West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348705" timestamp="1354592700"]
I will be the first Navasota fan to admit WOS has a nasty defense.  Playmakers all over the field.  Navasota is going to have to play its best game to win.  If WOS is going to win they are going to have to play their best also.  If Navasota executes and doesn't turn the ball over they will win.  If WOS creates turnover and turns them into points for the offense they will win.  I am just hoping for a good game.  I don't think we have to worry about WOS players acting like thugs as LaMarque did.  I think Hooks would put an end to that crap first.  Should be the best 3A game of the year.  Either way both teams have had a great year.  It is fun to talk a little smack to each other, but in the end we have no control of the game.  Good luck WOS and air up them basketballs (just joking).  Travel safe and be loud.
[/quote]Dan Hooks has retired. But the enforcer at WOS has always been Cornell Thompson, He is now head Coach and he will not stand for the players showing anything but class, just ask J Rhodes after he did his little end zone celebration and got flagged, he paid dearly for that one.
I'm looking forward to a great game. This is Texas football at it's best. Just hoping for a good clean, injury free game. This one will have some hitting going on for sure. I don't mind refs throwing flags as long as it is equitable. Last week I can only recall Lorena being flagged one time.
And as you said holding happens every play.  I think they just felt sorry for the big fella ( QB ).

[quote name="skipper" post="1348719" timestamp="1354593773"]
GOOD POST----------------------cbmurphy11 we all can go to bed this week laffing at some of the post i dont lose sleep over it and i feel you dont
[/quote]

Totally agree.  Just having some fun.  We are talking about 15 to 18 year old kids.  Anything is possible. 

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1348410" timestamp="1354566419"]
Maxpreps is not actual just like y'all's QB's arm I just watched film on him.
[/quote]

I'm gonna call you on that one. It is a totally uncalled for post. NO need to criticize kids on any way here. I think Salter might surprise you. Shame you on, who are you a two year old? AS far as the tweets back and forth show me the facts. WOS athletes were told no social media this week. Seems like all you do on here is try to stir crap up sir (using that team loosely). Support yout team but leave the childish insults somewhere else.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348705" timestamp="1354592700"]
I will be the first Navasota fan to admit WOS has a nasty defense.  Playmakers all over the field.  Navasota is going to have to play its best game to win.  If WOS is going to win they are going to have to play their best also.  If Navasota executes and doesn't turn the ball over they will win.  If WOS creates turnover and turns them into points for the offense they will win.  I am just hoping for a good game.  I don't think we have to worry about WOS players acting like thugs as LaMarque did.  I think Hooks would put an end to that crap first.  Should be the best 3A game of the year.  Either way both teams have had a great year.  It is fun to talk a little smack to each other, but in the end we have no control of the game.  Good luck WOS and air up them basketballs (just joking).  Travel safe and be loud.
[/quote]

Good post Murphy, +1 from me..either team will represent the region very, very well. We have some basket balls you can borrow  ;)

[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1348588" timestamp="1354584035"]
I think the more these Nav fans talk the more pressure they put on their teams shoulders. They already have enough pressure going into this game.  Carrying the #1 ranking and trying to hold on to it is a lot. WO-S has absolutely nothing to lose and no pressure, they will be well prepared. I don't care who beat who by how many points on what night with whatever moon phase was happening, and who's friends with whos uncles cousins brothers mothers first husbands sister-in-law. This comes down to execution on offense, defense and special teams.

I very much believe in the old saying.....Defense wins championships

Defense will proves itself Friday night....
[/quote]

WOS has tons to lose...  Afterall, the entire state knowS about WOS's defense and the comparision that some you are making... 
Act as if you don't think that WOS has anything to lose, we all know better than that..

Imagine this, Navasota beats WOS and that great defense... All those shutouts gone out the window because they lost to Navasota... THE PRESSURE IS ON!

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1348747" timestamp="1354596013"]
[quote author=Cover 2 Wild Rattler link=topic=106949.msg1348410#msg1348410 date=1354566419]
[/quote]

I'm gonna call you on that one. It is a totally uncalled for post. NO need to criticize kids on any way here. I think Salter might surprise you. Shame you on, who are you a two year old? AS far as the tweets back and forth show me the facts. WOS athletes were told no social media this week. Seems like all you do on here is try to stir crap up sir (using that team loosely). Support yout team but leave the childish insults somewhere else.
[/quote]

Agree with you.  This is not a place to bash players or coaches.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1348755" timestamp="1354596733"]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=106949.msg1348588#msg1348588 date=1354584035]
I think the more these Nav fans talk the more pressure they put on their teams shoulders. They already have enough pressure going into this game.  Carrying the #1 ranking and trying to hold on to it is a lot. WO-S has absolutely nothing to lose and no pressure, they will be well prepared. I don't care who beat who by how many points on what night with whatever moon phase was happening, and who's friends with whos uncles cousins brothers mothers first husbands sister-in-law. This comes down to execution on offense, defense and special teams.

[/quote]

WOS has tons to lose...  Afterall, the entire state knowS about WOS's defense and the comparision that some you are making... 
Act as if you don't think that WOS has anything to lose, we all know better than that..

Imagine this, Navasota beats WOS and that great defense... All those shutouts gone out the window because they lost to Navasota... THE PRESSURE IS ON!
[/quote]

Good job trying to deflect..but sorry, we are HUGE underdogs here. Everyone on your side even says so. The shutouts were for pride, nothing else. Pressure is squarely on the unbeatable, a team that should beat us by at least 40 points, number 1 ranked team in the state, with a offense like the Houston Gamblers of old and a defense that would remind you of eleven combinations of tanks and lightening bolts. I will give Navasota props they have played two tough teams back-to-back. It's hard to maintain mental excellance for three weeks in a row. If they can they deserve to be in the storied annuals of Texas high school football.

One thing people may be overlooking is conditioning. How much has the Navasota starters played the entire year when they were blowing people out? WOS players are used to going both ways for almost the entire game. Maybe Rattler fans can tell us how many times these boys played the full 48.

They don't play the whole game very often.  Someone was talking about all we want to do is run up the score.  Most games backups have been in by the middle of the 3rd quarter.  They do have a few that play both ways.  I don't think conditioning is going to be an issue.  It better not be at this stage in the year.

CBMurphy11...that was the most realistic post that I have read on here.  I just don't believe you disrespect your opponent like both sides have done on this forum.  I believe it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.  If Navasota wins they will have a least one more WO-S supporter backing them to a State Championship.  Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.  But like you I am pulling for my team to win.  Lets go Stangs!!!  Leave it all out on the field!!!!

[color=blue][size=10pt][font=verdana][i][b][move]Lets Go Mustangs!!!  Play This Game Like It Is Your Last...With No Regrets[/move][/b][/i][/font][/size][/color]

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1348762" timestamp="1354597624"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106949.msg1348755#msg1348755 date=1354596733]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=106949.msg1348588#msg1348588 date=1354584035]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good job trying to deflect..but sorry, we are HUGE underdogs here. Everyone on your side even says so. The shutouts were for pride, nothing else. Pressure is squarely on the unbeatable, a team that should be us by at least 40 points, number 1 ranked team in the state, with a offense like the Houston Gamblers of old and a defense that would remind you of eleven combinations of tanks and lightening bolts. I will give Navasota props they have played two tough teams back-to-back. It's hard to maintain mental excellance for three weeks in a row. If they can they deserve to be in the storied annuals of Texas high school football.

One thing people may be overlooking is conditioning. How much has the Navasota starters played the entire year when they were blowing people out? WOS players are used to going both ways for almost the entire game. Maybe Rattler fans can tell us how many times these boys played the full 48.
[/quote]

Enjoyed that Houston Gamblers reference.  That brought back some cool memories.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348764" timestamp="1354598097"]
They don't play the whole game very often.  Someone was talking about all we want to do is run up the score.  Most games backups have been in by the middle of the 3rd quarter.  They do have a few that play both ways.  I don't think conditioning is going to be an issue.  It better not be at this stage in the year.
[/quote]

Murphy, your a standup and honest guy. I appreciate the response. Should the Rattlers win (not that they will lol) I'd be rooting for you guys to go all the way.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348764" timestamp="1354598097"]
[/quote]

Think that was the point... WOS plays both ways and can last the full game if need be.. CAN NAVASOTA LAST IF NEED BE?

Curious about the LaMarque game did the starters play the whole game? Were they tired in the 4th Q?

Miscue on two Punts that Navasota scored on after a short field and one recovery in the end zone for a TD.
La Marque 72-yard touchdown called back in the fourth that killed their come back rally.

Take away those screw ups on the punts and give that TD back then La Marque wins.

Just Saying.. Not sure when all those turnovers happened but it was 24-6 mid 3rd Q.. and Nav won 31-20 final..

Looks to me like Navasotas defense is not all conditioned to play the whole game. IMO..

This should never get too serious...it ain't nothin but harmless trash talkin and predictions. It should never escalate to anything as far as talking down on the other team or worst. To the WOS fans I hope yall don't get a bad taste in yalls mouth about Navasota. We are respectful people and have a lot of class. If you've heard about the La Marque game you knnow what I'm talking about. To West Orange-Stark I wish yall the best of luck and to my Rattlers I hope yall have an amazing game like always, go out there and play like champs!! I pray for a clean, injury free game for both teams. This will be a great one!! Can't wait for Friday night!!#RATTLERNATION

Ifs and buts were candy and nuts;  the LaMarque game was never in question.  They scored 14 points off of our miscues.  Each oh the last 2 scores were with Navasota up 3 scores and playing a prevent defense.  I agree the QB made it an interesting game but Navasota was in control the entire game even with our 4 turnovers.  We ran the ball more times than we passed and against a defense that everyone said we would have no success on the ground against.  The big boys in the trenches may get tired, but just as LaMarques big guys did, WOS will also wear down.  LaMarque was getting pushed 5 yards off the line of scrimmage in the 4th quarter.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348842" timestamp="1354631742"]
Ifs and buts were candy and nuts;  the LaMarque game was never in question.  They scored 14 points off of our miscues.  Each oh the last 2 scores were with Navasota up 3 scores and playing a prevent defense.  I agree the QB made it an interesting game but Navasota was in control the entire game even with our 4 turnovers.  We ran the ball more times than we passed and against a defense that everyone said we would have no success on the ground against.  The big boys in the trenches may get tired, but just as LaMarques big guys did, WOS will also wear down.  LaMarque was getting pushed 5 yards off the line of scrimmage in the 4th quarter.
[/quote]
Well said. Our defense fought well that night. Navasota made some mistakes but I guarantee Fedora is gonna have that fixed up. Rattler defense is something serious and ain't gonna take anything lightly at all.

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1348410" timestamp="1354566419"]
[/quote]

Really?  You have to stoop to dissing a player to what...boost your ego?  I surely hope you have not procreated.  Yep, you keep thinking his arm is not "actual"...  Nice try, but you will not get in our heads like Navasota is known to do before the game even starts.  No one has called any of your players.  Grow up (unless you are one of their players).  Y'all keep talking because actions speak louder than words.  We want you to keep underestimating us...  ;)

[quote name="stang4life" post="1348847" timestamp="1354632358"]
[quote author=Cover 2 Wild Rattler link=topic=106949.msg1348410#msg1348410 date=1354566419]
[/quote]

Really?  You have to stoop to dissing a player to what...boost your ego?  I surely hope you have not procreated.  Yep, you keep thinking his arm is not "actual"...  Nice try, but you will not get in our heads like Navasota is known to do before the game even starts.  No one has called any of your players.  Grow up (unless you are one of their players).  Y'all keep talking because actions speak louder than words.  We want you to keep underestimating us...  ;)
[/quote]
He apologized...no reason to keep commenting about it

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348842" timestamp="1354631742"]
[/quote]

Yeah I know stats don't mean anything I was just looking and reading how the game went.. So do you think if they would have shut the run down the passing game would have worked?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317