CROSBY VS. BEAUMONT OZEN BROADCAST/Crosby wins 22-15!

WOSgrad

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1335164" timestamp="1353188129"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335160#msg1335160 date=1353188019]
So much for Crosby walking all over Ozen.

Not impressed

::)
[/quote]
20-4A may get one win ;)
[/quote]
Shame Vidor didn't get Crosby again.  Would have been a bi-district split.  No doubt.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1335180" timestamp="1353188573"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335177#msg1335177 date=1353188469]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106410.msg1335174#msg1335174 date=1353188423]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335169#msg1335169 date=1353188319]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106410.msg1335164#msg1335164 date=1353188129]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335160#msg1335160 date=1353188019]

Not impressed

[/quote]
20-4A may get one win ;)
[/quote]
We did get one win. Y'all can put away the brooms.
[/quote]
I believe its your broom. Weren't you the one who pulled it out saying it would be a 20-4A sweep?
[/quote]
Uh seriously?? Please look up where I said anything about a sweep.
[/quote]
Must have been dustoff03, my bad.
[/quote]
yep it was me and i ate crow all night last night for it and the vidor loss. but hey, i'll probably start the same thread again next august. ;D

Boys  from Ozen came to play. Crosby helped them out with two turnovers in the redzone but it is what it is. We tried to air it out but weren't as successful due to Ozen speed and D1 type secondary. I know BH shut out Livingston but before that last drive Ozen had to tie they probably had about 75 total yards. Jakobi Jones is the truth, so is the safety Raliegh Johnson I think. Teams that mirror us always give us issues, we do a lot better against traditional run or pro-style offenses. Defense may be the nastiest in 19-4a right now though. Offense just needs to execute a little better, could have easily had a couple more tds with cleaner execution. Manor put up 500+ yards on Huntsville so the next round should be a shootout.

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1335183" timestamp="1353188692"]

Not impressed

[/quote]
20-4A may get one win ;)
[/quote]
[b]Shame Vidor didn't get Crosby again.  Would have been a bi-district split.  No doubt.[/b]
[/quote]No it wouldn't have, I saw your dbs last night. Our receivers would have lit y'all up just like Hogan and Ruffin. Y'all scored the last td on the second string so it was basically 51-20. We scored 21 on SC and had 459 yards, just some turnovers and drops. Y'all have absolutely no passing threat, I saw Vidor miss the wide open receiver on the right side by 15 yards. I understand y'all had MQ but he's not Jakobi Jones in space. Don't think y'all could've beat us unless we had those same turnovers as today.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1335244" timestamp="1353190512"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106410.msg1335180#msg1335180 date=1353188573]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335177#msg1335177 date=1353188469]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106410.msg1335174#msg1335174 date=1353188423]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106410.msg1335169#msg1335169 date=1353188319]

Not impressed

[/quote]
20-4A may get one win ;)
[/quote]
We did get one win. Y'all can put away the brooms.
[/quote]
I believe its your broom. Weren't you the one who pulled it out saying it would be a 20-4A sweep?
[/quote]
Uh seriously?? Please look up where I said anything about a sweep.
[/quote]
Must have been dustoff03, my bad.
[/quote]
yep it was me and i ate crow all night last night for it and the vidor loss. but hey, i'll probably start the same thread again next august. ;D
[/quote]
I'll be looking for it!

What a great game to go see  ;D Crosby pulls out the win, but Ozen just is impressive when it comes to playoff time. If they could figure out that early in the season they would give 20-4A fits. Great job by Ozen coming from behind and taking the game into OT! I hated to see you guys fumble in OT because i just wanted to see more of this game. Crosby gonna have to come up with some better playcalling as they get deeper in the playoffs, because the twins will not carry this team too many more rounds IMO. Good luck to Crosby next week against Manor

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1335183" timestamp="1353188692"]

Not impressed

[/quote]
20-4A may get one win ;)
[/quote]
Shame Vidor didn't get Crosby again.  Would have been a bi-district split.  No doubt.
[/quote] Well you got donkey stomped by SC, so it really does not matter what you think ;D You may now relocate to the basketball threads.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1335269" timestamp="1353191250"]
What a great game to go see  ;D Crosby pulls out the win, but Ozen just is impressive when it comes to playoff time. If they could figure out that early in the season they would give 20-4A fits. Great job by Ozen coming from behind and taking the game into OT! I hated to see you guys fumble in OT because i just wanted to see more of this game. Crosby gonna have to come up with some better playcalling as they get deeper in the playoffs, because the twins will not carry this team too many more rounds IMO. Good luck to Crosby next week against Manor
[/quote]We just need to execute a little cleaner. We should have had at least 28, had a pick and a fumble in the redzone. Those are the same plays we put it on BH with, the only difference is Ozen had the speed to contain the edges and keep Aston from killing them when the play breaks down. BH can't keep us off the edges and their linemen don't run well enough to contain or qb, Ozen had that which is why they put 40 on y'all last year when they were 4-6 like they were today. How many times did we get to the edge but had no room to turn it up? When we play BH we get there and the guys can't catch us so you get things like 600+ yards rushing the last two meetings. Manor is a similar to Ozen though so I expect more of the same next week, just have to play a little smarter and cleaner. I'll take our D into any DII matchup right now though.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1335269" timestamp="1353191250"]
[/quote]

The adjustments won the game for the Cougars, but Ozen Forced the cougars to pull one trick out the bag, so everyone else should say thank you, because you get to prepare for the FB Slot double heavy package. Scored two TD's this evening, and that's new to the Offense.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1335300" timestamp="1353192146"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106410.msg1335269#msg1335269 date=1353191250]
[/quote]We just need to execute a little cleaner. We should have had at least 28, had a pick and a fumble in the redzone. Those are the same plays we put it on BH with, the only difference is Ozen had the speed to contain the edges and keep Aston from killing them when the play breaks down. BH can't keep us off the edges and their linemen don't run well enough to contain or qb, Ozen had that which is why they put 40 on y'all last year when they were 4-6 like they were today. How many times did we get to the edge but had no room to turn it up? When we play BH we get there and the guys can't catch us so you get things like 600+ yards rushing the last two meetings. Manor is a similar to Ozen though so I expect more of the same next week, just have to play a little smarter and cleaner. I'll take our D into any DII matchup right now though.
[/quote]

Dude, I Don't know when you are going to realize that the BH D that you played died in Crosby that night! We held Dayton to 13 and SC to thier lowest score of the season not to count shuting out the team last night that beat Ozen and completly dominating a UT pledge. Ozen had a weapon last year that you did not play and that was Green which is the main reason they hung 40 on us which we hung 37 on them. Goodluck to you against Manor ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1335325" timestamp="1353192713"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106410.msg1335300#msg1335300 date=1353192146]
[/quote]

Dude, I Don't know when you are going to realize that the BH D that you played died in Crosby that night! We held Dayton to 13 and SC to thier lowest score of the season not to count shuting out the team last night that beat Ozen and completly dominating a UT pledge. Ozen had a weapon last year that you did not play and that was Green which is the main reason they hung 40 on us which we hung 37 on them. Goodluck to you against Manor ;D
[/quote]Just saying we did the same thing to y'all last year, Ozen then followed it up in the first round, then we did the same thing again this year. It's not like your defense sucked before y'all played us and it surely didn't after, y'all got it put on you for one game. I'm just saying you don't matchup well with some type teams like us, Ozen we played today, and the Manor we play next week. Good luck to the Eagles too. Dayton could have held up their part it would have been 17-4a vs 19-4a giving us another chance to sweep.

[quote name="panther blue" post="1335371" timestamp="1353193874"]
Hard fought game that went to overtime. ozen never did quit or give up. Thanks seniors, time to regroup for next year. go panthers.  8)
[/quote]Thank you also for your band. Panther band drowned us out all day and played at the right time (when Crosby had the ball). Had me jammin' for about 3 hours straight. 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1335160" timestamp="1353188019"]

Not impressed

[/quote]

actually it could have been a walk over, but the coaches were calling crazy plays. I was at the game.....and I know Tony Brown is highly recruited, but he wasn't playing like this was a playoff game

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1335325" timestamp="1353192713"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106410.msg1335300#msg1335300 date=1353192146]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Meh i just think Crosby has BH's number tbh. Last year yall where firing on all cylinders and we beat that defense to.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1335544" timestamp="1353201148"]

Not impressed

[/quote]

actually it could have been a walk over, but the coaches were calling crazy plays. I was at the game.....and I know Tony Brown is highly recruited, but he wasn't playing like this was a playoff game
[/quote]

I can just about promise you it would have NEVER been a walk over and the playcalling had nothing to do with it. Once our D adjusted to wut the cougs were doing it was lights out until the td late in the 4th. Tony Brown dislocated his shoulder early in the ballgame and came back and played with extreme pain, :-[ forcing that fumble in the redzone by crosby's qb. Our Offense didn't help our D out. and btw we made an adjustment too with the wildcat form that yielded a td and 2pt conv. Sadly it was from the same form we fumbled in overtime. This was Texas playoff football at it's finest. ;D Good defense, hard hits, big plays, and a great finish. Congrats on the "W" Crosby. Now go do something with it next week.

PS-I saw Summer Creek and they looked really good against a really slow Vidor secondary. ::) Not taking anything away from them, but I would love to catch them in a later round matchup with a team that matches them speed for speed and blow for blow. I did love their intensity and quickness. Speed does kill when u use it right!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder