*HOUSTON CHRISTIAN TOURNEY SCORE UPDATES*

Kelly is playing in this tournament. This tournament has a very tough field including St Johns and Bellaire Episcopal.

Here is how Kelly has fared so far:

Bellaire Episcopal 67 - Kelly 28 just to much size for Kelly.

Conroe SATCH beat Kelly by 3 not sure of exact score.

Kelly beat Pope John By about 20.

Here are the scores for Kelly's games in the tournament:
Bellaire Episcopal 64  Kelly 29  -  Kelly was only down 31-19 at half but their size was just to much for Kelly.  Episcopal won the tournament championship Saturday against St Johns 69-59.  The Winslow kid from St. Johns is incredible and is only a junior.  Coaches from Baylor, UCLA, Texas and I'm sure other were there to watch the game and he put on a show.  Episcopal had the better overall team.

Conroe SATCH 55  Kelly 52  - Kelly had a 52-46 led with 2 minutes left and couldn't hold on.  Kelly played a really well the entire game against a good team with a guard being recruited by several DI schools.  Just didn't execute in the final minutes.  Must improve in this area and finish these games.

Pope John Paul XXIII 49  Kelly 64 - Kelly was ahead from start to finish in this one.

Corpus Christi John Paul II 55  Kelly 62 - Kelly built up an 18 point led in the 3rd qtr but let them cut into the led at the end of the game.  Score ended up a little closer than the game really was although JPII had some talent.  Kelly just played really well in the first 3 quarters.

St. Pius 56  Kelly 61 - Great game from start to finish.  Very intense game between district foes.  The boys really stepped up to the challenge.  Maybe we finally learned how to finish a game.  Should give the team some confidence going into district in January.  We play at Pius in our district opener on January 11.  For comparison, Nederland beat Pius 54-48 earlier in the year.

Long week of basketball for the boys and parents.  We played in Houston Tuesday night, lost in overtime, and didn't get home until after midnight because of the weather.  Then played 5 games in three days in Houston.  Much needed day off Sunday before @ PNG Tuesday night.

Finally, congratulations to Thomas Falgout and Cam Franks for all tournament selection.  I hate to single players out because they all had their moments and in particular Shad Wise has turned into the much needed point guard running the show, breaking the press, and distributing the ball.  Others are learning their roles on the team and getting confident in those roles.

I appreciate this forum so the boys can get a little recognition for the way they have played this year and the hard work they put in during practice.  Being a small school, its hard for the boys to get that recognition any other way.  Other that Episcopal, we have had an opportunity to win every game.  We are undersized in every game we play, with guards having to cover and rebound against guys 4 to 6 inches taller than them.  To make up for that, our guys play extremely hard and deserve a little recognition.   

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1352661" timestamp="1355093641"]
I appreciate this forum so the boys can get a little recognition for the way they have played this year and the hard work they put in during practice.  Being a small school, its hard for the boys to get that recognition any other way.  Other that Episcopal, we have had an opportunity to win every game.  We are undersized in every game we play, with guards having to cover and rebound against guys 4 to 6 inches taller than them.  To make up for that, our guys play extremely hard and deserve a little recognition. 
[/quote]

I watched a couple of their games at the Huntington tourney. I was impressed.

Keep the updates of the season coming!

[quote name="Cfrank Sr" post="1351988" timestamp="1355003493"]
Kelly won vs St Pius X
61-56…Kelly beat St. Pius X their district rival for the first time since 2006 and won 3rd place in the Houston Christian Tournament that included some pretty stiff competition.
[/quote]

Kelly has beaten St. Pius in 06, 07, and 09 for sure

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder