Bridge City AD

Guest Football

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know it wouldnt happen in a million years but if he didnt have to be AD....i would bring him back as head football coach....he got us competetive in 4a where no one else could..i admit he had some very strange ways but he got the job done...

Guest someonespecial

This AD thing at BC has me angry and embarrassed.

How can someone:

* teach and coach for 20 plus years in your district, AND

* get recognized as Educator of the Year, AND

* have the respect of NEARLY EVERY PLAYER he has come into contact with, and we're talking thousands now... LITERALLY THOUSANDS...

* have the respect of NEARLY EVERY TEACHER, CO-WORKER, AND ADMINISTRATOR he has come into contact with, AND

* be thought of as an extremely dedicated professional and motivator of kids, AND

* have over 23 years of teaching experience - 3 years of administrative experience as well, AND

* be one of the most well-liked guys in the community, AND

* have some of the strongest credentials from "the infamous pool of 55", AND

* be a genuine BC guy to the bone, AND

NOT EVEN GET AN INTERVIEW?

It's a downright embarrassment for BCISD and the people who know what's going on that

Richard Briggs has not gotten an interview.

You would think that 20 years of sweat and dedication to your school would earn you an hour or two in an interview. But I guess that's too much to ask.

Even if he's not the guy you want for the job, are you telling me you can't even listen to him for an hour or two? Has he not earned that?

It's unbelievable - no EMBARRASSING for BCISD.

I guess we're telling our employees service doesn't amount or count for anything these days.

20 years is a long time.

How can someone:

* have the respect of NEARLY EVERY PLAYER he has come into contact with, and we're talking thousands now... LITERALLY THOUSANDS...

* have the respect of NEARLY EVERY TEACHER, CO-WORKER, AND ADMINISTRATOR he has come into contact with, AND

* be thought of as an extremely dedicated professional and motivator of kids, AND

* have over 23 years of teaching experience - 3 years of administrative experience as well, AND

It's a downright embarrassment for BCISD and the people who know what's going on that

You would think that 20 years of sweat and dedication to your school would earn you an hour or two in an interview. But I guess that's too much to ask.

Even if he's not the guy you want for the job, are you telling me you can't even listen to him for an hour or two? Has he not earned that?

I guess we're telling our employees service doesn't amount or count for anything these days.

20 years is a long time.

I hear you. Nothing suprises me in the public education system.

SomeoneSpecial - I can understand how you feel.  It is embarassing.  Makes you wonder????  I am also wondering why Jeff Mathews didn't get an interview.  He has not worked as long as Briggs (he's younger) and has not worked at BC at all.  Yet, his family is from BC, he graduated from BC, he was the first football player to get a scholarship in about 20 years, his brother graduated from BC and went pro in fball, his sister was an excellent BC athlete & now works for BC and his mother served many years as a BCISD employee.  A courtesy interview would have been nice.  I am not trying to convince anyone that Mathews or Briggs would be the best one for the job.  I am simply wondering what in the world is going on.  When you look at the history of these two men and realize that they either (#1) left Bridge City for another job or (#2) didn't accept a job with Bridge City in the past, it makes someone wonder if a personal grudge up top isn't getting in the way of doing what might be best for the kids.  Who's in charge anyway????

THE LIST...........has been hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls porch since noon Thursday........(you old timers understand!) ;D

her·met·ic  (hr-mtk) also her·met·i·cal (--kl)

adj.

1. Completely sealed, especially against the escape or entry of air.

2. Impervious to outside interference or influence: the hermetic confines of an isolated life.

3. often Hermetic

a. Mythology Of or relating to Hermes Trismegistus or the works ascribed to him.

b. Having to do with the occult sciences, especially alchemy; magical.

Les Johnson?????  Is this the guy that went through 40 something coaches in 4 years at BC?  That speaks real highly about his skills as an AD. And the fact that he got dismissed from his last job before football even started. How did he turn things around??? If im not mistaken he went 6-4 two times with no playoff trips and in his other two years he went 2-8!!! Lost to PNG when he was up 12 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

They are holding out for the "big tuna"

I am sorry, I must correct some bad info I put on my last post about Johnson's records at BC. I went to kogt.com and looked at the schools history.

Les Johnson

1995-  3-7

1996-  6-3-1

1997-  2-8

1998-  6-4

4 years at BC 17-22-1

Terry Townzen

1990-  3-7

1991-  5-5

1992-  4-6

1993-  5-5

1994-  3-7

5 years at BC    20-30

Big turnaround!

When Johnson left BC didn't they go 0-10 the next year?

Guest Bridge City Card

I am sorry, I must correct some bad info I put on my last post about Johnson's records at BC. I went to kogt.com and looked at the schools history.

Les Johnson

1995-  3-7

1996-  6-3-1

1997-  2-8

1998-  6-4

4 years at BC 17-22-1

Terry Townzen

1990-  3-7

1991-  5-5

1992-  4-6

1993-  5-5

1994-  3-7

5 years at BC     20-30

Big turnaround!

When Johnson left BC didn't they go 0-10 the next year?

I guess you weren't a Les fan?

I have no dog in the fight. I just wanted to know how the guy turned the program around? I do know people that worked for him and they are not his fans at all. How do you rank a guy ahead of people that had winning records and went to the playoffs. Conway went to the state semi's and tarver went to the final 8. Im not from BC, just know people that worked for him and was wondering how he turned it all around, thats all.

Guest Bridge City Card

How can someone:

20 years is a long time.

Well said!! Can someone PLEASE tell me why this man isn't getting an interview?????

I heard the likely reason Briggs wasn't given an interview was because he had left athletics twice in his career. 

Now, I DO NOT KNOW if that is true....just what I heard, so don't shoot me!  Personally, I like Briggs and think he would have done a fine job.  I also think Bolton would do a fine job, but I doubt someone already on the staff will get it....we don't do things that way, for some reason. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder