Kountze

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incognito123
[quote name="KingJames123" post="1331188" timestamp="1352996346"]
[quote author=concernedfortx link=topic=106198.msg1331121#msg1331121 date=1352992909]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106198.msg1330741#msg1330741 date=1352938961]
Grayland Arnold was your guy.  He would've led you to a playoff birth.  [b]Why fire Middleton though?  Sounds over reactive to me.  [/b] You guys act like you had expectation to live up to out there in Kountze
[/quote]

Sounds to me like jealousy.  You have a great guy that cares about the kids, cares about the program, and who just so happens to be a former NFL football player.  Too much positive attention on Middleton and not enough for the AD?  Just a thought...
[/quote]
Nobody is jealous.. but when the offensive coordinator was running 3 different qbs and there was no reason to..and that cost Kountze some games this year..idk what the reason was..also just because you play in the NFL doesn't mean your gonna be a great coach..But I hope the best for coach M
[/quote]

Its a dumb move.  You guys gave the man 1 year.  He had a senior QB, and a freshman QB.  Early on all of you were fine with the two of them rotating.  I remember threads about how it was an advantage.  Whatever.  Thsi si why Kountze has sucked and will always suck. 

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1334661" timestamp="1353164529"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106198.msg1331188#msg1331188 date=1352996346]
[quote author=concernedfortx link=topic=106198.msg1331121#msg1331121 date=1352992909]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106198.msg1330741#msg1330741 date=1352938961]
Grayland Arnold was your guy.  He would've led you to a playoff birth.  [b]Why fire Middleton though?  Sounds over reactive to me.  [/b] You guys act like you had expectation to live up to out there in Kountze
[/quote]

Sounds to me like jealousy.  You have a great guy that cares about the kids, cares about the program, and who just so happens to be a former NFL football player.  Too much positive attention on Middleton and not enough for the AD?  Just a thought...
[/quote]
Nobody is jealous.. but when the offensive coordinator was running 3 different qbs and there was no reason to..and that cost Kountze some games this year..idk what the reason was..also just because you play in the NFL doesn't mean your gonna be a great coach..But I hope the best for coach M
[/quote]

Its a dumb move.  You guys gave the man 1 year.  He had a senior QB, and a freshman QB.  Early on all of you were fine with the two of them rotating.  I remember threads about how it was an advantage.  Whatever.  Thsi si why Kountze has sucked and will always suck.
[/quote]
See you know nothing lol..Kountze had a junior.. a sophomore.. and a freshman.. He rotated all 3...a blind man could see who the best of the three was..and who wasn't.. he continued to start the junior when clearly the other two were better..2 of Kountze's district losses came down to the last drive (Woodville and Anahuac).. he puts in the Junior in both situations and you get 2 INT that end thgame..so check your facts before you bash Kountze

KingJames123-"See you know nothing lol..Kountze had a junior.. a sophomore.. and a freshman.. He rotated all 3...a blind man could see who the best of the three was..and who wasn't.. he continued to start the junior when clearly the other two were better..2 of Kountze's district losses came down to the last drive (Woodville and Anahuac).. he puts in the Junior in both situations and you get 2 INT that end thgame..so check your facts before you bash Kountze"

And just who are you saying the best of the three was? Let me guess...Harper, who just happens to be Coach Harper's son! Franklin wanted Harper played. Jealousy and revenge was the motive behind this. Kountze has a bad case of the "good ol' boy" syndrome.

Coach Middleton only had THREE starters returning this year! Kountze Team Preview specifically states: "...as only three starters return from last year.  Returning to run the offense will be quarterback Kole Williams (18-32, 250 yd in 2011).  But if Williams falters, look for sophomore Justin Harper to be the starter."

Coach Middleton brought out a lot of players out to football, those that would normally solely go out for basketball!  Coach Middleton was a great asset to Kountze...most wins this year in how long boys?

Coach Franklin-Coaching Record:  1st year at Kountze, 14-15 overall. Things that make you go hmm.......

[quote name="concernedfortx" post="1334983" timestamp="1353181829"]
KingJames123-"See you know nothing lol..Kountze had a junior.. a sophomore.. and a freshman.. He rotated all 3...a blind man could see who the best of the three was..and who wasn't.. he continued to start the junior when clearly the other two were better..2 of Kountze's district losses came down to the last drive (Woodville and Anahuac).. he puts in the Junior in both situations and you get 2 INT that end thgame..so check your facts before you bash Kountze"

And just who are you saying the best of the three was? Let me guess...Harper, who just happens to be Coach Harper's son! Franklin wanted Harper played. Jealousy and revenge was the motive behind this. Kountze has a bad case of the "good ol' boy" syndrome.
Your an idiot
Coach Middleton only had THREE starters returning this year! Kountze Team Preview specifically states: "...as only three starters return from last year.  Returning to run the offense will be quarterback Kole Williams (18-32, 250 yd in 2011).  But if Williams falters, look for sophomore Justin Harper to be the starter."

Coach Middleton brought out a lot of players out to football, those that would normally solely go out for basketball!  Coach Middleton was a great asset to Kountze...most wins this year in how long boys?

Coach Franklin-Coaching Record:  1st year at Kountze, 14-15 overall. Things that make you go hmm.......
[/quote]

[quote name="concernedfortx" post="1334983" timestamp="1353181829"]

[/quote]
clearly you have not seen a single Kountze game this year. For one, Justin Harper is Coach Harpers brother not his son...shows how much you know. And The Kid that Middleton wanted to start was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! people that know nothing about the team except a team preview on the internet need to stay out of Kountzes business.

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1335507" timestamp="1353199189"]
[quote author=concernedfortx link=topic=106198.msg1334983#msg1334983 date=1353181829]

[/quote]
clearly you have not seen a single Kountze game this year. For one, Justin Harper is Coach Harpers brother not his son...shows how much you know. And The Kid that Middleton wanted to start was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! people that know nothing about the team except a team preview on the internet need to stay out of Kountzes business.
[/quote]
Exactly!!

Guest incognito123
[quote name="KingJames123" post="1334670" timestamp="1353165183"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106198.msg1334661#msg1334661 date=1353164529]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106198.msg1331188#msg1331188 date=1352996346]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
See you know nothing lol..Kountze had a junior.. a sophomore.. and a freshman.. He rotated all 3...a blind man could see who the best of the three was..and who wasn't.. he continued to start the junior when clearly the other two were better..2 of Kountze's district losses came down to the last drive (Woodville and Anahuac).. he puts in the Junior in both situations and you get 2 INT that end thgame..so check your facts before you bash Kountze
[/quote]

Say what you like, but this year could've been special for Kountze.  You guys got sidetracked by federal court cases and run through signs.  Coach Franklin allowed all of that to go on and allowed it to become a distraction to his players.  If you  want to hang that on Coach Middleton, go ahead and do so.  Most of us who are level headed know the truth.  If you guys had left Coach Dale alone, and allowed him to coach this group of athletes, it could've been a great season in Kountze.  Instead, he was run out of town, and now a baseball coach heads up your football program, and ya'll are running off one of the only true football guys on the staff.  Sounds logical to me!

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1336025" timestamp="1353250649"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106198.msg1334670#msg1334670 date=1353165183]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106198.msg1334661#msg1334661 date=1353164529]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Say what you like, but this year could've been special for Kountze.  You guys got sidetracked by federal court cases and run through signs.  [color=red][b]Coach Franklin allowed all of that to go on and allowed it to become a distraction to his players.[/b][/color]  If you  want to hang that on Coach Middleton, go ahead and do so.  Most of us who are level headed know the truth.  If you guys had left Coach Dale alone, and allowed him to coach this group of athletes, it could've been a great season in Kountze.  Instead, he was run out of town, and now a baseball coach heads up your football program, and ya'll are running off one of the only true football guys on the staff.  Sounds logical to me!
[/quote]
I'm an outsider, but how could the head coach have anything to do with what went on between the cheerleaders and their parents and the Superintendent and how could he have controlled it? I know Kountze had more athleticism on the field than in years past and also won more games than in years past. Three QB's does not allow any one of them to get into a flow of the game IMO, but the head coach has to bare some blame for that. He is the ultimate decision maker, not just the offensive coordinator. 

Guest incognito123
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1336521" timestamp="1353278114"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106198.msg1336025#msg1336025 date=1353250649]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106198.msg1334670#msg1334670 date=1353165183]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Say what you like, but this year could've been special for Kountze.  You guys got sidetracked by federal court cases and run through signs.  [color=red][b]Coach Franklin allowed all of that to go on and allowed it to become a distraction to his players.[/b][/color]  If you  want to hang that on Coach Middleton, go ahead and do so.  Most of us who are level headed know the truth.  If you guys had left Coach Dale alone, and allowed him to coach this group of athletes, it could've been a great season in Kountze.  Instead, he was run out of town, and now a baseball coach heads up your football program, and ya'll are running off one of the only true football guys on the staff.  Sounds logical to me!
[/quote]
I'm an outsider, but how could the head coach have anything to do with what went on between the cheerleaders and their parents and the Superintendent and how could he have controlled it? I know Kountze had more athleticism on the field than in years past and also won more games than in years past. Three QB's does not allow any one of them to get into a flow of the game IMO, but the head coach has to bare some blame for that. He is the ultimate decision maker, not just the offensive coordinator. 
[/quote]

In most towns, head coaches have the final say in what does and does not go on at their fields on Friday night.  If Franklin wanted them to stop being a distraction, he could've made it stop.  Talk to the right people.  Do not allow the team to be a part of the mayhem.  But he didn't.  Everytime you turned around another player was on the news talking about the situation.  Thats what this season in Kounze became about.  Signs and cheerleaders instead of players winning games. 

I'm not even getting into this other than to say when HD played Kountze early in the season, they were for real. That's where the original cheerleader run through sign was at. I don't know if they got distracted, coaching fell apart, the QB situation caused issues or what, but when they played HD, that was a playoff team at the 2A level. I really felt like they would compete with EC for 2nd in that district. As far as the QB goes, I know HD fans were happy everytime we saw Teel in the game at QB. When the freshman Arnold came in, we held our breath. That kid should have been the QB all season in my opinion, freshman or not. The kid is electric and that is the truth. The Harpers were playing RB/WR on offense, and DB when I saw them play, so not sure if Justin Harper was better than Arnold, but I highly doubt it. Both those kids needed to be on the field at all times, and with Arnold at QB they were.

Like I said, the Kountze team I saw was legit and an 8 win 2A team in my opinion. Heck they beat 3A Shepherd who narrowly missed the playoffs and knocked off Huffman. I think it never came together after the first few weeks of the season. Hopefully Kountze will regroup next year and settle on Arnold at QB.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1337284" timestamp="1353358704"]
bring the pain just has issues with GOD being mentioned at a football game...
[/quote]

Right...that's my issue. 

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1335507" timestamp="1353199189"]
[quote author=concernedfortx link=topic=106198.msg1334983#msg1334983 date=1353181829]

[/quote]
[/quote]

When you start such a controversial subject,You can expect this....Everyone has the answers.. ;) ::) ::)

[/quote]          You should be ashamed of yourself. This isn't the NFL. These are high school kids. There is no need to call anyone horrible. I'm sure you're real successful at whatever you do. If you have a job. Try supporting your players                                                                                                           

Guest kountzemania
WOW! I was very close to the situation in Kountze. Coach Middleton had more issues than just running three QB's he had issues with not respecting the direction of his boss "Coach Franklin" ! things came to a head on a couple of occasions about changing the direction of the offense and refusal's were issued. Coach Franklin tried to respect the fraternity of coaching and allow him his direction but ultimately when a an Offensive Coordinator refuses to even debate the issues at hand it leads one to not see a very bright future. Coach Middleton is knowledgeable in football but one also has to be approachable and amiable. It takes a team of Coaches as well as a team of kids. Not to mention in the middle of all this Coach Franklin was very sick and hospitalized for a week missing most of the prior week and part of his return week. Further more when Lance Dale left ,on his own accord and against the wishes of the board and administration; Franklin had a whole three weeks to step in and take a program over. A program that was now missing an additional three coaches (including a loss of three or four female coaches) and a bit of internal coaching strife. As far as I am concerned he did a great job pulling it all together. Now because of the lack of time to pull a staff together, it issued some challenges. Challenges like being able to have a bigger pool of applicants and more stringent interview process. This man did the best he could and he made the decision, no one else, to end his relationship as well as the districts relationship with Coach Middleton. Now, as far as kids and their performances, well I proud of all of them and the effort they gave. Coach Franklin is supported and he is in for the long haul and as far as a the comment about a Baseball Coach running your Football program, thats a bunch of crap! Those attacking our Cheerleaders and Sponsors, give me a break! Better than that give them the respect you would want yourself and keep it to yourself! Good luck Coach Franklin, keep your chin up and know you are supported and thanks for the hard work and successes in the face of such adversity!   

Guest kountzemania
Enough is enough, folks who have no idea of a situation just need to keep all the inflammatory bogus info laden comments out of the discussion. Not many people knew the situation going on and trust me their is even more to the story but it does not need to be discussed in a public forum. I respect Coach Franklin for being the kinda man he is and just sit back and take all the negative press on this issue from people who only know a very small factual part of the story. Coach Franklin could have released a statement but instead took the high road. All you guys from Kountze or support Kountze; get behind our guy and support him. You do not have to agree with him on all things or really like him, but you need to support him. The only way to change the record and perception of Kountze athletics is for folks to just get behind the guy we got right now and help him push this program up the steep hill! Don't be a part of more embarrassment, be a part of restoring some pride to our program.