Mart vs San Augustine friday @ 7:30 pm. palestine hs

jlc2010

who wins?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• SA
    • Mart

I said before the season this was the matchup that imo determines who wins rgion 3 in class A div 1. both teams very very fast, big and will hit It will come down to execution. And which defense plays the best. A great team will go home after friday night. I see a very close game.

my pick

SA 27
Mart 23

After seeing both teams I have concluded (and remember these are my opinions based off what I saw from both teams and comparing my views)

Team Speed: Edge SA
Mart has extremely fast skill position players
San Augustine's entire team is extremely fast

Offense: Edge Mart
Mart is VERY disciplined on offense, close to flawless execution and no stupid penalties and very limited turnovers.
San Augustine is really good offensively but they just don't execute as well as Mart and historically speaking SA does not handle adversity as well.  Sorry SA guys it's just the way I see it!

Defense: Edge SA
Mart's defense is good but they don't seem to shut down speedy offenses as well.
SA may have the fastest/quickest to the ball defense I've seen.  I don't know how they do it but they get through the line at lightning speed.  Mart will NOT be able to get to the corners and turn it up field for large gains very easily against this defense, plus SA hits HARD and then hits again and then when you think it's over they hit you again.

Special teams:  Wash
Both teams showed little in the games I watched

Niether team will have faced an opponent this year with as much speed as what they will see in this game.

The old saying "defense wins championships" leads me to believe that SA will come out on top in this contest....

SA 40
Mart 35

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1342943" timestamp="1353967877"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=106781.msg1342940#msg1342940 date=1353967507]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106781.msg1342871#msg1342871 date=1353960837]
52-21 Mart
[/quote]
I see you ,...30points ............lol ,want,happen
[/quote]ok  :P
[/quote]

Yep, you were right,  thanks to that gimme touchdown at the end if the game. It was only a 28 point margin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder