West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

I have seen both teams, and im telling you...Navasota will win. They are the real deal folks. Good as it gets in 3a. If you haven't seen them, trust me they are well deserving of the #1 ranking. Athletes on both sides of the ball, in every position. On top of that they are well coached and do things right. QB is a dual threat and the passing game will be too much for WOS. I assure you Navasota's defense is no punk either. Stangs will have a tough time scoring on them. Probably the best D that WOS has faced.

WOS defense will be the best Navasota has seen all year. They are fast and fly to the ball. The rattlers run game will be limited by the Stang D. Fortunately for them, they pass more than run. 
With that being said,  WOS has enough athletes to pull off the upset...but they will need to force a few turnovers and play very well on offense to win. Will be interesting to see Nav O vs WOS D. They will represent 21-3a well.

From an unbiased opinion on what I have seen..
Its close through two quarters, then the Rattlers pull away in the 2nd half.

Navasota 38
WOS 14

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1348415" timestamp="1354567034"]
I have seen both teams, and im telling you...Navasota will win. They are the real deal folks. Good as it gets in 3a. If you haven't seen them, trust me they are well deserving of the #1 ranking. Athletes on both sides of the ball, in every position. On top of that they are well coached and do things right. QB is a dual threat and the passing game will be too much for WOS. I assure you Navasota's defense is no punk either. Stangs will have a tough time scoring on them. Probably the best D that WOS has faced.

WOS defense will be the best Navasota has seen all year. They are fast and fly to the ball. The rattlers run game will be limited by the Stang D. [b]Fortunately for them, they pass more than run.[/b] 
With that being said,  WOS has enough athletes to pull off the upset...but they will need to force a few turnovers and play very well on offense to win. Will be interesting to see Nav O vs WOS D. They will represent 21-3a well.

From an unbiased opinion on what I have seen..
Its close through two quarters, then the Rattlers pull away in the 2nd half.

Navasota 38
WOS 14
[/quote]

I wonder how well of a passer he is layin on his back? Cause that's what will happen if he doesn't get the ball off quick. He's not gonna have time to go deep and with the speed of WOS and those little bubble passes won't cut it..

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1348423" timestamp="1354567300"]
Ok fun guy Mrump1 after Friday your team Stats want matter anyway.
[/quote]
Only stats that matters is the score board on friday night and I have no idea what it will say. I not as pyschic as some on here I am just pyschotic.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1348406" timestamp="1354565640"]
[quote author=mreed link=topic=106949.msg1348400#msg1348400 date=1354565042]
cbmurphy...when 4 out of the 5 teams in your district are at 500 or lower that is considered a joke of a district. Note, I said WOS district is not much better.
[/quote]

I didn't disagree that the district was a joke.  I was just pointing out that Lorena would be right their with the rest of them in our district.  My point is that their offense didn't do to much against our district opponents.  I agree with you about both districts being over matched by both of these teams.  We see what we did to Jasper.  My only issue was with you calling Lorena a great offense.
[/quote]

5 of the teams WOS shut out had 3 wins or less... still impressive but c'mon.  JOKE

[quote name="MrUmp1" post="1348428" timestamp="1354567484"]
[quote author=Cover 2 Wild Rattler link=topic=106949.msg1348423#msg1348423 date=1354567300]
Ok fun guy Mrump1 after Friday your team Stats want matter anyway.
[/quote]
Only stats that matters is the score board on friday night and I have no idea what it will say. I not as pyschic as some on here I am just pyschotic.
[/quote]

Totally agree, not that you are psychotic, but you can throw all the defensive and offensive stats out the window.  It's going to come down to execution and mistakes.

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1348478" timestamp="1354572620"]
Wo-s played teams that were jokes too so please don't use that one bud. I'm telling u guys now our offense is going pick y'all's defense apart. Our head coach brother is the head coach for North Carolina Tarheels and I know y'all's D what be able to stop us.
[/quote]

Dude.....really?? Every post you have made from your first, I have been losing a little more credability about you. Now? NONE! LOL Well, my dog groomers, aunts, sisters, uncle in law's lawyers, son was a waterboy for the Calgary Stampede. And you KNOW how big those CFL fields are!!So that right there tells me how bad a whoopin 'dem Rats will get. Lol..come on...

Wo-s played teams that were jokes too so please don't use that one bud. I'm telling u guys now our offense is going pick y'all's defense apart. Our head coach brother is the head coach for North Carolina Tarheels and I know y'all's D what be able to stop us.
[/quote]And I know the brother of a friends uncle that had a grandson that coached the superbowl champs more than once! HUH! ::)

Wo-s played teams that were jokes too so please don't use that one bud. I'm telling u guys now our offense is going pick y'all's defense apart. [b]Our head coach brother is the head coach for North Carolina Tarheels and I know y'all's D what be able to stop us.[/b][/quote]

Wow, that must be awkward at Thanksgiving!!  "Hey...been busy preparing for Maryland....good luck against Hooterville"

[quote name="mreed" post="1348305" timestamp="1354557463"]
You guys are killing me in here. Just thought I would chime in on this matter too. Yes, I am a WOS fan. Which team will win...depends! Navasota...your only test has come in the playoffs, to LM. Your district is a joke (WOS is only slightly better, I admit), everybody beating everybody...except Navasota (undefeated). Two teams at 3-3 and two teams at 1-3 and you pound them into the ground to make it look like your offense is "outstanding". Nobody is fooled by this. You can run the ball but it is hard to tell how good your running game is...you have not been tested by a good defense. Lorena had a good offense, considered one of the best in 3A...they didn't fair so well. Navasota's game plan is throwing the ball...look at all of the game stats and you can't argue with this statement. Now, you essentially have two receivers (Collins and McGinty). If these two guys have a good night (not a very good, just good) it will spell trouble for the Mustangs. The secondary is and always has been the weakest link in this defense. Gotta go, can't finish post...sorry.
[/quote]

Stupid post....But since you want to play the score game... Here ya go!

Let's see here...

[b]Navasota 36 Coldspring 8 / Navasota 31 LaMarque 20[/b] *Coldspring 27 LaMarque 21 *LaMarque 35-Coldspring 21

[b]Navasota 41- Fairfield 7 [/b] * Lorena 42 Fairfield 39 *Madisonville 24- Lorena 18

Navasota 38 Madisonville 0

[b]Navasota 43- Rockdale 0[/b] *Lorena 36 Rockdale 22 (Lorena came back in the 4th Q to win)

[b]Navasota 52-Taylor 0 [/b]  * Gatesville (13-0) 35 Taylor 14 * Taylor 17 La Vega 14 *Carthage 56 Taylor 21 * Carthage 50 Silsbee 21

[b]Navasota 66 China Spring 16[/b] *Glen Rose 35- China 28  *Alvarado 28 China 14 /  Stephenville 48 Glen Rose 30  Stephenville 32 Alvarado 20

[b]Navasota 59 Jasper 14 [/b] *WOS 17-Jasper 7  * Carthage 49 Jasper 31

WOS 20 West Columbia 10 *La Marque 48-West Columbia 0  * (2A) Hempstead 32-West Columbia 17

[quote name="skipper" post="1348508" timestamp="1354575027"]
this one cat says navasota ave 154 yards rushing the football  WOW this is going to be fun to watch
[/quote]

Navasota is actually averaging 152 on the ground before the La Marque game.  I am not sure what yardage they had against La Marque, but it was the first game of the year they were about 50/50 run/pass. 

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1348520" timestamp="1354576345"]
[quote author=mreed link=topic=106949.msg1348305#msg1348305 date=1354557463]
You guys are killing me in here. Just thought I would chime in on this matter too. Yes, I am a WOS fan. Which team will win...depends! Navasota...your only test has come in the playoffs, to LM. Your district is a joke (WOS is only slightly better, I admit), everybody beating everybody...except Navasota (undefeated). Two teams at 3-3 and two teams at 1-3 and you pound them into the ground to make it look like your offense is "outstanding". Nobody is fooled by this. You can run the ball but it is hard to tell how good your running game is...you have not been tested by a good defense. Lorena had a good offense, considered one of the best in 3A...they didn't fair so well. Navasota's game plan is throwing the ball...look at all of the game stats and you can't argue with this statement. Now, you essentially have two receivers (Collins and McGinty). If these two guys have a good night (not a very good, just good) it will spell trouble for the Mustangs. The secondary is and always has been the weakest link in this defense. Gotta go, can't finish post...sorry.
[/quote]

Stupid post....But since you want to play the score game... Here ya go!

Let's see here...

[b]Navasota 36 Coldspring 8 / Navasota 31 LaMarque 20[/b] *Coldspring 27 LaMarque 21 *LaMarque 35-Coldspring 21

[b]Navasota 41- Fairfield 7 [/b] * Lorena 42 Fairfield 39 *Madisonville 24- Lorena 18

Navasota 38 Madisonville 0

[b]Navasota 43- Rockdale 0[/b] *Lorena 36 Rockdale 22 (Lorena came back in the 4th Q to win)

[b]Navasota 52-Taylor 0 [/b]  * Gatesville (13-0) 35 Taylor 14 * Taylor 17 La Vega 14 *Carthage 56 Taylor 21 * Carthage 50 Silsbee 21

[b]Navasota 66 China Spring 16[/b] *Glen Rose 35- China 28  *Alvarado 28 China 14 /  Stephenville 48 Glen Rose 30  Stephenville 32 Alvarado 20

[b]Navasota 59 Jasper 14 [/b] *WOS 17-Jasper 7  * Carthage 49 Jasper 31

WOS 20 West Columbia 10 *La Marque 48-West Columbia 0  * (2A) Hempstead 32-West Columbia 17
[/quote]

Lol!!! They only beat Jasper by 10???

[quote name="griff" post="1348536" timestamp="1354578752"]
[quote author=Rattler12 link=topic=106949.msg1348519#msg1348519 date=1354576278]
Everybody underestimates Navasota and everytime they come out on top...Nuff said
Navasota-42
WOS-14
[/quote]

Rattler 12, are you #12 on the current Navasota roster?
[/quote]

No sir I am not

[quote name="griff" post="1348536" timestamp="1354578752"]
[quote author=Rattler12 link=topic=106949.msg1348519#msg1348519 date=1354576278]
Everybody underestimates Navasota and everytime they come out on top...Nuff said
Navasota-42
WOS-14
[/quote]

Rattler 12, are you #12 on the current Navasota roster?

[/quote]

I would hope the legendary receiver would be practicing and not posting...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317