Division III player scores 138 points!!!!

Jack Taylor from Division III Grinnell scored 138 pts tonight on 52-of-108 shooting, 21-of-71 3 pointers, 7-of-10 FT in 36 min.

Grinnell defeated Faith Baptist Bible 179-104.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/grinnell-college-guard-shatters-scoring-record-138-points-035513170--ncaab.html

Grinnell's been at this for years. They're like the old Paul Westhead Loyola Marymount teams, but much more explosive. I could go out tomorrow and shoot alone for an hour and have a hard time scoring half of that. I saw the story and he took 108 shots, 71 of which were threes. He jacked it up every time he touched it. It's an incredible accomplishment nonetheless.

BTW- A kid on the OTHER team scored 70. 

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1338402" timestamp="1353479387"]
Grinnell's been at this for years. They're like the old Paul Westhead Loyola Marymount teams, but much more explosive. I could go out tomorrow and shoot alone for an hour and have a hard time scoring half of that. I saw the story and he took 108 shots, 71 of which were threes. He jacked it up every time he touched it. It's an incredible accomplishment nonetheless.

[/quote]reminds me of the Marble Falls vs Boerne Champion football game, Marble Falls QB breaks the record but BC's QB sets one as well with no recognition lol

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1338410" timestamp="1353480262"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=106596.msg1338402#msg1338402 date=1353479387]

[/quote]reminds me of the Marble Falls vs Boerne Champion football game, Marble Falls QB breaks the record but BC's QB sets one as well with no recognition lol
[/quote]

Nobody ever remembers who lost. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how soemone can get that many shots up in a 40-minute game...

we played them in college a while back.....  they left one under the basket to rebound.../inbound the ball.... two at half court to outlet on o and trap on d... and two on the offensive end....  if they got an offensive rebound, they kicked it out for a 3... they would give up a layupto get the ball back....

they also subbed a fresh 5 every minute.....

we won 150 something to 130 something...... pretty fun game to play in I might add...

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1338412" timestamp="1353483375"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106596.msg1338410#msg1338410 date=1353480262]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=106596.msg1338402#msg1338402 date=1353479387]

[/quote]reminds me of the Marble Falls vs Boerne Champion football game, Marble Falls QB
breaks the record but BC's QB sets one as well with no recognition lol
[/quote]

Nobody ever remembers who lost. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how soemone can get that many shots up in a 40-minute game...
[/quote]
He took a shot every :20 according to ESPN.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1338570" timestamp="1353516463"]
I saw a couple minutes of video. The guy had a double team on him and he still shot the ball. the guy had 3 people on him and he still.......

His dad or a relative  must be the coach.

http://youtu.be/FuheCq4gn6A
[/quote]
That's why i made the remarks i did on the post above. LOL  What we didnt see on the clip is how many times he missed.  I think something was set up for one kid to get that many shot attempts and the other them was also shooting the ball quickly.  Would would think the other team would run a box and one on him and stall the game on the offensive end and take shots with 5 sec or less on the shot clock.  Just think about the kid on the other team who scored 70.. his shooting percents was very high. How many points do you think he would of scored if he shot 108 times?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder