West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1347368" timestamp="1354420017"]
[quote author=Donald Duck link=topic=106949.msg1347351#msg1347351 date=1354418627]
WO-S simple hasnt been tested. for thier non district games they played a bunch of over rated four A teams that think theyre good bc they beat up on each other. If any of those teams would step out of SETX to play games in the preseason they would get a taste of what football really is. then they play in a very weak district. Then have had a cake walk through the playoffs. The only quality team they have played is Jasper. But they played them early in the year so thats not the same Jasper team that navasota drummed.
[/quote]Just saying this will be a good game between two great teams.  Aint coming on here dogging out Navasota, dont need to.  Dont know what pond your swimming in but you need to check the water.  I promise you WO-S is not ashamed of their schedule.  You need to find a stump to fit your rump and sit, watch and enjoy.  Good luck.
[/quote]
Along with a lot of WO-S fans i think i might move my stump when the game is out of hand in the first quarter to Lamar to watch that game.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

navasota if your going to talk the talk your going to haft to walk the walk .let me do this the easy way  navasota your a good team  wo-s your a good team all these posters from navasota  make your team sound like thay walk on water. all this talk dont mean anything  the game is won on the field not on here i get a big laff at some of this stuff

LM scored 28 points against Columbia on defense in the 3rd qtr. Their offense scored 20 after the game was out of hand and the score was misleading. LM was one dimensional, WOS will not be.

And it don't matter who scored what against who. This will be about how WOS and Navasota match up against one another.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1347400" timestamp="1354421617"]
LM scored 28 points against Columbia on defense in the 3rd qtr. Their offense scored 20 after the game was out of hand and the score was misleading. [b]LM was one dimensional, WOS will not be. [/b]

And it don't matter who scored what against who. This will be about how WOS and Navasota match up against one another.
[/quote]

finally a WOS fan says something reasonable. WOS will not be one dimensional. They wont be able to run or pass on Navasota.

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347407" timestamp="1354421857"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=106949.msg1347400#msg1347400 date=1354421617]
LM scored 28 points against Columbia on defense in the 3rd qtr. Their offense scored 20 after the game was out of hand and the score was misleading. [b]LM was one dimensional, WOS will not be. [/b]

[/quote]

finally a WOS fan says something reasonable. WOS will not be one dimensional. They wont be able to run or pass on Navasota.
[/quote]So that means there wont be any points scored in this game then.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1347415" timestamp="1354422225"]
[quote author=Donald Duck link=topic=106949.msg1347407#msg1347407 date=1354421857]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=106949.msg1347400#msg1347400 date=1354421617]

[/quote]

[/quote]So that means there wont be any points scored in this game then.
[/quote]

Dont worry Navasota will do plenty of scoring

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1347440" timestamp="1354423169"]
I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood.  I'm talking about this week coming up.
[/quote]
Same here. Navasota catches a break after having to play La Marque. Something needs to be done to balance out the bracket. doesnt seem right to have Navasota LM and Coldspring on the bottom half of the region three bracket when WOS pretty much gets handed 3 byes

Donald Duck is on QUACK. So Navasota only scored 31 against poor LaMarque because the coach let them when they have been scoring in the 40-50 range against everyone else..Doubtful. Did the Navasota coaches feel sorry enough for LaMarque to LET them score 20. Doubtful. Will Navasota score as many as they want to against us hapless Mustangs..NO WAY.

If you want to bring the Jasper game into this equation, we didn't HAVE to beat Jasper or West Columbia by 30 or 40 points, we only had to BEAT them. We don't have to run an offense to put up 40 points a game. However, that doesn't mean that we can't. We prefer ball control. We will move the ball, we will score. Why do you think that we moved away from an offense like you run? Certainly not because we lacked speed or skills to run it. It usually catches up to you in the playoffs because most teams have to run the ball sooner or later or have a bad weather game. Go ahead and think you have it made, it may be hard to swallow anything with a crow jammed down your beak.

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347447" timestamp="1354423739"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=106949.msg1347440#msg1347440 date=1354423169]
[/quote]
Same here. Navasota catches a break after having to play La Marque. Something needs to be done to balance out the bracket. doesnt seem right to have Navasota LM and Coldspring on the bottom half of the region three bracket when WOS pretty much gets handed 3 byes
[/quote]
Just be glad Navasota is floating in DII this year ,

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1347179" timestamp="1354408168"]
I've read alot on comparing defense and offense of both teams but the bottom line to me at least is both of these teams are pretty close talent wise which boils down to execution.  Whoever executes wins this game.  WO-S cannot afford the luxury of drive stopping penalties and win this game as they have some games in the past.  And dont make the mistake of downplaying the WO-S offense, these guys can get it done they just haven't really had to, but it is there.  Also is there anyone out there been around long enough to maybe compare Navasota offense to say the Ennis offense of 2000?  Just asking.
[/quote]

I think the Ennis Qb was not near as quick and probably not as good of an arm. That was a game in which they were basically shut down after halftime but the damage had already been done. We almost come back to win that game. Receiver wise I think Navasota is probably bigger and faster. I would think the line play would favor Ennis (they were huge up front if I remember correctly). Overall, I think Navasota is much more explosive than Ennis back then.

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347351" timestamp="1354418627"]
WO-S simple hasnt been tested. for thier non district games they played a bunch of over rated four A teams that think theyre good bc they beat up on each other. If any of those teams would step out of SETX to play games in the preseason they would get a taste of what football really is. then they play in a very weak district. Then have had a cake walk through the playoffs. The only quality team they have played is Jasper. But they played them early in the year so thats not the same Jasper team that navasota drummed.
[/quote]I do believe one of those overrated SETX 4A team just knocked out #1 Ranked Pearland Dawson last night. The Golden Triangle has been wooping up on Houston area teams for many many years. I have yet to see a rattesnake kill a mustang, they tyipically get stomped !!! If they are anywhere near the Ennis 2000 squad , then it'll be a whale of a game.

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347447" timestamp="1354423739"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=106949.msg1347440#msg1347440 date=1354423169]
[/quote]
[/quote]I beg to differ, they were not three byes.  Cleveland was simply overmatched.  Columbia and Lorena had good ball clubs and the "Stangs did what they had to do to advance.  You can juggle the numbers all you want, I don't care who beat who by how many or when or why, these were good ball clubs.  These so called "bye" teams you're talking about ought not take kindly to this disrespect.

Truth hurts, Reality bites and will settle in a week or so for the WOS following...

I will leave it at that. 

All year, Navasota hasn't played anyone... Navasota only passes... Navasota, this and Navasota that..  Navasota will lose to La Marque... La Marque will whip the floor with Navasota... La Marque 36 Navasota 21....  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..etc...  Navasota goes up 24-6 on La Marque in the 3rd and chose to RUN.  Yes, RUN.  Navasota will be, I repeat, Navasota will be the best team that the Mustangs have seen.  I am not going to predict a blowout but Navasota will win and will do so convincingly.  And, there's no need to go back and forth all week...  We will make a believer out of WOS and the rest of the Golden Triangle. 

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1347502" timestamp="1354427252"]
Truth hurts, Reality bites and will settle in a week or so for the WOS following...

I will leave it at that. 

All year, Navasota hasn't played anyone... Navasota only passes... Navasota, this and Navasota that..  Navasota will lose to La Marque... La Marque will whip the floor with Navasota... La Marque 36 Navasota 21....  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..etc...  Navasota goes up 24-6 on La Marque in the 3rd and chose to RUN.  Yes, RUN.  Navasota will be, I repeat, Navasota will be the best team that the Mustangs have seen.  I am not going to predict a blowout but Navasota will win and will do so convincingly.  And, there's no need to go back and forth all week...  We will make a believer out of WOS and the rest of the Golden Triangle.
[/quote]

Umm...Mr. Rattler...the same can be said about some of your Navasota followers.  Just scroll up and you'll see Cover 2's prediction of a blowout.  He's been popping off like that for two weeks.  As for BADSANTA, he's not from WO-S.  I believe he's a Silsbee person.  Most WO-S followers know about Navasota's success and potential.  You're always going to have a few outrageous prognosticators on a public message board like this one.  It seems you're only going to be satisfied if everyone just agrees with you that Navasota is going to win this game.  Sorry...but we're in this to win it, and you're team is in for a challenge.  If that bothers you, get over it.  If you win, we'll congratulate you.  If you lose...well...we'll see.   

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1346818" timestamp="1354387421"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106949.msg1346801#msg1346801 date=1354385873]
this is what i am looking at in this game #1 navasota will try  to strike in a hurry maybe by the bomb are screen who knowsJMO and  make wo-s  try and play catch up .the coaching staff at navasota will work most all week on the quick passing  over the middle to keep the LBs  from the mustangs off there QB.IMO only the kids from wo-s (MUST) play smart football  . you tell me what  thay are going to try to do
[/quote]

Agree with you Skip, would not be surprised to see them go deep first series. I think they are the kinda team that goes short then sets you up for the long bomb. I think they will run a lot of short outs, bubble screens, etc. to try to get our LBs back in coverage (and away from blitzing) and then try to run on us. I see them playing a little closer to the vest in this game (at first at least) and probably trying to run the ball more than usual. The very little tape I have seen on them they don't seem to want to go over the middle so much, I think they prefer outside stuff. It should be game of the year in 3A. IF we can match up man to man with our secondary and let out LB's apply heat to the QB we will win. IF we can't it probably swings the tide against us. Just the way I see it.
[/quote]

Ask La Marque how we beat them...  I am not sure were all this long bombs...scoring quickly, etc comes from... Any reasonable, right minded being will take what is given to them.. If the deep post is open, well, take it...  Or the screen, or the draw.. You get my point..  Fedora and crew will know exactly will work or what they believe will work against any team that they will face.... 

[quote name="griff" post="1347509" timestamp="1354428218"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106949.msg1347502#msg1347502 date=1354427252]

I will leave it at that. 

[/quote]

Umm...Mr. Rattler...the same can be said about some of your Navasota followers.  Just scroll up and you'll see Cover 2's prediction of a blowout.  He's been popping off like that for two weeks.  As for BADSANTA, he's not from WO-S.  I believe he's a Silsbee person.  Most WO-S followers know about Navasota's success and potential.  You're always going to have a few outrageous prognosticators on a public message board like this one.  It seems you're only going to be satisfied if everyone just agrees with you that Navasota is going to win this game.  Sorry...but we're in this to win it, and you're team is in for a challenge.  If that bothers you, get over it.  If you win, we'll congratulate you.  If you lose...well...we'll see. 
[/quote]

I wouldn't want every one to agree with me.  That's not normal.  As I stated, we will make a believer out of WOS which is different from saying that I want everyone to agree with me... 

Just wait and see, Griff.

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1347504" timestamp="1354427453"]
Wo-s is all y'all talk about is comparing old teams y'all got beat by like Ennis. Y'all talk about the past a lot on here please get to the future soon. Are just watch y'all get blowout this week by Navasota so you guys have something else to talk about.
[/quote]I brought up Ennis because those guys were awesome and whupped up on us, just wanted to see how they compared.  If that bothers you rattle your hocks and be somewhere else. You talk like a man with a wooden neck.  I aint making no bold predictions like some folk. Its not every week we get to play a collegiate team.  This game should be close, if it aint, it aint.

Let's be honest neither team has played anyone close to as good as our competition will be this week. Lamarque was an athletic team but over rated in my book. Coldsprings actually sucked in my book. We shut out LCM. And coldsprings gave up 35 to them so not empressed with navasota or lamarque beating them. And I know wos hasn't faced a team as good as navasota on either side of the ball. But I believe our corners can match up with their receivers man to man and our pass rush will have their qb on the move most of the night. Navasota will turn the ball over in this game believe it or not and the stangs will capitalize like always. Will be a great game!!!!! Like I predicted earlier...
Stangs-21
Rattlers-17

[quote name="MMstangfan" post="1347480" timestamp="1354425653"]
[quote author=Donald Duck link=topic=106949.msg1347351#msg1347351 date=1354418627]
[/quote]I do believe one of those overrated SETX 4A team just knocked out #1 Ranked Pearland Dawson last night. The Golden Triangle has been wooping up on Houston area teams for many many years. I have yet to see a rattesnake kill a mustang, they tyipically get stomped !!! If they are anywhere near the Ennis 2000 squad , then it'll be a whale of a game.
[/quote]

http://panews.com/sports/x1144044865/West-Orange-Starks-big-plays-down-Nederland-in-scrimmage

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................  ::) And yes i understand it was a scrimmage..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder