WOS vs West Columbia

monknuk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tam0003" post="1334886" timestamp="1353177009"]
Skipper have you even seen WC play this year or are you strictly going off of stats. Every game you come on here saying what other teams have like you've actually seen them play. It's starting to be annoying to see you acting like you are terrified of every team we play and you are looking at stats. Cleveland's QB threw for nearly 3000 yards this year, did those stats help him last night? He could barely get off a pass. You have to look at their level of competition as well. No predominately run team will beat Wos. They will have to pass and run equally well to have a chance. WC doesn't have that and won't challenge Wos.
[/quote]TAM, have you ever heard the story "THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF". Well thats who skippy is.  He cries WOLF every week and now nobody believes his stupid crap.

i have not missed a mustang game in 35 years  i love my mustangs and after each game i am shaking the kids and coaches hands. i just read what sport writters say thats all . after a blow out like the mustangs had lastnight  just hopeing  thay  come off that cloud 9 and get ready for WC becouse if thay  thay might be in trouble and i never said the mustangs were going to be beat

speveto you got a problem with (ME) so you can message me and not tell everyone on here i hurt your feelings  can you dig it you are the only person that trys to start crap with diffrent people on here you have already been kick off this once would you like to try  to get banned agan

[quote name="skipper" post="1335043" timestamp="1353183578"]
i have not missed a mustang game in 35 years  i love my mustangs and after each game i am shaking the kids and coaches hands. i just read what sport writters say thats all . after a blow out like the mustangs had lastnight  just hopeing  thay  come off that cloud 9 and get ready for WC becouse if thay  thay might be in trouble and i never said the mustangs were going to be beat
[/quote]

You honestly think these kids are on cloud 9 after last night? I'm really starting to doubt how much you know about mustang football. Come on Skip. Everybody knows that was only the first week of the playoffs. We've been here before....over and over and over again. This group knows what's at stake. Most of them have played varsity for three years. They want nothing less than a state title. Cloud 9? First playoff game? Come on Skipper.

Come on guys...get off skips case. He is just stating his opinion like he has since this board was started. Why jump on an old man that gets excited and sometimes doesnt put his words together 100%? Give him a break. And I dont know what your personal vendetta is with skip, speveto, but keep it between yall. Seems like anything the man says, you attack him personally. Now lets get back to talking FOOTBALL, that IS what this is about right??

[quote name="tam0003" post="1334886" timestamp="1353177009"]
Skipper have you even seen WC play this year or are you strictly going off of stats. Every game you come on here saying what other teams have like you've actually seen them play. It's starting to be annoying to see you acting like you are terrified of every team we play and you are looking at stats. Cleveland's QB threw for nearly 3000 yards this year, did those stats help him last night? He could barely get off a pass. You have to look at their level of competition as well. No predominately run team will beat Wos. They will have to pass and run equally well to have a chance. WC doesn't have that and won't challenge Wos.
[/quote]

COldspring beat yall last year and they ran all over yall all game long!!! Watch what you say

Is there a site that Columbia frequently visits? I've looked on here and 3adownlow and haven't heard anything from Roughneck posters. Just want to see what their people are saying about this game. The one thing I do like is the fact that we are somewhat "flying under the radar" of some sorts. Not many people are talking about us on other sites. Haven't been all year. Well just keep quietly making our way to the promise land, lol. Seems like the "other" site has already crowned Navasota the DII champs and Stephenville D1. Im sure Silsbee has something to say about that.

kicker dont start  it with the navasota people thay have a hit on me lol thay will tell you in a heart beat thay have the best D in 3a and thay are already putting up the christmas tree  in dallas. and a signed basketball to wo-s team saying better luck next year. i told them to go see a doctor

[quote name="skipper" post="1335063" timestamp="1353184521"]
speveto you got a problem with (ME) so you can message me and not tell everyone on here i hurt your feelings  can you dig it you are the only person that trys to start crap with diffrent people on here you have already been kick off this once would you like to try  to get banned agan
[/quote]

Being the superstitious type, I prefer Skipper not to change until after the playoffs..he has been doing something right as we are undefeated.

We should beat West Columbia if we play to our capabilities...our run defense is great..the kids will do alright. As far as Chris Smith, yes I also heard he will be eligible to play this week. These kids are all business I don't think they will overlook anyone this year. Go Stangs. Saying right here, right now...Navasota won't be in the region final IMO.

After watching WOS completely dominate Cleveland last night, I can't see them having any problems stopping a run oriented offense, does not matter what set they run from.  WOS  played a scrimage agaist Vidor very early in the season. And held their own, Vidor put up over 400 yards on the ground agaist a very good SC team last night. If the stangs can contiune to play with the intensity they hit the field with last night - Dallas here come. 

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1335152" timestamp="1353187814"]
[quote author=tam0003 link=topic=106415.msg1334886#msg1334886 date=1353177009]
[/quote]

COldspring beat yall last year and they ran all over yall all game long!!! Watch what you say
[/quote]

Who's talking about last year? I'm talking about this years defense. They are better this year, particularly against the run.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1335746" timestamp="1353211424"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106415.msg1335063#msg1335063 date=1353184521]
[/quote]

Being the superstitious type, I prefer Skipper not to change until after the playoffs..he has been doing something right as we are undefeated.

We should beat West Columbia if we play to our capabilities...our run defense is great..the kids will do alright. As far as Chris Smith, yes I also heard he will be eligible to play this week. These kids are all business I don't think they will overlook anyone this year. Go Stangs. Saying right here, right now...Navasota won't be in the region final IMO.
[/quote]

His name is Chris James and its not a definate if he will be able to play in this game either.

It's funny that most have not seen Navasota but are quick to pass judgement. True, you are entitled to your opinion, but please make a valid one.  Those who have seen Navasota, have a different opinion. Don't say Navasota will not win, etc especially if you have not seen the Rattlers play, that's stupidity and pure ignorance.

And, if the show doesn't fit, I'm not talking to you. Otherwise, wear it.

Just to make it known, most of the Rattler following do not believe we have the best defense in 3a.  In fact, we can care less.  After 5 consecutive loses in the quarterfinals, we take one game at a time.  We are humbled to be considered one of the best in the state but we know that any thing can happen.

Good Luck to both WO-S and WC!

Should be a pretty good game. The final score (48-0) in the LaMarque vs WC game doesn't tell the whole story. That game was 0-0 @ halftime, but after that, WC started making too many mistakes and that ended up costing 'em bigtime. Point being, I think that IF they can play the full 48 without making those mistakes again, WC may have a decent chance to win this one. 

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1335928" timestamp="1353221769"]
Should be a pretty good game. The final score (48-0) in the LaMarque vs WC game doesn't tell the whole story. That game was 0-0 @ halftime, but after that, WC started making too many mistakes and that ended up costing 'em bigtime. Point being, I think that IF they can play the full 48 without making those mistakes again, WC may have a decent chance to win this one.
[/quote]And you are basing this on the fact that they had LaMarque 0-0 at the half and if they could do this twice they could play with WO-S?  I hope if you are an adult man your job requires no decision making skills or brainwork.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1335930" timestamp="1353222451"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106415.msg1335928#msg1335928 date=1353221769]
[/quote]And you are basing this on the fact that they had LaMarque 0-0 at the half and if they could do this twice they could play with WO-S?  I hope if you are an adult man your job requires no decision making skills or brainwork.
[/quote]
IF I'm adult MAN? What's with the personal attacks? Does it make you feel better to try and put others down because mommy and daddy didn't give you enough attention when you were little? If so, knock yourself out! You won't hurt my feelings...  LOL! If YOU had the big brain that you seem to want everyone here to believe that you have, you could have easily looked at my signature and figured out that in fact, I am an adult man. Anyway, personally I could care less who wins when it comes to WO-S vs WC. I have no association with either. Good luck next weekend!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder