Carthage vs. El Campo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this game and WOW! what a game! monsoon came early as far as the rain but i sat thru it. That EC QB is a beast running the ball, cant hit the broad side of a barn throwing but the way he was running they didnt really need to. Carthage used its last timeout too early in this one and it cost them, timeout would have been lovely on the last 4th down play to actually think about it. Everybody in the stadium knew that qb sneak was coming and he missed it by 1/4 of an inch. Good season for Carthage and good luck to EC versus that monster in Stephenville Friday.

btw, EC brought the whole freakin town to BMT tonight, i got to the stadium at 6pm and the parking lot was packed! Carthage brought a good size crowd too. This was the best game i've been to all year long!  8)

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1351481" timestamp="1354939017"]
Any word on how Isaiah Golden is doing?
[/quote]

He has a little growing up to do.  On the last kneel down a scuffle broke out and he was in the middle of it.  Then in the lineup to sake hands after the game he started another scuffle and was pulled way off to the side by the coaches.

Hats off to EC tonight on what many will feel was an upset.  It looked like Carthage was going to put the game away after going up 25-14.  You could just feel all the momentum they had taking over.  They get a turnover in EC territory and try a deep pass or two and fail to get a first down.  EC finaly gets a touchdown with about three minutes to go. And gets the onside kick but was offside.  You feel that their chances are slim after they kick into the endzone for the touchack.  But the get a fumble recovery on the nine.  Get a run to the one then another offsides backs it up to the six for third and goal. A run to the two. And you had to think the fg was coming.  They call time out and come out and run the ball up the middle on Carthages huge line for the winning TD.  Hats off to EC's head coach for having the stones for that play call.  And yes EC's QB would not go down. I bet he had as many as 5 or 6 broken tackles on some plays.  EC did what we couoldn't last week,  they kept their offense on the field for lengthy drives and gave some of those defensive players time to rest.  Best game I have been too in quite a while!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86