**NEDERLAND vs. GEORGETOWN Broadcast**/Georgetown wins 38-6

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=107279 .msg1352284#msg1352284 date=1355024200]
Its truley amazing how Nederland fans lose with class. No complaining what so ever just congrats to GT on the win and hope you win state. WOW !  Summer Creek fans take notice your first lessons in class. It will take many more but ihave hope for you one day.
[/quote]

stop Whining will you! Summer Creek came out of your mouth 100 times tonight...Some Nederland fans do not have Class! Isn't this the same dude that put up a entire thread saying SC thought we would lose to Dawson? I believe so, stop being a cry baby, SC can care less about you  :'( :'( :'(

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1352310" timestamp="1355025763"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=107279 .msg1352284#msg1352284 date=1355024200]
Its truley amazing how Nederland fans lose with class. No complaining what so ever just congrats to GT on the win and hope you win state. WOW !  Summer Creek fans take notice your first lessons in class. It will take many more but ihave hope for you one day.
[/quote]

stop Whining will you! Summer Creek came out of your mouth 100 times tonight...Some Nederland fans do not have Class! Isn't this the same dude that put up a entire thread saying SC thought we would lose to Dawson? I believe so,[b] stop being a cry baby, SC can care less about you  [/b] :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]

Ummm, why are you on a Nederland Thread?????

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1352316" timestamp="1355026019"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=107279.msg1352310#msg1352310 date=1355025763]
[/quote]

stop Whining will you! Summer Creek came out of your mouth 100 times tonight...Some Nederland fans do not have Class! Isn't this the same dude that put up a entire thread saying SC thought we would lose to Dawson? I believe so,[b] stop being a cry baby, SC can care less about you  [/b] :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]

Ummm, why are you on a Nederland Thread?????
[/quote]

same reason Ned jumped on SC thread ;)

Just in from the game and here is my observations.
1 Gt is a well coached team with a very good qb.
2. Nederland was flat  on offense and with Kendrick nowhere near ready to play with his shoulder no running game to speak of.
3. Most important can not have 7 turnovers against anyone especially a high powered offensive team.
4. GT defense is solid .
Congratulations to GT.
Dogs I am very proud of your success and has been a joy to watch.
Gt bring that trophy back to Region 3.

One play changed the game in the first half, that pick-6 off that bubble screen.

in the 2nd half: The first PF call on NED in the 3rd qtr pretty much sealed it IMO, lost composure when the game wasnt over yet, G'Town took advantage.

Raines was off tonight, dont know what that was all about. Why wasnt Hopkins playing most of the 1st qtr also?  Defense IMO got tired after the 1st qtr, they were getting to #10 but after the GTown oline started blocking better he was picking that secondary apart. For NED next year you guys better get your [b]depth issues[/b] right, not saying it was an excuse for losing tonight but i sure didnt see anyone from GTown getting tired, saw alot of subbing in & out by them, they were pretty fresh. GT looked like a team destined for a State Title, once again congrats to them and also to NED on yet [b]another great season[/b].

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1352335" timestamp="1355027119"]
One play changed the game in the first half, that pick-6 off that bubble screen.

in the 2nd half: The first PF call on NED in the 3rd qtr pretty much sealed it IMO, lost composure when the game wasnt over yet, G'Town took advantage.

Raines was off tonight, dont know what that was all about. Why wasnt Hopkins playing most of the 1st qtr also?  Defense IMO got tired after the 1st qtr, they were getting to #10 but after the GTown oline started blocking better he was picking that secondary apart. For NED next year you guys better get your [b]depth issues[/b] right, not saying it was an excuse for losing tonight but i sure didnt see anyone from GTown getting tired, saw alot of subbing in & out by them, they were pretty fresh. GT looked like a team destined for a State Title, once again congrats to them and also to NED on yet [b]another great season[/b].
[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly on the pick 6. Most important play of the game in my eyes. Ned D was great in 1st q, but got wore down because they were on the field a lot because the offense was struggling against a good Eagle D. I think it was obvious that Hopkins was not 100 percent today but he is a gamer and did not want to come out. Great season by Ned, I agree.

What I saw was  Ned team who's offense was way out of sync and a defense that were handed several gifts (bad passes)  but decided not to accept them (dropped interceptions).  Those int's would have changed the momentum BIG TIME in the early going.  The D also committed way too many penalties,  several of them needless (PF).  They were baited by GT and they took the bait.
Perhaps NED was feeling too confident after last week's upset?  IDK.  I just know that this wasn't the normal Bulldog team of late.

An awesome season,  and a lot to be proud of,  no doubt.

BTW,  where were all the GT folks?  They all could have easily fit in the lower deck.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1352351" timestamp="1355028142"]
What I saw was  Ned team who's offense was way out of sync and a defense that were handed several gifts (bad passes)  but decided not to accept them (dropped interceptions).  Those int's would have changed the momentum BIG TIME in the early going.  The D also committed way too many penalties,  several of them needless (PF).  They were baited by GT and they took the bait.
Perhaps NED was feeling too confident after last week's upset?  IDK.  I just know that this wasn't the normal Bulldog team of late.

An awesome season,  and a lot to be proud of,  no doubt.

[b]BTW,  where were all the GT folks?[/b]  They all could have easily fit in the lower deck.
[/quote] The ones who were there were loud as heck man, they didnt stop cheering even when up by 31. They were into it today. Saw alot of NED folks on the GT side also, had a couple of Dayton and Angleton folks there also on the GT side. Berry was too small to hold all the NED fans IMO.

Dogs severely SEVERELY choked on offense. They know it, everyone knew it. Dont get me wrong, George town was good!! Plenty good enough to win and win state, but two interceptions thrown where there were no bulldog players within 20 yards and several dropped interceptions made it impossible . An entire season of poor offensive strategy finally came back to haunt them.  I think after 17 points all due to offensive blunder,  the Dogs defense really let down. You can onyl ask so much. Georgetowns offense did not have much in the first half, they were pretty well shutout except for a field goal on a short field. But in the second half they tasted blood in the water and they fed...

Great season Dogs. I'll miss seeing you till next season. I thought this was the first real chance we had at going all the way in a decade.

I have to give credit to Nederland fans, they were there early and loud. Very good defense by Nederland which probably contributed to a lot of uncaracteristic dropped passes by Gtown. If it wasn't for the Gtown defense hitting hard and creating turnovers, might have been a closer game. Gtown brings the JV to all the playoff games, so the manpower is exagerated.

Congrats to GTown...they were clearly the better team tonight...that Qb is really special..the kid can flat make throws.

This is no way diminishes the season these Dogs had!!!  it was a fantastic run with far more good than bad and I am VERY proud fo this group...the memories these guys gave us will last a lifetime...thanks, boys...again, I for one am extremely proud of all you have accomplished.

[quote name="Razor" post="1352365" timestamp="1355030010"]
Congrats to GTown...they were clearly the better team tonight...that Qb is really special..the kid can flat make throws.

This is no way diminishes the season these Dogs had!!!  it was a fantastic run with far more good than bad and I am VERY proud fo this group...the memories these guys gave us will last a lifetime...thanks, boys...again, I for one am extremely proud of all you have accomplished.
[/quote] their QB reminds me of Zac Robinson (ex-Ok State QB)

I have watched probably around 200 highschool games and I haven't seen a kid throw before a receiver's break and hit him dead in the numbers so many times like the qb for GT did...the kid is legit..7 turnovers and you will not win in the quarterfinals...ned DEF gassed...hell of a nederland team that just made too many mistakes today..

[quote name="oldschool59" post="1352379" timestamp="1355031612"]
I have watched probably around 200 highschool games and [b]I haven't seen a kid throw before a receiver's break and hit him dead in the numbers so many times like the qb for GT did[/b]...the kid is legit..7 turnovers and you will not win in the quarterfinals...ned DEF gassed...heck of a nederland team that just made too many mistakes today..
[/quote] for me i havent seen it live in person thinking back since Jeremy Claybon of Lufkin (2005), but he had a lil ol WR named Dez Bryant though.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1352382" timestamp="1355033181"]
[quote author=oldschool59 link=topic=107279.msg1352379#msg1352379 date=1355031612]
I have watched probably around 200 highschool games and [b]I haven't seen a kid throw before a receiver's break and hit him dead in the numbers so many times like the qb for GT did[/b]...the kid is legit..7 turnovers and you will not win in the quarterfinals...ned DEF gassed...heck of a nederland team that just made too many mistakes today..
[/quote] for me i havent seen it live in person thinking back since Jeremy Claybon of Lufkin (2005), but he had a lil ol WR named Dez Bryant though.
[/quote]

He was a good one. 

Just my observations:

Georgetown D is good.

- We had at least 11 balls dropped that hit the receiver/DB in the hands. That killed us.

- The Offense was completely out of sync, we had the QB throwing where there were no receivers, and no running game to speak of.  I understand that Hopkins is hurt.

- The defense held Georgetown to 10 points in the first half, but was worn out in the 3rd quarter from being on the field so much.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1352787" timestamp="1355108220"]
Just my observations:

Georgetown D is good.

- We had at least 11 balls dropped that hit the receiver/DB in the hands. That killed us.

- The Offense was completely out of sync, we had the QB throwing where there were no receivers, and no running game to speak of.  I understand that Hopkins is hurt.

- The defense held Georgetown to 10 points in the first half, but was worn out in the 3rd quarter from being on the field so much.
[/quote]

The injuries on the OL affected the defense as well...Pryor having to play guard all game forced him to not be able to play D much...then Washington shifted over to DT and therefor wasn't much of a factor not coming flying off the edge

Just now able to post here about the game and season for the DOGS.  First, I couldn't be more proud of you guys...such heart.  Second, I knew the game was over in the 3rd quarter and thats when my eyes filled with tears and hurt because it was difficult to see how everything was playing out.  Third, I was ashamed of so many of our fans who bailed out of the stands half way thru the 3rd qtr.....the team needs support when they are losing JUST AS MUCH as when they are winning!

Such a memorable season, to see you guys improve and become so close like brothers/family throughout the season really set the bar for the next group.  Fine examples of what this program is all about.
It has been a real pleasure and honor to watch you play this season.  You have made so many wonderful memories for us all.  I wish the graduating Seniors the best of luck in your future careers and may God Bless you. To the returning players, can't wait to see you in action next season and we welcome you back.

Until next season.....GO BULLDOGS!

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1352880" timestamp="1355152036"]
Just now able to post here about the game and season for the DOGS.  First, I couldn't be more proud of you guys...such heart.  Second, I knew the game was over in the 3rd quarter and thats when my eyes filled with tears and hurt because it was difficult to see how everything was playing out.  [b]Third, I was ashamed of so many of our fans who bailed out of the stands half way thru the 3rd qtr.....the team needs support when they are losing JUST AS MUCH as when they are winning![/b]

Such a memorable season, to see you guys improve and become so close like brothers/family throughout the season really set the bar for the next group.  Fine examples of what this program is all about.
It has been a real pleasure and honor to watch you play this season.  You have made so many wonderful memories for us all.  I wish the graduating Seniors the best of luck in your future careers and may God Bless you. To the returning players, can't wait to see you in action next season and we welcome you back.

Until next season.....GO BULLDOGS!
[/quote]

As a PNG fan who was at the game cheering for the BULLDOGS I just want to go on record saying it happens at ALL schools not just Nederland and PNG.  Just be glad that the stands are full at the beginning of the games all season.  Some schools in our district had less than 100 people at some games. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty