West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

I will say that this unit is unbelievable. 9 goose eggs in 13 outings? WOW!
I'll be at Turner (although I've witnessed some tough moments in that venue) pulling on the 'Stangs.

It's anybody's game. Whichever team makes the least mistakes will win. Not only does this include turnovers but penalties, missed blocks, missed tackles, blown assignments, etc.

People on here always hating on the Mustang fans about living in the past, but you know what....it's nice to know that there is a legacy and a heritage that is unparalleled in this area.

Go 'Stangs!

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1348093" timestamp="1354509422"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106949.msg1347986#msg1347986 date=1354504156]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=106949.msg1347973#msg1347973 date=1354503656]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=106949.msg1347895#msg1347895 date=1354498140]
I would hate to think 8 shutouts would be for naught on this yrs Stang season.For that reason I've got WOS in the title game just as soon as they knock off Navasota.WOS 21-Navasota 17
[/quote]

9 shutouts this season. ;D
[/quote] ok, i thought it was 8. Daingerfield has the record with 10 right back in '83?
[/quote]

According to  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daingerfield_High_School 
The record is 14

"The 1983 team was among the most dominant in Texas history. The team scored 631 points while allowing only 8 the entire season (a touchdown to then Class 4A Carthage and a safety to Kilgore). Of the 16 games won (the first Texas high school to win 16 games in a season), 14 were shutouts including the final 13 (the final seven of the regular season and all six playoff games, the only team in Texas high school football history to accomplish the latter feat)."

Wow, that is awesome.
[/quote] Yikes, that record might stay intact for awhile longer lol  ;D

[quote name="redbirdsrock" post="1348289" timestamp="1354556059"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=106949.msg1348194#msg1348194 date=1354546244]
Well finaly caught up to page 17.WO-S defense will have to come through one more time and keep the score low.We will not win in a shoot out with the rattlers imo.If we give up big plays early and are down by a couple of scores it will be hard to keep our focus.Seen us go into big games before riding on our defense and that hasn't turned out to well for us in the past.But I'm still optimistic because [color=blue][b]this years defense is by far the best I have seen at WO-S.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Let's not get carried away.......there are some 4A and 5A defenses that might diasgree......... ;)
[/quote]

Reread what you highlighted redbird.You clearly misread.

You guys are killing me in here. Just thought I would chime in on this matter too. Yes, I am a WOS fan. Which team will win...depends! Navasota...your only test has come in the playoffs, to LM. Your district is a joke (WOS is only slightly better, I admit), everybody beating everybody...except Navasota (undefeated). Two teams at 3-3 and two teams at 1-3 and you pound them into the ground to make it look like your offense is "outstanding". Nobody is fooled by this. You can run the ball but it is hard to tell how good your running game is...you have not been tested by a good defense. Lorena had a good offense, considered one of the best in 3A...they didn't fair so well. Navasota's game plan is throwing the ball...look at all of the game stats and you can't argue with this statement. Now, you essentially have two receivers (Collins and McGinty). If these two guys have a good night (not a very good, just good) it will spell trouble for the Mustangs. The secondary is and always has been the weakest link in this defense. Gotta go, can't finish post...sorry.

What a great match-up... I've seen both teams plays and I am sure that WOS will have trouble against Navasota's Defense... You can throw LaMarque's 20 out of the window... The game was WELL in hand.

The Match Up will be the WOS D vs Navasota O... and I have to give the edge to Navasota... They have a lot more AND better coached athletes than Silbsee (who scored 14)...

I think LaMarque vs. WOS would be a better game than Navasota vs. WOS... Rattlers 28-WOS 14

[quote name="mreed" post="1348310" timestamp="1354557699"]
The best defense you've seen at WOS?!?! You're kidding me! The '97 and '98 defenses were the best...you're arguement is invalide.
[/quote]

maybe he didn't see them.....

Who cares? Be excited about what you've got this year and help the boys get it done against Navasota! 8)

navasota must find away to keep the LB from wo-s out of the backfield.(IF) wo-s can find away to slow up the pass thay just might pull this one out if not going to be a long night. we mustang fan know you have a super football team we all will agree on this and the coaching staff at wo-s will haft to work overtime i do belive this. the game tape from the lm and navasota game will be at each coaches  house all this week belive me when i say this.i am one that dose not like to look in the pass what good dose it do. alot of people on 3a down low said that LM made stupid mistakes that cost them the game not sure this is true are not but what has been put on here it sounds like LM shot themself in the foot  LM fans said if thay would have play LM football thay would be playing friday. any team no matter how good you are can be beat just ask nederland

[quote name="mreed" post="1348310" timestamp="1354557699"]
The best defense you've seen at WOS?!?! You're kidding me! The '97 and '98 defenses were the best...you're arguement is invalide.
[/quote]

Don't get your panties in a wad mreed.It's not a argument,It's my opinion.Geeze.

hah, my panties are fine...just saying, you bunch of touchy cupcakes. The 2000 team was very good, good enough to mak it to state! BUT, we all know the best teams do not always win. Take the Dawson vs. Nederland game...Dawson has been all year and still is the overall better team. They weren't this past Friday as the Bullodogs inched past them. I have and always will support my WOS Mustangs...no matter where I live!

Well after reading 18 pages I now have a crick in my neck. Navasota has a #1 ranking, so obviously they are damn good on the offensive side of the ball. Sounds like they have a good defense too! But one thing is for sure WOS ain't no pushover on the defensive side of the ball. No way they shut out Navasota, and their fans know this. Watched nederland just flatout whip up on #1 PD and the refs. I'm not counting out WOS upsetting thed Rattlers, it could very well happen. I have not seen the Rattlers play so I'm not gonna disrespect them, they wouldn't be where they are if they weren't. That was the first time I have gotten to see PD and let me tell you I wasn't impressed with their offense at all. The Rattlers shouldn't take WOS likely, could be their downfall.  I expect a great game between too very very good teams. Its a shame one will be done after this week. I don't put no. Stock in state rankings, lol all that does is boost egos, looking for a war this Friday, good luck to both teams from this PNG fan, hope no one gets hurt.

[quote name="mreed" post="1348305" timestamp="1354557463"]
You guys are killing me in here. Just thought I would chime in on this matter too. Yes, I am a WOS fan. Which team will win...depends! Navasota...your only test has come in the playoffs, to LM. Your district is a joke (WOS is only slightly better, I admit), everybody beating everybody...except Navasota (undefeated). Two teams at 3-3 and two teams at 1-3 and you pound them into the ground to make it look like your offense is "outstanding". Nobody is fooled by this. You can run the ball but it is hard to tell how good your running game is...you have not been tested by a good defense. Lorena had a good offense, considered one of the best in 3A...they didn't fair so well. Navasota's game plan is throwing the ball...look at all of the game stats and you can't argue with this statement. Now, you essentially have two receivers (Collins and McGinty). If these two guys have a good night (not a very good, just good) it will spell trouble for the Mustangs. The secondary is and always has been the weakest link in this defense. Gotta go, can't finish post...sorry.
[/quote]

Lorena is not that good of an offense.  You make comments that our district is a joke, but Lorena lost to Madisonville and barely beat Rockdale in the playoffs (both belong to our district).  Lorena would only be middle of the pack in our joke of a district.  This game is going to be fun and can't wait for Friday.  Yes Navasota likes to pass the ball around, but also average over 150 yards a game on the ground. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-orange-stark-mustangs-(orange,tx)/football/schedule.htm
At this website you can view the teams schedule and stats. View box score for details . Nobody has posted any stats for WOS but Navasota has stats for everygame.

[quote name="mreed" post="1348397" timestamp="1354564886"]
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-orange-stark-mustangs-(orange,tx)/football/schedule.htm
At this website you can view the teams schedule and stats. View box score for details . Nobody has posted any stats for WOS but Navasota has stats for everygame.
[/quote] maxpreps is probably the least credible site for what you're looking for. its sorta like the Houston Comical.

[quote name="mreed" post="1348400" timestamp="1354565042"]
cbmurphy...when 4 out of the 5 teams in your district are at 500 or lower that is considered a joke of a district. Note, I said WOS district is not much better.
[/quote]

I didn't disagree that the district was a joke.  I was just pointing out that Lorena would be right their with the rest of them in our district.  My point is that their offense didn't do to much against our district opponents.  I agree with you about both districts being over matched by both of these teams.  We see what we did to Jasper.  My only issue was with you calling Lorena a great offense. 

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1348410" timestamp="1354566419"]
Maxpreps is not actual just like y'all's QB's arm I just watched film on him.
[/quote]
Then you dont need any stats..... besides that you would need a computer to understand all the stats I could give you on both teams!  Go to www.givemeabenjamin.com for WOS stats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317