Andy Griffin - 1975

Gary Sutton - 1982

Fred Bolton - 1985

Terry Townzen - 1990

Les Johnson - 1995

James Conway - 1999

Claude Tarver - 2002

New Coach - 2007

What is that, about 11 coaches in 51 years? If you take out Chief Wilson, the average Head Coach stay's about 4yrs. Anybody know why this is in BC? Judging strictly from the pictures, it doesn't look like they've hired a young guy at BC since Fred Bolton, 20 years ago.

We should make a poll on how long the new coach will stay

1-3yrs

4-7yrs

Longer

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briggs is qualified, maybe not on paper, but he is more than qualified.  He would be an outstanding head football coach.  From the list I have read on this website, BC will get a quality coach anyway you look at it. 

What exactly qualifies him for the job?  Being a head basketball coach is far different from being an AD.  You can't say he is qualified for the job when he is not.  How would you feel if someone took your job who had no experience or qualifications just because they were a nice guy or a hometown guy?  You probably wouldn't be to happy about that.  What would happen if he did get the job and BC loses for the next couple of years?  Would you still be saying that he was qualified?  No.  You would be asking why BC hired a coach who was not qualified for the job. 

Guest Sports Cards

From KOGT.com

Searle Walton - 1956

Glen Buffalo - 1957

Joe Van Breeman - 1960

Chief Wilson - 1962

Andy Griffin - 1975

Gary Sutton - 1982

Fred Bolton - 1985

Terry Townzen - 1990

Les Johnson - 1995

James Conway - 1999

Claude Tarver - 2002

New Coach - 2007

What is that, about 11 coaches in 51 years? If you take out Chief Wilson, the average Head Coach stay's about 4yrs. Anybody know why this is in BC? Judging strictly from the pictures, it doesn't look like they've hired a young guy at BC since Fred Bolton, 20 years ago.

We should make a poll on how long the new coach will stay

1-3yrs

4-7yrs

Longer

I vote longer than 7 years. There are a lot of good things in place for BC.

Well, form reading others post on here he has a masters in ADMINISTRATION and is a principal right now, which makes him more qualified for an AD job than some people that got interviewed. I am sure that as a principal he would have to hire and fire people, do budgets, as well as set some kind of campus plan for the building that he is in charge of. I am sure there are people that got interviews that have zero qualifications in that part of the job. But no coaching for a while would have hurt him.

Guest licketysplit

[glow=red,2,300]Powers that be" holding grudges.  I've heard that is a problem in BC.  The "Powers" should be doing everything and anything that would be in the best interest of the KIDS!  That should be the bottom line.  Whether you like someone, dislike someone, hold a grudge, etc.......is not important.  If the "Powers that be" are doing this, then something is wrong!  Nothing or no one should stand in the way of doing whats right for our KIDS![/glow]

Well as for the powers that be, it is true, and they do hold grudges...........Plain and simple.  Sad but true........its there way or no way.  Been like that for years, not changing unless certain people leave.  AS for the hiring of someone not qualified.......Maybe Briggs could be an AD, but not Head football coach.  Unfortunately the position is for both.  You would have to have some experience to become HD football coach.  Until places make the AD job separate like it should be, and the almighty saving of dollars says IT aint happening, things will always be Football first.  So you have to have some experience to qualify you for the job, coordinator, Hd, something.

I agree bout the football part of the Briggs talk. I was talking about the comment that he was not qualified for AD. Should be fun to see what takes place.

Guest Sports Cards

Briggs would have been a good facilitator. Matthews a good Motivator. But those are not the guys that are going to get the job, and so it's really a mute point now. 56 guys applied for this job, who are not going to be the next BC head coach. I'm just excited about finding out who the 1 highly qualified coach is going to be to lead this young team next season. My guess is that whoever it is, is going to be well deserving of the position, and whoever it is will realize they are walking into a pretty good school, with some great kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder