Bridge City Freshman/JV tourn 11/15 - 11/17

asary

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1334641" timestamp="1353162803"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=106303.msg1333738#msg1333738 date=1353122071]
It has been confirmed that Ned Freshman will not play the Ned JV tomorrow for the championship game. Ned Freshman will play Orange Field at 12 and Ned JV will play Westbrook at 1:20. The decision was made in the best interest of the program. I personally agree with the decision...
[/quote]

Just a question and not knocking Ned, But why put the Freshmen team in the JV tourney
then? Let'em play the JV.
[/quote]
Ned Freshman defeated a couple of JV team's in this tourney by 40/50 points. Just imagine the score against a Freshman team from those same schools-not pretty. Also, Ned entered a Freshman 'B' team to allow them more PT. This allows the Ned kids to improve by playing older kids from JV. I like the move by Coach E.

WB JV gave them a good game, but nobody else. If the Ned Freshmen play their own JV team, it's a lose-lose situation, IMO. Also, As 5 on 5 mentioned, they play each other every day in practice. They both need 'fresh blood' to compete against. The matchup between Ned JV and WB JV should be close, not sure about the Ned Fresh game Vs. OF JV...

Nederland's Freshman beat OF JV 67 to 32..... Great job Freshman Dog's  They went 4-0 in the JV bracket beating Buna, Bridge City and Westbrook. They let Westbrook play in there spot to allow them to play Nederlands JV for the Championship.  Final of that game 56-49 Westbrook. Westbrook walks away with 1st place trophy. IMO i think Westbrook should of handed over the 1st place trophy to team that beat them.

so you think its a great decision to not let the freshmen team  play for the championship,but then want wb to give them the trophy??total B.S.! DO YOU REALLY THINK THOSE NED. FRESHMEN WANT IT GIVEN TO THEM?I PROMISE YOU THEY ALL WANTED TO WIN IT ON THE COURT NO MATTER WHAT B.S. THE COACH FEEDS THEM.KEEP THE NEDERLAND LITTLE DRIBBERS CRAP OUT OF THE HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM  LOL!

I don't see how this has anything to do with Little Dribblers.  Coach English made a decision that he thought was in the best interest of the program.  Given his track record and what he has done with the program I am not prepared to second guess him and I don't think you are either.

Winning tournaments is great, but I think what he is doing has more to do with developing that group than bringing home trophies in November of their freshman year.  I think they got better and proved they could play with better competition this weekend.  No B.S. there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami