Warning Turner Stadium Humble, TX

Dwack

If you are at a game and the parking runs over do not park at Fisk MEI Inspectors office.  I am not sure this company is involved yet.  However, there is a racket being run there between Fast Tow (2104 Lyons Avenue Houston, TX 77020) and S & J Storage (412 Wilson RD Humble, TX 77338).  They towed about 10 cars out of the Fisk MEI parking lot.  The business had been closed, and I am not sure what issue the cars parked there caused.  They weren't double parked just parked there in the lot.  The towing and storage fee to get your car out after the game was $224.  The service there was excellent as well with friendly helpers that where willing to physically threaten their new customers.  I would have rather a thief taken my car.  At least a thief would have probably had admitted what they were doing was wrong.  If ever in need of a tow, storage, or oilfield inspection bypass these folks and use someone with integrity.  I will update on Fisk MEI's involvement.  I have e-mailed them to inquire about their involvement.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1352445" timestamp="1355067285"]
I know the owner of one of the owners of the the companies he mentioned and highly doubt he would something illegal. Before you post something on a message board opening yourself up to legal problems if not accurate. Ever heard of slander?
[/quote]Good, then maybe one of the owners of the owner will pay your fine.  Maybe he could have worded it differently but its good to know where not to park.

Usually when tow trucks are doing things like this, it is a scam! And there are a few people in Humble who will do something like this! Did they have signs that say don't park there! If I were a Part-Owner of a company, I would make sure something like this didn't happen!

[quote name="beechnut" post="1352445" timestamp="1355067285"]
I know the owner of one of the owners of the the companies he mentioned and highly doubt he would something illegal. Before you post something on a message board opening yourself up to legal problems if not accurate. Ever heard of slander?
[/quote]

Actually since it was in print it would be libel, not slander.

Actually, this IS a good thing because now the owners of the tow companies will get to tell their dise of the story and get their perspective. Always good to get both sides. Slander, BTW involves malicious, false and defamatory statements intent on injurying a person's reputation. Didn't see that in his statement.

I made a phone call and my bud has no part of theses companies and I would encourage all who had their cars towed to contact city of Humble. BC if they were hauling cars off illegally something needs to be done. Sorry but every town has their goons and we are no exception. The PA announcer was calling out cars that were parked illegal and I have to vouch for Humble PD bc they do a good job. We have to many people over here and the roads suck and have not kept up with the growth. You cannot park on
Private property without permission. Hence the onus is on the owner of the business. Matters not to me bc I was @ the game @ 530. Live it up and sorry you guys got the hook. Later   

[quote name="7mary3" post="1352543" timestamp="1355079352"]
Beechnut you might want to do your homework before you get on here and start yelling "Slander" and have no idea what it means.  Geeeeeeezzzzzz

Yes mam I will do that if u promise to get the same commitment from the one that started this thread. Don't park on private property might be the lesson learned.....
[/quote]

Thanks for the info dwack, check out http://www.texastowingcompliance.com/. I read one story where someone running an illegal towing scheme was sentenced to 18 years. Theres alot of good drivers out there saving our butts when we need it but there are undoubtedly a few bottom feeders out there just taking advantage of people. Even private property owners have sign posting requirements, was the lot marked at all? I understand there is also a law allowing you to sue an illegal tower and be rewarded up to 3 times your damage, you'll have to research that. They count on the fact that most folks will figure its not worth the hassle and will just pay and move on.

beechnut maybe you should have made that phone call before coming on here flapping about slander.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1352558" timestamp="1355082571"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=107303.msg1352543#msg1352543 date=1355079352]
Beechnut you might want to do your homework before you get on here and start yelling "Slander" and have no idea what it means.  Geeeeeeezzzzzz

Yes mam I will do that if u promise to get the same commitment from the one that started this thread. Don't park on private property might be the lesson learned.....
[/quote]
[/quote]
In order to slander someone or in the case libel since it was in print the information would have to be untrue and malicious as previously stated by other posters.  I didn't state anything that would fall in those categories.  I didn't even say they did anything illegal, but I did state these companies are of low moral character (with possible exception to Fisk Mei) and I stick to that.  I parked on private property they did have a small sign, but if it wasn't a racket why would the storage company have two people working to get cars out of their lot after hours.  It didn't appear they were surprised about what was going to happen that night.  It does not matter if what they did was technically legal it was wrong, and I intend to do everything in my power to see there is some type of reckoning.  If you want on the list Beechnut I have room, but for know I will give you pass.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin