Stay Classy WB-JV

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1335506" timestamp="1353199188"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106447.msg1335467#msg1335467 date=1353197271]
???
[/quote]
He is saying that bc Ned Freshman beat WB JV yesterday, then WB JV beat Ned JV today and they are celebrating (maybe excessively, I don't know).
[/quote]

Exactly... Coach English didnt want the freshman and JV teams to play each other in the championship, so WB (who the NED Frehman beat) played in their spot in the championship.  NED freshman beat OF and finished the tournament 4-0.  Freshman got the third place trophy while WB walked out with the First Place Trophy celebrating like they won the NBA Finals. 

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1335604" timestamp="1353204861"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106447.msg1335506#msg1335506 date=1353199188]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106447.msg1335467#msg1335467 date=1353197271]
???
[/quote]
He is saying that bc Ned Freshman beat WB JV yesterday, then WB JV beat Ned JV today and they are celebrating (maybe excessively, I don't know).
[/quote]

Exactly... Coach English didnt want the freshman and JV teams to play each other in the championship, so WB (who the NED Frehman beat) played in their spot in the championship.  NED freshman beat OF and finished the tournament 4-0.  Freshman got the third place trophy while WB walked out with the First Place Trophy celebrating like they won the NBA Finals.
[/quote] I guess Nederland should be mentioned with as much respect towards basketball. I mean look at what they have accomplished:

[font=comic sans ms]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/font] 8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1335747" timestamp="1353211473"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=106447.msg1335604#msg1335604 date=1353204861]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106447.msg1335506#msg1335506 date=1353199188]
???
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] I guess Nederland should be mentioned with as much respect towards basketball. I mean look at what they have accomplished:

[font=comic sans ms]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/font] 8)

I couldn't agree more. IMO the Westbrook coach missed a great opportunity to show some real class. TBH if i knew i lost to a very good freshman team and was only in the Championship game because Coach E didn't want both his teams playing each other, i would have given the trophy to the Freshman team and took home the 3rd place trophy. " But that's just me" I am curious of others thoughts on this! 

Congrats to Ned Freshman.    The boys have to except their coaches decision not to play their JV, and the WB boys have to except that they lost to a freshman group and got in because of an adult decision .  Can the adults of this forum except it ?  They were excited they won a game, after losing to a freshman group earlier and they are young men. Shall we continue to bash them for an adult decision or be thankful they got to play one more game and work on skills?   

[quote name="mfd814" post="1336026" timestamp="1353250954"]
Congrats to Ned Freshman.    The boys have to except their coaches decision not to play their JV, and the WB boys have to except that they lost to a freshman group and got in because of an adult decision .  Can the adults of this forum except it ?  They were excited they won a game, after losing to a freshman group earlier and they are young men. Shall we continue to bash them for an adult decision or be thankful they got to play one more game and work on skills? 
[/quote]I agree. Too many people think they know more than coaches know what is best for their program. I was not at the Champ game, but you can't blame a group of kids for being excited for winning a game. As long as they were not taunting our boys/fans, im okay with KIDS being excited. Even if Ned Fresh had not forfeited the game, WB JV would have played OF JV for the 3rd place game, so they would have played Saturday regardless.

It appears someone is trying to say how good ned freshmans are they are good and the coach son on that team is good ,English and his dad English is a good coach he was a good coach at Vidor, but what you need to say if you are trying to say how WB jv should act remember KING 8th graders played your now 9th graders and beat them by 40 pts last year when you guys had said that they had never lost and also remember that Central beat your varsity last year with 3 freshmans playing and this year two of the 8th graders that beat your now freshmans  or now varsity freshmans that were 8th graders on that King team and would beat your freshman 10 out of 10 times if they played freshman ball but they will see your varsity, and the other three starters that when to Ozen would beat your freshman 10 out of 10 times so up lift your freshman but dont forget.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1336031" timestamp="1353251747"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=106447.msg1336026#msg1336026 date=1353250954]
[/quote]I agree. Too many people think they know more than coaches know what is best for their program. I was not at the Champ game, but you can't blame a group of kids for being excited for winning a game. As long as they were not taunting our boys/fans, im okay with KIDS being excited. Even if Ned Fresh had not forfeited the game, WB JV would have played OF JV for the 3rd place game, so they would have played Saturday regardless.
[/quote]

I think everyone is missing the point! I dont believe anyone is questioning the decision to let Westbrook play Ned JV in the championship game. IMO i think it was the right move and so does many other fans and parents, but if i were the WB JV coach (which i am not) i would have given up the 1st place trophy. Only because how i got to the championship game to begin with, by a decision made by adults. I don't blame the Westbrook boys of being happy, they won the game against a good Ned JV team.

[quote name="understand" post="1336130" timestamp="1353257608"]
It appears someone is trying to say how good ned freshmans are they are good and the coach son on that team is good ,English and his dad English is a good coach he was a good coach at Vidor, but what you need to say if you are trying to say how WB jv should act remember KING 8th graders played your now 9th graders and beat them by 40 pts last year when you guys had said that they had never lost and also remember that Central beat your varsity last year with 3 freshmans playing and this year two of the 8th graders that beat your now freshmans  or now varsity freshmans that were 8th graders on that King team and would beat your freshman 10 out of 10 times if they played freshman ball but they will see your varsity, and the other three starters that when to Ozen would beat your freshman 10 out of 10 times so up lift your freshman but dont forget.
[/quote]

It is okay to punctuate occasionally.  Doing so generally makes your posts much easier to "understand".

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1336214" timestamp="1353261683"]
[quote author=understand link=topic=106447.msg1336130#msg1336130 date=1353257608]
[/quote]

It is okay to punctuate occasionally.  Doing so generally makes your posts much easier to "understand".
[/quote]

Also, how does the behavior of WB JV (which was not bad, very respectfull group of boys) have to do with anything related to the CO and King game last year?

Simply put, huh?  ::)
[quote name="understand" post="1336130" timestamp="1353257608"]
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01