Not Enough Seating for the Nederland vs Georgetown Game

godawggo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="godawggo" post="1348905" timestamp="1354638203"]
Was told that Nederland was given 5,000 tickets to sell and they are going like hotcakes! Seriously should have selected a venue with more seating!
[/quote]

I told my husband that as soon as I heard the venue and how many it held.

[quote name="godawggo" post="1348914" timestamp="1354638682"]
It is upsetting to think that [size=10pt][b]some people may not get to see the game.[/b] [/size]We may have a big ole party out in the parkinglot. Standing room only and Barking outside the fence.
[/quote]

I will bet that several thousand people will not get to see the game that would have in a much better sized stadium.

Folks, if you don't get a ticket to get inside, please don't let that discourage you from going to the game.  Let's pack that place inside and out and show Georgetown that they can't keep us away not no way not no how!  Even from outside the gate this game is going to be exciting.  Put it on the radio in the parking lot and cheer all the same...I'm sure they will have a video screen to see from outside of the gate too.  Bring the noise Nederland Fans.....Loud and Proud this Saturday afternoon.  Let Georgetown feel our presence, our coummunity family and the intimidation of stregnth through size of following.
Let our team have the comfort of our support and cheers knowing we stand with them all the way!!!!! 

Pride....Honor.....Stregnth....Tradition.....Community.....Family

WE ARE THE NEDERLAND BULLDOGS

I saw the first quarter of Summer Creek and Georgetown in College Station a couple of weeks ago. College Station High's home side stands are probably a tad smaller than Nederland's, and the Georgetown fans were having trouble filling that side.

I'm betting you'll be able to drive over and purchase a ticket at the gate on GT's side. I'll be putting my eggs in that basket at least. It's tough to get your hands on tickets being an out-of-towner.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1349021" timestamp="1354647214"]
Nederland fans will grab every remaining seat there is I'm sure....ha ha ha, the rest will support from outside the gate.  I promise you, [b]Georgetown will have never seen a supporting fan base like ours before.[/b]
[/quote]

Uh, you must remember that Gtown just dropped down from 5A. They have seen large followings before. Nothing new to them.

[quote name="midcounty73" post="1348959" timestamp="1354642354"]
According to the stadium map we got with our tickets, there is NO tailgating....that stinks!
[/quote]
There is no way they will be able to stop that many fans from sitting in the parking lots. I think what they mean is that no tail gating can be done beofre the game starts

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1349117" timestamp="1354653161"]
[quote author=midcounty73 link=topic=107117.msg1348959#msg1348959 date=1354642354]
According to the stadium map we got with our tickets, there is NO tailgating....that stinks!
[/quote]
There is no way they will be able to stop that many fans from sitting in the parking lots. I think what they mean is that no tail gating can be done beofre the game starts
[/quote]
They could require you to show tickets before letting you into parking lot if it is a sellout which i know it will be. For folks to go and take up parking spaces with no way in is not right to the people who have tickets and should get the parking.

[quote name="freelancer1-1" post="1348979" timestamp="1354644568"]
My understanding is that Rice and Reliant are booked for this weekend which are the only two large venues GT's coach was willing to use. He wants to play on turf from what I hear. Big or small, I am confident that Nederland fans (and surrounding supporters!) will make it a hostile environment! GO DOGS!!!!!
[/quote]

Should have tried for Provost Umphrey.  You could get 20k SRO for the game and a short drive to boot!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1349241" timestamp="1354661905"]
[quote author=freelancer1-1 link=topic=107117.msg1348979#msg1348979 date=1354644568]
My understanding is that Rice and Reliant are booked for this weekend which are the only two large venues GT's coach was willing to use. He wants to play on turf from what I hear. Big or small, I am confident that Nederland fans (and surrounding supporters!) will make it a hostile environment! GO DOGS!!!!!
[/quote]

Should have tried for Provost Umphrey.  You could get 20k SRO for the game and a short drive to boot!!
[/quote]
GT would've never agreed to that..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin