Summer Creek is HUGE!!!!!!

JMcShan

SC's QB was one of the best I've ever seen at HS level.  He is a Junior who had similar stats from last yr.  You will be watching him on Saturdays if not Sundays!  But would like to see him against a full blitz D with D speedy Safeties.  Just a bad matchup for Vidor.  But Nederland can take them.  Next year though...  SC could be title contenders.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1334872" timestamp="1353176093"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106400.msg1334832#msg1334832 date=1353173256]
Our big hurdle will be Pearland. We should do fairly well until then. If we are VERY lucky to get past Pearland, everything else will be a huge fight to the championship.
[/quote]
Pearland? first you gotta get past G-Town and likely Angleton after that. those are some big hurdles before Pearland.
[/quote]LOL, Dawson (pearland) Will likely have to get past Angleton (again) this year, and I can gaurantee you that It will be a MUCH harder feat for them to accomplish this time. The only reason they BARELY won last year is because they had home field adv, and (some believe) they played dirty/cheated (read: Deliberately Broke Richard Cooper's ankle/leg in the middle of the game, among many other things) and got away with it because they had the refs on their side and always looking the other way when they did it. The 'Cats are a much more balanced, and much better team now than they were last season. Last year they were still learning brand new offensive and defensive schemes, now they are quite familiar with said schemes... ;D  I believe that if we can get a fair shake this year, and we don't have to play the refs again Dawson will fall. Of course, that is IF we meet them again this year...Might be Big NED that takes them out first! We'll see I guess. ;)

P.S. Thanks to all who support us! It's much appreciated.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1334832" timestamp="1353173256"]
Our big hurdle will be Pearland. We should do fairly well until then. If we are VERY lucky to get past Pearland, everything else will be a huge fight to the championship.
[/quote]
Whoever said you are going to play dawson? Dawson still has to get past Nederland(hopefully). Nederland gave them a tough battle last year and we are way better than last year.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1335790" timestamp="1353212312"]
I think SC wins region. Angleton is not that good- lost to George Ranch and should have lost to Nederland. Dawson is beatable as well. Of course I believe Nederland is a contendor as well
[/quote]
Seeing a SC vs. Nederland game is very possible. Just matters witch Carson Raines shows up. Regular Carson or Carson that went off on Dayton.

I think SC wins region. Angleton is not that good- lost to George Ranch and should have lost to Nederland. Dawson is beatable as well. Of course I believe Nederland is a contendor as well
[/quote] LOL...SHOULD HAVE lost to Nederland? But won by eight. Seems like if they should have lost, they WOULD have. Angleton isn't ranked as high as they are for no reason. As far as George is concerned, that game doesn't matter. You've gotta let your second and third string get a little playing time in at some point. :D

[/quote]

SC should lose to Georgetown so no reason to play the game I guess based on your thinking.  Lets just go ahead and award the title to Dawson since their ranked #1.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1335864" timestamp="1353214101"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=106400.msg1335790#msg1335790 date=1353212312]
[/quote] LOL...SHOULD HAVE lost to Nederland? But won by eight. Seems like if they should have lost, they WOULD have. Angleton isn't ranked as high as they are for no reason. As far as George is concerned, that game doesn't matter. You've gotta let your second and third string get a little playing time in at some point. :D
[/quote]
Huh?  You are what your record says you are.  Period!

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1335894" timestamp="1353217013"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106400.msg1335864#msg1335864 date=1353214101]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=106400.msg1335790#msg1335790 date=1353212312]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yep! ::) So If you're one of those who doesn't think Angleton is any good, you just keep on thinkin' that. We'll just let our team do what they do and see what happens.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="songone" post="1335766" timestamp="1353211932"]
SC reminds me of Manvel when they were 4A.
[/quote]

SC reminds me of Coldspring of the past few years, at least as far as getting love on this board is concerned.  :P

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1335906" timestamp="1353217883"]
[quote author=Curelover32 link=topic=106400.msg1335894#msg1335894 date=1353217013]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106400.msg1335864#msg1335864 date=1353214101]
[/quote]
[/quote]
OK. ::) If you're one of those who doesn't think Angleton is any good, you just keep on thinkin' that. We'll just let our team do what they do and see what happens.
[/quote]

Who said Angleton is not good?  But your team is not as good as the one that took us out last year.  You were undefeated and ranked #3 in 4a.  I'm sorry.  It is what it is.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1335911" timestamp="1353218297"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=106400.msg1335766#msg1335766 date=1353211932]
SC reminds me of Manvel when they were 4A.
[/quote]

SC reminds me of Coldspring of the past few years, at least as far as getting love on this board is concerned.  :P
[/quote]

You are definitely right!!!!!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336508" timestamp="1353276787"]
Angleton is suspect. If Nederland nearly beat you buy scoring 31 points ...this is d same Nederland that let a very weak Dayton hang around.  Angleton is good but not great. Just like BH, Crosby, Dayton, Nederland, and Vidor.  Good, not great.
[/quote] We must also consider that the last ~30 min of that Ned vs Ang game was literally played in a monsoon, and that at times it was raining so hard (not to mention the winds) that the fans could barely see the players on the field (that is, the fans that stayed there) I think that 39-31 was a relatively high final score considering the very adverse conditions being dealt with during that game by the players. Anyway, we'll take it one game at a time and Tomball will be our next opponent. Maybe we'll meet in two weeks, then we'll know who's best for sure.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336508" timestamp="1353276787"]
Angleton is suspect. If Nederland nearly beat you buy scoring 31 points ...this is d same Nederland that let a very weak Dayton hang around.  Angleton is good but not great. Just like BH, Crosby, Dayton, Nederland, and Vidor.  Good, not great.
[/quote]
Keep talking man. One day that mouth of yours is gonna write a check your arse can't cash.  8)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1336721" timestamp="1353291240"]
[quote author=cpujt8 link=topic=106400.msg1336717#msg1336717 date=1353291031]
S.C.-This is Manvel, Northshore, Katy, PAM, LaPorte-see you soon-signed, 5a

p.s.-you won't scare us 8)
[/quote]
Sounds like you have five different personalities. Hope you're taking medication for that. ;D ;D
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="cpujt8" post="1336717" timestamp="1353291031"]
S.C.-This is Manvel, Northshore, Katy, PAM, LaPorte-see you soon-signed, 5a

p.s.-you won't scare us 8)
[/quote]

None of the teams on that list could stop this offense. Where SC would have trouble is on defense. I've seen some mammoth O-lineman on those teams. That aside, SC matches up well. Northshore needs to win some 7-on-7 vs SC in the offseason before trying to beat us in d regular season. Katy owns Northshore anyway. Katy has a smooth striding running back, but that dude is SLOW.

I don't see SC going 5A. If anything, Atascocita might drop down to 4A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder