to watch. But, Nederland is going to take district again next year.

I agree, I always look at the senior group/leadership... I don't see Barton/Seay... those guys losing.  That would mean likely two more for the Dogs, then it would officially get interesting.  I think the X-Factor would be the Nederland incoming Freshman/current 8th grade group, they could be something special as well... time will tell.  Current Freshman group isn't too shabby, just not as deep and may still lose some to specializing in other sports.

One thing for certain, the PNG 8th / Freshman groups are for real, they won't be anybody's whippin boy and will likely be a force regionally.

I have no predictions for WOS except for something interesting. Seems like every time except for a couple that we have started a season with a new QB, were pretty successful. I'm sure there is someone on here that could help me out and post an accurate past history but here are a couple coming to mind. 1985 Rod Robertson ( one of the best we've had) loses to Yates in a game that many say was for the 5a state championship. Next year we start a rookie QB named Tremaine Lewis..State Champs. 1996 we have an exc ntSolent pocket passer in Kelly Robertson We go 7-5 I believe and lose to Waller in Regionals. The next year we start a fresh Junior named Jermaine Feathers with a bunch of kids that have been on JV or freshman team and go 10-0 in regular season. Ranked #2 in state and eventually lose to state champ LaMarque in regionals. Well, this year seems to be the same a lot of good underclassmen players with a new QB. I guess well see if history repeats itself.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1354613" timestamp="1355441955"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=107359.msg1354535#msg1354535 date=1355434712]
Dayton gets a knew oc add two wins to my previous prediction. 8-2. Alot of young talent. I bet dayton fields the youngest team in the district.
[/quote] I don't think you are gonna see the dysfunctional chaos that seemed to plague the Broncos towards the end of the season like this season. Whether there is a new OC or not.
[/quote]I hope not! I waited most of the season for signs of improvement and adjustments and things just got worse. What do you base your comment on?

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1371252" timestamp="1360288786"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=107359.msg1354613#msg1354613 date=1355441955]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=107359.msg1354535#msg1354535 date=1355434712]
Dayton gets a knew oc add two wins to my previous prediction. 8-2. Alot of young talent. I bet dayton fields the youngest team in the district.
[/quote] I don't think you are gonna see the dysfunctional chaos that seemed to plague the Broncos towards the end of the season like this season. Whether there is a new OC or not.
[/quote]I hope not! I waited most of the season for signs of improvement and adjustments and things just got worse. What do you base your comment on?
[/quote] Lets just say that some of the chaos will be graduating this year. And whether some like it or not... Stewart is still up close and personal with this program....

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1371292" timestamp="1360293109"]
I have no problem with the AD being involved in helping the coaches to solve problems. It was plain to see his passion remains to help the Broncos be successful. Who is Shaq?
[/quote]yeah bronco pride who is this shaq you speak of

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1371292" timestamp="1360293109"]
I have no problem with the AD being involved in helping the coaches to solve problems. It was plain to see his passion remains to help the Broncos be successful. Who is Shaq?
[/quote] shaq was the freshman qb the kid is a stud along with a ton of soon to be sophomore talent. Dayton will be loaded with sophomore and junior talent.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1371268" timestamp="1360290337"]
Is the offensive coordinator graduating. Going to be a ton of young talent at Dayton I can't wait to see Shaq at qb.
[/quote]don't know if the OC is graduating or not... still don't know who Libertys new AD/HC is.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1371304" timestamp="1360294391"]
[quote author=Bronco/Cat Fan link=topic=107359.msg1371292#msg1371292 date=1360293109]
[/quote] shaq was the freshman qb the kid is a stud along with a ton of soon to be sophomore talent. Dayton will be loaded with sophomore and junior talent.
[/quote]I am pretty sure Keener is the QB he will only be a junior this coming season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86