**BISD/YMBL TOURNEY SCORE UPDATES**

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1346081" timestamp="1354334196"]
OMG how in the heck Ozen lose to WB please remove Savaet of his duties smh
[/quote] um, West Brook is actually good this year...and besides, Ozen have already beaten West Brook this year, so it was a return of favor, so to speak.    I don't think that's grounds for fireing the coach...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1346081" timestamp="1354334196"]
OMG how in the heck Ozen lose to WB please remove Savaet of his duties smh
[/quote]
Ozensfinest, anybody who has read my posts knows I've expressed my opinion numerous times. We will be fine. Saveat is still trying to figure out his line up and rotations, which will be adjusted again once all our injured guys come back. This was a tournament while I don't like being on the losing end, give him time to figure it out and get it right for district when it counts. I expect great things from this group, Jakobi is going to have to step up and keep his head in it and set an example for the "babies" (as they've been referred to).

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I'm gonna go a step further...I'm sick and tired of ppl saying fire Coach Saveat...what is he guilty of WINNING....most ppl are worried about district championships..At Ozen they wanna win state..that's goals....idk what u consider building a program but I think hes done just fine..they've lost by one point each of the years that they've been in semis and regionals..and that was with disfunctional teams...but I don't hear the ppl in Nederland say fire Coach English when he loses... Respect the man and what he's done not just for basketball but for what he's trying to do for the kids...but it's impossible every time somebody doesn't like what he does they say fire him...some ppls perception of what basketball is get diluted with wanting to win so dang on bad...u ever think about what he has to deal with on a daily basis with some parents who could care less about their child's education only because they know he can play ball...nah of course not just fire him for wanting what's best for the kids...but what's worse and i hate to make this an issue but if he were white u wouldn't even question him... Start supporting the coaches instead of tryna tear em down..smdh...

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1346347" timestamp="1354343855"]
I'm gonna go a step further...I'm sick and tired of ppl saying fire Coach Saveat...what is he guilty of WINNING....most ppl are worried about district championships..At Ozen they wanna win state..that's goals....idk what u consider building a program but I think hes done just fine..they've lost by one point each of the years that they've been in semis and regionals..and that was with disfunctional teams...[b]but I don't hear the ppl in Nederland say fire Coach English when he loses[/b]... Respect the man and what he's done not just for basketball but for what he's trying to do for the kids...but it's impossible every time somebody doesn't like what he does they say fire him...some ppls perception of what basketball is get diluted with wanting to win so dang on bad...u ever think about what he has to deal with on a daily basis with some parents who could care less about their child's education only because they know he can play ball...nah of course not just fire him for wanting what's best for the kids...but what's worse and i hate to make this an issue but if he were white u wouldn't even question him... Start supporting the coaches instead of tryna tear em down..smdh...
[/quote]

i agree with you.
I have found Most Nederland fans are reasonable and let the coach COACH.  And most Beaumont Fans (not all) are not reasonable and try to coach from the stands(i see it and hear it all the time). The fans think they know whats best and how to coach....its easy for them to sit in the stands and holler or sit in from of computer and write like they know basketball.....yall just look and sound ignorant.  I hear fans talking bad about coaches and the decisions they make....just shut up and enjoy the game.

I agree as well, we tend to sit in the stands and cast judgment ,criticize  ,but I don't recall this forum blowing up with praise for the coach when they made it deep I into playoffs last year.How about we let players-play, coaches-coach, and spectators-spectate.It's not how you start ,but how you finish that defines a person.

Games scheduled for today, Sat. Dec. 1:

Championship semifinal

Nederland vs. Beaumont Central                    9:30am

Dallas Madison vs. Beaumont West Brook        11am

Consolation semifinal

OP Walker vs. Houston Wheatley                    8am

Fort Bend Hightower vs. Lufkin                        8am

Consolation extra games

Little Cypress Mauriceville vs. Fort Bend Ridge Point      9:30am

Port Neches-Groves vs. West Orange-Stark                  11am

Silsbee vs. Port Arthur Memorial                                12:30pm

North Shore vs. Beaumont Ozen                                  2pm

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1346347" timestamp="1354343855"]
I'm gonna go a step further...I'm sick and tired of ppl saying fire Coach Saveat...what is he guilty of WINNING....most ppl are worried about district championships..At Ozen they wanna win state..that's goals....idk what u consider building a program but I think hes done just fine..they've lost by one point each of the years that they've been in semis and regionals..and that was with disfunctional teams...but I don't hear the ppl in Nederland say fire Coach English when he loses... Respect the man and what he's done not just for basketball but for what he's trying to do for the kids...but it's impossible every time somebody doesn't like what he does they say fire him...some ppls perception of what basketball is get diluted with wanting to win so dang on bad...u ever think about what he has to deal with on a daily basis with some parents who could care less about their child's education only because they know he can play ball...nah of course not just fire him for wanting what's best for the kids...but what's worse and i hate to make this an issue but if he were white u wouldn't even question him... Start supporting the coaches instead of tryna tear em down..smdh...
[/quote]Great Post (again)! It's ONE game in a tourney. No big deal, move on. Ozen will be fine.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1346567" timestamp="1354375860"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1346347#msg1346347 date=1354343855]
[/quote]Great Post (again)! It's ONE game in a tourney. No big deal, move on. Ozen will be fine.
[/quote] Abe and Flight keeping it real

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1346574" timestamp="1354376695"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106883.msg1346567#msg1346567 date=1354375860]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1346347#msg1346347 date=1354343855]
[/quote] Abe and Flight keeping it real
[/quote]
Blue, who's the last white head basketball coach at Ozen?

Scores from Friday's action at BISD/YMBL:

OP Walker            64
LCM                    37

H. Wheatley        68
FB Ridge Point      60

FB Hightower        47
PNG                    21

Lufkin                  58
WOS                    43

Nederland            57
Silsbee                54

Central                53