**NEDERLAND vs. O.P. WALKER Broadcast thread**/Nederland wins 56-52

In the last game of today's BISD/YMBL opening round action here at McDonald Gym will have Nederland taking on O.P. Walker of New Orleans.

Tip off is scheduled for 8pm and our broadcast of this game will start 5 minutes prior to tip.

Click the link below to listen to the play-by-play:

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/Playoffs/Silsbee.htm

**ATTENTION!!!! IMPORTANT INFO ON LINK**:

**Even though the link will be titled Silsbee vs. Carthage football playoff, this is the link that will be used for all the BISD/YMBL broadcasts**

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1345087" timestamp="1354290349"]
BD3 does " BEST" mean toughest or easiest to win bracket? Please elaborate.  :D
[/quote]He's saying it bc a local team (either Silsbee, Ned, PAM, or Central) from the 'Top bracket' is guaranteed to make the Finals. He doesn't believe teams from around here are as good as Houston, FB, NO, although our local team's beat these out-of-towners just yesterday! :D

The bottom bracket is 'tougher' since DALLAS Madison and HOUSTON North Shore are still 'alive' in the 'bottom bracket'.

Maybe BD3 overrated these teams or Maybe our area is getting better BD3? You even said 2 days ago that Wheatley is on a roll, and you picked them to win (as did I and many others). Again, my point being that I believe our area has improved over the past 3 years. SETX schools are now competing better with (and beating) non-local teams...

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1345096" timestamp="1354291237"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=106913.msg1345087#msg1345087 date=1354290349]
[/quote]He's saying it bc a local team (either Silsbee, Ned, PAM, or Central) from the 'Top bracket' is guaranteed to make the Finals. He doesn't believe teams from around here are as good as Houston, FB, NO, although our local team's beat these out-of-towners just yesterday! :D

The bottom bracket is 'tougher' since DALLAS Madison and HOUSTON North Shore are still 'alive' in the 'bottom bracket'.

Maybe BD3 overrated these teams or Maybe our area is getting better BD3? You even said 2 days ago that Wheatley is on a roll, and you picked them to win (as did I and many others). Again, my point being that I believe our area has improved over the past 3 years. SETX schools are now competing better with (and beating) non-local teams...
[/quote] I cheer for S.E.Texas schools because my Houston friends are as cocky as I am about their basketball. I do want others to know the kids can play in this area. There are three good local teams in the top half of the bracket. So a local will definitely make it from there. The bottom half? Well I dunno.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1345186" timestamp="1354300806"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106913.msg1345096#msg1345096 date=1354291237]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=106913.msg1345087#msg1345087 date=1354290349]

[/quote] I cheer for S.E.Texas schools because my Houston friends are as cocky as I am about their basketball. I do want others to know the kids can play in this area. There are three good local teams in the top half of the bracket. So a local will definitely make it from there. The bottom half? Well I dunno.
[/quote]

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1345186" timestamp="1354300806"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106913.msg1345096#msg1345096 date=1354291237]

[/quote]Gotcha!  ;)

[size=18pt]NEDERLAND[/size]  Let me give yall a little shine cause yall was fading early in the week  ;D
[color=green][/color]

[color=green][size=14pt]
20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/size][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member