Woodard calls out quitters after Lamar win

Guest incognito123
And Herschel Sims jumps on Twitter and says he didn't quit.  He said that the coach asked him to clean out his locker when he told him he wasn't coming back next year.  But he didn't quit... ::)

why would rayray call out the fans? the team is terrible and i dont put the blame solely on the players...at times the team has looked unprepared this season..and that falls on coaching...sorry rayray...u will not fill the stands winning only 3-5 games a season...

I've given Woodard the benefit of the doubt the last 2 years, but calling out fans twice this season is not smart.  I've had season tickets and a tailgating spot since day 1 when the program was brought back and he's calling me out.  I didn't go to the game yesterday, I stayed home and watched the biggest game of the day with family and friends who I tailgate with.  My biggest problem with Lamar is I don't see any improvement from year 1 to now year 3.  3-5 and only winning one conference game is not going to cut it.  I'll renewal my season tickets and tailgating spot again next year, but better results are expected.  Not smart Woodard on calling out the fans.  Get Better!!!!

I was disappointed in Saturday's attendance, but I don't think this season's attendance warranted what I would term as a "Burn the Bridges" type of statement by Coach Woodard with his calling out the fans.  Just for comparison below is the conference's average attendance according to today's NCAA statistics through November 11.  [url=http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp]http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp[/url]

FCS Attendance ranking is to the left of team.  SLC record and overall records to the right.

23.  McNeese - 12,237 3-3 6-4  (Receiving votes in the Coaches and The Sports Network FCS poll  11/5/2012)
25.  Lamar - 11,119  1-5  4-7
36.  SHSU - 9,352* 6-1 8-2  (#3 in Coaches and The Sports Network FCS poll  11/5/2012)
40.  UCA - 8,909  6-1  8-2  (#13 in Coaches and #14 in The Sports Network FCS poll  11/5/2012)
43.  NWSU - 8,759  2-4 4-6
76.  SFA - 6,301*  3-4 4-6
81.  Nicholls State - 5,651 0-6 1-8
85.  SELU - 5,266  4-2 4-6

*SHSU vs SFA game at Houston's Reliant Stadium pulled in 26,185
** SFA, UCA, and McNeese have one home game remaining this season.

Just for grins, there are three FBS programs below us in average attendance this year.

Akron - 9,275
San Jose State - 9,228
Eastern Michigan - 4,437

Why should I spend my money to see Lamar beat on teams like Langston or McMurray? Calling out fans to see an inferior product is not a good move Coach.
In the business world, if your product stinks and people stop visiting your store, you go out of business.
Three years is enough time to see some improvement Coach, and I see none.

I disagree that there has been no improvement in three years.  Lamar has improved, although not by a great margin.

Lamar needs consistency by playing well for two halves.  In several of the games this season, Lamar played either a good first half or a good second half.  For example, Lamar played pretty well in the first half against Sam Houston but let the game get away in the second half.  They played poorly in the first half against Central Ark but outscored them in the second half.

The areas that Lamar must improve are consistency, special teams, and cut down on the turnovers.

Lamar has a great opportunity to end the season on a positive note by beating McNeese.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12