Vidor's Montana

ace2335

Better QB or RB  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB or RB

• QB
    • RB

Yes Sage is about 6' and he knows the offense. Don't know about his arm. He is also a great young man like Montana. I have talked to some kids that are in school with Sage and they say he is a good student, works really hard and he eats, sleeps and lives football. Very respectful young man from what I have heard and seen. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="VPATH" post="1335069" timestamp="1353184791"]
Yes Sage is about 6' and he knows the offense. Don't know about his arm. He is also a great young man like Montana. I have talked to some kids that are in school with Sage and they say he is a good student, works really hard and he eats, sleeps and lives football. Very respectful young man from what I have heard and seen.
[/quote]
Makes me very hopeful.  Only negative on Montana was maybe his accuracy and arm strength.  But he made up for it in so many other ways!

Montana is a running back. His arm is average at best. He has great ball handling ability, but that makes him more of a point guard than a QB.

For Montana to really impress me as a RB, I'd like to see him line up in a pro-set offense n see what he can do w/o all the option razzle dazzle.

Amen demdawgs finally someone that would get where I'm comin from thank you a ton. My intentions were never to take from the kid. I just know which position would suit him best outside of Vidor football. If no one looks him up Lamar should. They'd be dumb not too. At least as a athlete.

I think his best option for the next level is to work hard and gain some weight to try to play linebacker. There are some highly skilled rbs on the FCS level which is where I think he'll be offered.Guys like Simms at Lamar and the kid from Sam Houston are good players and had numbers like Quirante at bigger high school programs, I think Simms won a title at 5a Abilene. He's going to be competing against kids like Glenn Roberts for a scholarship at the rb position this year. I think he's best suited to play weak side lb or depending on how fast he is, strong safety. Couldn't find the official offer from BYU, just something about a visit. That doesn't mean they're not going to offer or ask him to walk on though. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1336773" timestamp="1353292965"]
I think his best option for the next level is to work hard and gain some weight to try to play linebacker. There are some highly skilled rbs on the FCS level which is where I think he'll be offered.Guys like Simms at Lamar and the kid from Sam Houston are good players and had numbers like Quirante at bigger high school programs, I think Simms won a title at 5a Abilene. He's going to be competing against kids like Glenn Roberts for a scholarship at the rb position this year. I think he's best suited to play weak side lb or depending on how fast he is, strong safety. Couldn't find the official offer from BYU, just something about a visit. That doesn't mean they're not going to offer or ask him to walk on though.
[/quote]
Couldn't find the official offer? Oh i'm sorry i didn't know you were a part of the byu staff.
::)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1336778" timestamp="1353293061"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106390.msg1336773#msg1336773 date=1353292965]
[/quote]
Couldn't find the official offer? Oh i'm sorry i didn't know you were a part of the byu staff.
::)
[/quote]This is from the coaching staff, updated daily by ESPN. He could have committed a few hours ago though.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/252/class/2013

He will need more weight, and keep the speed, in order to play in the next level competitively. He has the mental skills, and There have been small players  his size who have succeeded in college, and pros, but not many lately. I can't see him playing QB anywhere. (there are just too many HS QB who have a more well rounded game (pass, and run QB's with experience))

I can see him being a running back, or safety. (if he gains 20lbs, so he can survive college level hits.)

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1336801" timestamp="1353294772"]
He will need more weight, and keep the speed, in order to play in the next level competitively. He has the mental skills, and There have been small players  his size who have succeeded in college, and pros, but not many lately. I can't see him playing QB anywhere. (there are just too many HS QB who have a more well rounded game (pass, and run QB's with experience))

I can see him being a running back, or safety. (if he gains 20lbs, so he can survive college level hits.)
[/quote]

Actually, after seeing the stats of Alabama's player's, Vidor's Montana could possibly play there, and some other teams. Quite a few players there are his size, and are starters.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1336808" timestamp="1353295346"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106390.msg1336801#msg1336801 date=1353294772]

[/quote]

Actually, after seeing the stats of Alabama's player's, Vidor's Montana could possibly play there, and some other teams. Quite a few players there are his size, and are starters.
[/quote]I agree, you don't have to be big but those guys you're looking at on the Tide roster possess a different level of athleticism. That's why Quirante may have similar size to Brown at Ozen but Alabama has already offered him as a junior due to the nature of his ability, not his high school stats. Look up a kid named Bobby Gonzalez from Weslaco, great high school player like Quirante but never got the looks because of how the scouts perceived him.

Montana had a great HS football career and I wish him the best moving forward...He is one tough kid...playing both ways is one thing, but the 2 positions he plays cause him to face a ton of contact, so I admire his toughness more than anything...and most importantly, by all accounts, he is a great kid...vidor is losing a real good one

One of my earlier posts this year, I felt like Montana was over-hyped by Vidor fans.Wish it was the only time I was wrong in my life.Do not think I have ever seen one player mean so much to a team.It has been a pleasure to watch you lead and play two very tough positions so good!Good luck in what ever you decide to do with your life. 

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="Razor" post="1337208" timestamp="1353354280"]
How about if Montana would have played for his dad's alma mater and been a Bulldog?
[/quote]

Don't think I could have stomach'd that!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder