Vidor's Montana

ace2335

Better QB or RB  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB or RB

• QB
    • RB

[quote name="Pirates98" post="1336822" timestamp="1353296969"]
Montana will be serving a mission for his church before attending BYU. That's why you can't find his official commitment.
[/quote]

I wonder what he really wants to do. If I wanted to really play football, then I would not risk losing my edge by serving a mission. He could possibly do just as good religiously by becoming a Tim Tebow character of college football.

However, if he has his heart set for serving a mission, I applaud him for not going for the low hanging fruit of college football. He could always try to work out while serving a mission to stay in shape, and then try to walk-on a team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1337372" timestamp="1353363767"]
His desire is to become a Dr. like his father. On his Sr walk the announcement was he was going to do his 2 year mission before entering BYU to play football and become a Dr like his dad... I wish him the best in whatever tickles his fancy...
[/quote]

I agree. Life is too short to do what you do not want to do.

Quick question:
Has Vidor always had players playing on both sides of the ball? Maybe if Montana had only played offense, he would have been more of a threat on Friday. It can get very tiring, very fast, playing on one side of the ball, against a good competitor. I can only imagine how it could be playing both sides of the ball.

If Montana is playing for Vidor and the  system they have then he is the best QB they could ever hope to have, under a different system (drop back passer) then I think he would excell at RB.  But by the time he gets to college who knows where he may excell, offense, defense??
As for his choice to participate in a mission for his church I think that really defines his character every bit as much as his expertise as a football player. I'm a Nederland bulldog and glad I had the pleasure to watch him play.

we do have players that go both ways... like Montana, and Jon Boy Smith #84 TE and LDT... #25 Micheal Godeaux FB and LB, #31 Sage Smith LB and TB, #12 Scilliaro WR and DB #68 Devin Asher RG and Rotating NG... so there are a few that do it... but not many... we will be loosing all the above mentioned ones to Graduation... I wish them all the best!

Demdawgs,  he did not get torched all night. Y'all won the game. You were the better team. Be happy for your team.  Move on. You watched him 1 game you are far from qualified to determine whether or not he is capable of playing db. Good luck this week

[quote name="coach wade" post="1337419" timestamp="1353366637"]
Demdawgs,  he did not get torched all night. Y'all won the game. You were the better team. Be happy for your team.  Move on. You watched him 1 game you are far from qualified to determine whether or not he is capable of playing db. Good luck this week
[/quote]

+1  Well said!!

The Vidor Kids played well all night. Montana is a line backer so he really did not have much to do with the pass defense. As far as the kids getting torched all night. I commedn the Summer Creek QB and recievers they did a great job. Kids should not be blamed period...they are kids. Vidor's defensve coordinator put those kids in those situations so if you want to blame someone, blame him.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1337375" timestamp="1353363978"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=106390.msg1337372#msg1337372 date=1353363767]
His desire is to become a Dr. like his father. On his Sr walk the announcement was he was going to do his 2 year mission before entering BYU to play football and become a Dr like his dad... I wish him the best in whatever tickles his fancy...
[/quote]

I agree. Life is too short to do what you do not want to do.

Quick question:
Has Vidor always had players playing on both sides of the ball? Maybe if Montana had only played offense, he would have been more of a threat on Friday. It can get very tiring, very fast, playing on one side of the ball, against a good competitor. I can only imagine how it could be playing both sides of the ball.
[/quote]More of a threat? 177 yards and three tds sounds pretty threatening to me.........

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337365" timestamp="1353363508"]
The more I think about Montana in a DB role, the less I can see it happening ...unless SC currently has all D1 receivers.  He got smoked all night long, BUT he played both ways so I'm sure his legs were taxed.
[/quote]seriously? He played middle linebacker all night on defense. Not one time was he ever lined up in coverage on one of the wideouts. Sounds to me like your trying to down play the kids ability by watching 1 game. How many kids do you know that take every offensive and defensive snap of a 4A football game and still perform at the level he did?

[quote name="raiderblue" post="1337489" timestamp="1353372252"]
The Vidor Kids played well all night. Montana is a line backer so he really did not have much to do with the pass defense. As far as the kids getting torched all night. I commedn the Summer Creek QB and recievers they did a great job. Kids should not be blamed period...they are kids. Vidor's defensve coordinator put those kids in those situations so if you want to blame someone, blame him.
[/quote]

I hear ya, but Vidor's DB's didn't have a prayer.  You could have dropped 6 back in coverage n still got burned. The only thing that stopped our passing game was our drops and the clock.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1337382" timestamp="1353364277"]
we do have players that go both ways... like Montana, and Jon Boy Smith #84 TE and LDT... #25 Micheal Godeaux FB and LB, #31 Sage Smith LB and TB, #12 Scilliaro WR and DB #68 Devin Asher RG and Rotating NG... so there are a few that do it... but not many... we will be loosing all the above mentioned ones to Graduation... I wish them all the best!
[/quote]
We'll have sage smith coming back but that's it.

i repect you. you are playing 4a with 5a numbers...basically you are the old humble...please do not get upset, but we both know that.  you have a great team, and i hope you win it all. please be humble( heck thats funny)... if anyone can match you on the corners then you will be in trouble.. if anyone can do that and run right at you.....you will be in trouble... no doubt you had superior athletes, but who else has put 400 yards on you

Good points in the latter part of your post.

SC is a true 4A team. We have THREE high school within a 5 mile radius.  The talent has been diluted over three schools. SC only has about 60 - 70 kids out for football ...that's total over Freshman, JV, and Varsity. A 5A school might see 2 times that or more.  Speaking of Humble, would you question them as a 4A team?  Right now it looks like they s/b 3A. SC has a small program in numbers, but is blessed w/ incredible players.  Last, whether 4A or 5A, they're all high school kids regardless of school size.

You are delusional DemDawgs. Remember we played yall pre-district so we saw your Freshman and JV teams. 20+ kids on each squad. So what you have 11 kids on Varsity?? You got at least 100 kids in your FB program. I will say this though. The cupboard is bare after your 2014 class! Enjoy it while it last and make the most of it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder