CROSBY VS MANOR PREDICTIONS

cougar14

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1336639" timestamp="1353287709"]
What's they story on Crosby? What type of offense do they run?  Just trying to see what my Mustangs are up against this Saturday.
[/quote]We run a spread option. Our backfield are identical twins, QB has throw for about 1850 yards and rushed for another 700, the running back has a shade under 1900 yards on the season. Have a couple good receivers and a nasty defense. We just held the last team we played to their second worst showing of the season and we were the 6th playoff team they played this year. I think the team we just played is a lot like y'all except Manor has a better passing game. The team we just played though probably has 3 D1 commits in the secondary along with Tony Brown who might be ranked as the best db in the country for the 2014 class. Our defense bottled up their playmakers though, including Jakobi Jones who is one of the most dynamic players in the region.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336953" timestamp="1353339020"]
I'm rooting for the Cougars, but they are very lucky to be in round 2 after what I watched on Saturday. Manor may be too much unless the Coogs figure something out between now and then.
[/quote]Other than the two turnovers in the redzone I don't understand what looked so bad. We gained the second most yards on Ozen and held them to the second least and they had 6 playoff teams on the schedule. This is pretty much the same team that put 40 on BH at home last year when they were 4-6 just like Saturday. Austin had either 211 rushing yards or 226 depending on what stats you believe, the most given up by Ozen to any one player. We didn't throw for as many as we usually do but Ozen has the best secondary in 20-4a according to recruiters. We also underthrew a slant where #15 had broke the db off and was wide open but the ball was too low. This was a game team with a solid defense, I believe they had second rated D in 20-4a behind Ned. and they showed up and played like that. Ozen was the second most athletic team we played all year behind SC, Ned. has good athletes but the Ozen guys were faster and more agile. Ozen's first td came after Crosby stopped them on 4th and 5 from about the 10 but the db lined up offsides. Ozen probably had about 75 total yards before the last drive in the 4th quarter. They ended with 167 total yards and 68 of that came on a Jakobi Jones run where our dbs had to go catch him from behind. Even with that run Jones only ended with like 107 on 18 carries. We also held them to 25 passing yards on 9/13. Nobody on their schedule besides Ned contained Ozen like that. It's all good though, only way to disprove the non-believers is to win. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336953" timestamp="1353339020"]
I'm rooting for the Cougars, but they are very lucky to be in round 2 after what I watched on Saturday. Manor may be too much unless the Coogs figure something out between now and then.
[/quote]And by the way I know the score was worse but we played Dayton when they were still good early in the year, but you know BH is the only one of the top 6 teams Dayton played in the district that didn't put up over 300 yards right? I would worry about BH, you averaged 11 points a game on the playoff teams in the district.

First this Ozen team is not the same team that BH played last year and we scored 37 on them in regulation not 15. Ozen had Green last year along with #1 RB. I'm just saying if you guys are excited about Ozen taking you into OT then thats your call. Livingston beat Ozen and we shut Livingston COMPLETLY out. The Coogs should have dominated this game from beggining to end ,but keept Ozen in the game with poor play calling and execution. Manor will be a lot better than Ozen, stumble against them and your done.

I love how before y'all played them you were saying this was gonna be a blow out and that Ozen wasn't gonna be able to contain your speed. But now that y'all barely got away with a win Ozen all of a sudden had the best secondary in the area and all this speed and athleticism.

And please explain to me the statement about how Ned doesn't have the athletes to hold Ozen yet they shut them out.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1337014" timestamp="1353342740"]
I love how before y'all played them you were saying this was gonna be a blow out and that Ozen wasn't gonna be able to contain your speed. But now that y'all barely got away with a win Ozen all of a sudden had the best secondary in the area and all this speed and athleticism.

And please explain to me the statement about how Ned doesn't have the athletes to hold Ozen yet they shut them out.
[/quote]Obviously reading comprehension isn't part of the cirriculum in Vidor, otherwise you wouldn't asked me why I said that. I said Ozen had better athletes in the secondary than Ned., you can argue that but I'll put the link up on who the recruiters are after. I didn't predict a blowout, I saw how many yards they held y'all and PA Memorial to so I knew it could be a tough game. Ozen has gotten blown out one time all year and that's by Ned. in Nederland, so I may have said we could blow it open but never thought we would just manhandle them. I look at stats remember, other than the Ned. predictions I don't speak from the heart but I had nothing else to go on in the first game of the season. If we played Vidor's schedule we would be 9-1 just like y'all, the two teams we played the scoring margins are a combined 6 pts. Don't overstate your place in the realm of relevance, you still have 2 playoff wins in 47 years and if Central doesn't make the playoffs next year you're most likely going to have those same 2 next year. By the way, here's the link to the basketball forum: http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

This one is gonna be a shoot out. If the Twins from Crosby are as dynamic as you guys say they are, this should be a very close game. Manor has been good against the run ever since the Leander game. That game taught us a lesson about "big boy" football.  We are extremely quick at the skill positions. If Manor cuts out the turnovers and penalties from last week (4 TO's, 16 penalties), we should be able to pull this one out.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1337501" timestamp="1353373666"]
This one is gonna be a shoot out. If the Twins from Crosby are as dynamic as you guys say they are, this should be a very close game. Manor has been good against the run ever since the Leander game. That game taught us a lesson about "big boy" football.  We are extremely quick at the skill positions. [b]If Manor cuts out the turnovers and penalties from last week (4 TO's, 16 penalties), we should be able to pull this one out.[/b][/quote]And if we had cut the two redzone turnovers out we would have put up 30+. The first td Ozen had was because of a penalty where we stopped them on 4th and 5 where they tried to hit Brown in the endzone but the Crosby db made a play on it. Ozen got a first down because the Crosby corner on the other side of the field lined up offsides, they got a first down and scored from like the 4 yardline. They should have only had 7 pts had it not been for a cheap penalty. I thought the last fumble at the 5 was a bad call because Aston's arm and head clearly hit the ground first which is the only reason why the ball popped out, so that call cost us another 7 but Aston could have slid instead of jumping over the guys head and probably avoided the turnover. Crosby's offense has never had a problem moving the ball on anybody, anywhere, any time. Our problem has always been defense, penalties and turnovers. Defense put up the second best performance of the year vs Ozen and offense moved it the second most. Aston fumbled, but it was a bad call and you really can't tell him not to go all out in that situation. Next play he would have turned around and handed it to his brother on the 5 yardline and there probably wouldn't be a discussion. Austin put up 200+ yards (most of anybody all year), and Aston should have had around 150 through the air bet he missed Singleton on a post for about a 50 yard td. Ozen didn't have one turnover the whole game besides the fumble on the last play of the game Crosby jumped on in OT. Manor gives us 4 extra possessions and 16 penalties to go with it you can put Crosby in the regional championship. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336994" timestamp="1353341470"]
First this Ozen team is not the same team that BH played last year and we scored 37 on them in regulation not 15. Ozen had Green last year along with #1 RB. I'm just saying if you guys are excited about Ozen taking you into OT then thats your call. Livingston beat Ozen and we shut Livingston COMPLETLY out. The Coogs should have dominated this game from beggining to end ,but keept Ozen in the game with poor play calling and execution. Manor will be a lot better than Ozen, stumble against them and your done.
[/quote]You scored 14 more and gave up 25 more, which one is better? I'll take the 22 and giving up 15 instead of 40 at home. Playcalling wasn't poor, it's just harder to throw passes on Ozen than BH because they actually have dbs that can stay with our receivers. We ran similar plays on BH but the receivers just smoked your dbs and dropped the ball. Yeah, Livingston beat Ozen  and we should have on paper at least dominated them, but that's like me saying BH couldn't move the ball on a weak Dayton defense or Summer Creek. We'll see how BH does against Elgin, spread offense with speed on the edges and a running game. Last two games BH played against a Crosby team like that they gave up 900+ yards and 70 points, good luck though. We both win two more we get to meet in Stallworth and watch Crosby cropdust BH again. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337837" timestamp="1353425412"]
[quote author=Chrcj71 link=topic=106444.msg1337501#msg1337501 date=1353373666]
This one is gonna be a shoot out. If the Twins from Crosby are as dynamic as you guys say they are, this should be a very close game. Manor has been good against the run ever since the Leander game. That game taught us a lesson about "big boy" football.  We are extremely quick at the skill positions. [b]If Manor cuts out the turnovers and penalties from last week (4 TO's, 16 penalties), we should be able to pull this one out.[/b][/quote]And if we had cut the two redzone turnovers out we would have put up 30+. The first td Ozen had was because of a penalty where we stopped them on 4th and 5 where they tried to hit Brown in the endzone but the Crosby db made a play on it. Ozen got a first down because the Crosby corner on the other side of the field lined up offsides, they got a first down and scored from like the 4 yardline. They should have only had 7 pts had it not been for a cheap penalty. I thought the last fumble at the 5 was a bad call because Aston's arm and head clearly hit the ground first which is the only reason why the ball popped out, so that call cost us another 7 but Aston could have slid instead of jumping over the guys head and probably avoided the turnover. Crosby's offense has never had a problem moving the ball on anybody, anywhere, any time. Our problem has always been defense, penalties and turnovers. Defense put up the second best performance of the year vs Ozen and offense moved it the second most. Aston fumbled, but it was a bad call and you really can't tell him not to go all out in that situation. Next play he would have turned around and handed it to his brother on the 5 yardline and there probably wouldn't be a discussion. Austin put up 200+ yards (most of anybody all year), and Aston should have had around 150 through the air bet he missed Singleton on a post for about a 50 yard td. Ozen didn't have one turnover the whole game besides the fumble on the last play of the game Crosby jumped on in OT. Manor gives us 4 extra possessions and 16 penalties to go with it you can put Crosby in the regional championship.
[/quote]
But but but........if only if only if only...... Lmao you sure love to live in "what if" land a lot kid.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337847" timestamp="1353426184"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1336994#msg1336994 date=1353341470]
[/quote]You scored 14 more and gave up 25 more, which one is better? I'll take the 22 and giving up 15 instead of 40 at home. Playcalling wasn't poor, it's just harder to throw passes on Ozen than BH because they actually have dbs that can stay with our receivers. We ran similar plays on BH but the receivers just smoked your dbs and dropped the ball. Yeah, Livingston beat Ozen  and we should have on paper at least dominated them, but that's like me saying BH couldn't move the ball on a weak Dayton defense or Summer Creek. We'll see how BH does against Elgin, spread offense with speed on the edges and a running game. Last two games BH played against a Crosby team like that they gave up 900+ yards and 70 points, good luck though. We both win two more we get to meet in Stallworth and watch Crosby cropdust BH again.
[/quote]

I love how you talk about Dayton and SC vs. BH ... LOL both of those teams dominated your kitty kats while BH played them close without thier starting QB. IF BH and Crosby meet again BH would mop the stadium with that crap yall threw at Ozen ;D ;D ;D Here's to Manor Shutting up Cougar14 (if that is even possible) ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1337862" timestamp="1353427085"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337847#msg1337847 date=1353426184]
[/quote]

I love how you talk about Dayton and SC vs. BH ... LOL both of those teams dominated your kitty kats while BH played them close without thier starting QB. IF BH and Crosby meet again BH would mop the stadium with that crap yall threw at Ozen ;D ;D ;D Here's to Manor Shutting up Cougar14 (if that is even possible) ;)
[/quote]
I'll toast to that!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]They scored points on us, y'all didn't move the ball. We put 35 on you with the crap we threw at Ozen and your offense looked like the jv in the second half once we adjusted. You haven't shut us up in two years and 4 out of the last 5. We toyed with y'all two years in a row and would have beat you by 25 or more if our receivers weren't dropping balls. Y'all averaged 8 points a game on SC, Crosby, and Dayton. Crosby averaged over 450 yards per game and 26 points on BH, SC, and Dayton. Hopefully we get to roll y'all again to let your know where you still stand with Crosby.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1337857" timestamp="1353426774"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337837#msg1337837 date=1353425412]
[/quote]
[b]But but but........if only if only if only...... Lmao you sure love to live in "what if" land a lot kid.[/b][/quote]You sure love to comment on football threads when it's basketball season old man. "IF if if and only if we didn't get summer creek we would be in the third round." I would probably stay on the football thread too though if they averaged more than my basketball team. :'(

PS: Isn't it about time for you to move your house again and cut the grass underneath it?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1337872" timestamp="1353427602"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1337862#msg1337862 date=1353427085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll toast to that!!!
[/quote]

Manor will blast Crosby by three touchdowns if they play like they did last week.  I sure hope they make it through though so BH can beat the brakes off of them in a rematch.  The post season is all about getting hot at the right time....BH finally is....Crosby - not so much.  Good luck Cougars, hope yall pull it out.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337962" timestamp="1353433652"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106444.msg1337857#msg1337857 date=1353426774]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337837#msg1337837 date=1353425412]
[/quote]
[b]But but but........if only if only if only...... Lmao you sure love to live in "what if" land a lot kid.[/b][/quote]You sure love to comment on football threads when it's basketball season old man. "IF if if and only if we didn't get summer creek we would be in the third round." I would probably stay on the football thread too though if they averaged more than my basketball team. :'(

PS: Isn't it about time for you to move your house again and cut the grass underneath it?
[/quote]

When all else fails.....resort to geographical stereotyping.  They certainly don't have any mobile homes in the super affluent community of Crosby  8)

[/quote]

[/quote]I think Bh would beat Crosby now also their defense has improved alot after that 1st game , I also think Vidor wouldve beat Nederland if their game wouldve been towards the end of the season. JMO

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1338094" timestamp="1353445163"]
[/quote]

[/quote]I think Bh would beat Crosby now also their defense has improved alot after that 1st game , I also think Vidor wouldve beat Nederland if their game wouldve been towards the end of the season. JMO
[/quote]

Yeah , but knuckle head don't see it that way ;D After giving away 35 to Crosby BH only allowed 41 points total through the next 8 games!! Thats a 5 point a game average :o Crosby made Ozen look like a regional finalist last Saturday ;) Hopefully they have gotten all of that out of thier system because it only gets tougher from here. I do hope Crosby advances and good luck to them.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1338107" timestamp="1353446927"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106444.msg1338094#msg1338094 date=1353445163]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah , but knuckle head don't see it that way ;D After giving away 35 to Crosby BH only allowed 41 points total through the next 8 games!! Thats a 5 point a game average :o Crosby made Ozen look like a regional finalist last Saturday ;) Hopefully they have gotten all of that out of thier system because it only gets tougher from here. I do hope Crosby advances and good luck to them.
[/quote]First of all, how would you know it only gets tougher from here? You've never seen BH in a second round playoff game. Second, we heard the same story last year from BH when they were talking about the three backs with 600 yards. All I saw was little red lasers running up and down the field. Mirror image of this year and will surely look the same next with senior twins. Good luck to y'all too. We both win two more and y'all get to get another whipping with everybody in the SETX watching, that way everybody can see how non-competetive the prey looks against the predator. Instead of just 300 yards, I think Austin would put 350 on y'all this time though. After next year he's going to be close to 1000 total yards on BH alone.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1337501" timestamp="1353373666"]
This one is gonna be a shoot out. If the Twins from Crosby are as dynamic as you guys say they are, this should be a very close game. Manor has been good against the run ever since the Leander game. That game taught us a lesson about "big boy" football.  We are extremely quick at the skill positions. If Manor cuts out the turnovers and penalties from last week (4 TO's, 16 penalties), we should be able to pull this one out.
[/quote]

Hey chrcj71 weh you get a chance hope over to the BH/Eglin Thread and tell us what you think about Elgin :)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1338128" timestamp="1353448405"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1338107#msg1338107 date=1353446927]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106444.msg1338094#msg1338094 date=1353445163]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]First of all, how would you know it only gets tougher from here? You've never seen BH in a second round playoff game. Second, we heard the same story last year from BH when they were talking about the three backs with 600 yards. All I saw was little red lasers running up and down the field. Mirror image of this year and will surely look the same next with senior twins. Good luck to y'all too. We both win two more and y'all get to get another whipping with everybody in the SETX watching, that way everybody can see how non-competetive the prey looks against the predator. Instead of just 300 yards, I think Austin would put 350 on y'all this time though. After next year he's going to be close to 1000 total yards on BH alone.
[/quote]
Well seeing as how bh at least one state title in football (even though it was in a different classification) I would say they have more sense about the playoffs than y'all do kid lmao.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1338128" timestamp="1353448405"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1338107#msg1338107 date=1353446927]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have seen BH in plenty of 2nd  & 3rd round games. You forget we were in 3A not long ago and those were yearly events.  Doubt we will get to play again,but I would love to watch BH shut you up ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder