1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1327202" timestamp="1352637575"]
Someone in Vidor better get a bif truck of ducktape.  That black Pearl is going to be shot full of holes come next weekend.  This will be a blow-out.
[/quote]
what's a bif truck? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dwait, you been watching back to the future?

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1327204" timestamp="1352637888"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106059.msg1327202#msg1327202 date=1352637575]
Someone in Vidor better get a bif truck of ducktape.  That black Pearl is going to be shot full of holes come next weekend.  This will be a blow-out.
[/quote]
what's a bif truck? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dwait, you been watching back to the future?
[/quote]

I was speaking with a lisp.......that way those South of I-10 could understand it.  ;D ;D

A very good football team will be one and done after round one! I have said for several years that the Vidor offense is a great equalizer against many smaller 4A's, but the larger schools with D1 talent all over the field will stuff it, so you gotta be balanced come playoff time. I ask again when was the last time you seen a misdirection running attack win a 4A or 5A state title? So unfortunately for the Pirates, they meet that big fast team in round 1 this year. And to top it all off they have to play them in their own backyard! Good luck Pirates. Tall order, even though I expect an SC win, this Indian fan will be rooting for the Pirates.

[quote name="badndn" post="1327229" timestamp="1352639931"]
A very good football team will be one and done after round one! I have said for several years that the Vidor offense is a great equalizer against many smaller 4A's, but the larger schools with D1 talent all over the field will stuff it, so you gotta be balanced come playoff time. I ask again when was the last time you seen a misdirection running attack win a 4A or 5A state title? So unfortunately for the Pirates, they meet that big fast team in round 1 this year. And to top it all off they have to play them in their own backyard! Good luck Pirates. Tall order, even though I expect an SC win, this Indian fan will be rooting for the Pirates.
[/quote]Just stay focused Pirates. Rooting for my alma mater. Go Pirates............

[quote name="ram0524" post="1327350" timestamp="1352647672"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=106059.msg1327199#msg1327199 date=1352637282]
what's with all this ,if vidor gets down it's over because we can'tplay from behind. does anyone remember the ozen came?
[/quote]
Coming back and beating Ozen is way differnt then coming back on SC
[/quote]
It's not the teams that we were comparing. It's just the fact that a lot of people are like Vidor can't come back from behind and we were saying that we have already done that this year.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1327351" timestamp="1352647853"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106059.msg1327350#msg1327350 date=1352647672]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=106059.msg1327199#msg1327199 date=1352637282]
what's with all this ,if vidor gets down it's over because we can'tplay from behind. does anyone remember the ozen came?
[/quote]
[/quote]
It's not the teams that we were comparing. It's just the fact that a lot of people are like Vidor can't come back from behind and we were saying that we have already done that this year.
[/quote] Looking forward to spanking another 20-4A team ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1327352" timestamp="1352648030"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1327351#msg1327351 date=1352647853]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106059.msg1327350#msg1327350 date=1352647672]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] Looking forward to spanking another 20-4A team ;)
[/quote]
Looking forward to feeding y'all some humble pie lol.

I have only got to watch the pirates 1 game in each of the past 2 seasons, and in both games I was amazed at how hard they played.  They play with passion.  They realize they will not be the bigger or faster team, but they play without fear.  Never underestimate the heart of a warrior.

[quote name="coach wade" post="1327368" timestamp="1352649876"]
I have only got to watch the pirates 1 game in each of the past 2 seasons, and in both games I was amazed at how hard they played.  They play with passion.  They realize they will not be the bigger or faster team, but they play without fear.  Never underestimate the heart of a warrior.
[/quote]Sorry but the heart of a warrior will not be enough this time. :'(  SC (and this pains me greatly :o) 42  Vidor  13.  To much speed and size up front and I don't think you will be able to cover all their receivers.  SC qb is for real, can find his receivers anywhere on the football in or out of pocket or on a broken play.  They will not play possum anymore.  And yes I'm saying this because they beat us and everyone else in 19 4a.  Seeing is beleiving. :(

I think maybe dayton fans are putting a little to much stock in the sc win over dayton. It pains me to say dayton has gradually been getting worse as the season has progressed. Dayton only managed 1 offensive td on a broken play against bh. Dayton is just not that good right now and I dont know if they can fix their problems in a week. At this point vidorr is much better coached than the team sc just played. I think this will be a good game

Here are the stats of the two teams.
Vidor:
4368 total yards on the season averaging 436.8 yards a game. 4042 of those coming from rushing. And 326 of that being passing. Averaging 42 points a game. All those stats are leading 20-4A I might add. Meanwhile our defense is averaging 232 yards a game and giving up 16.5 points a game.

Summer Creek:
They have 4410 total yards his season averaging 441 yards a game. 1881 of that coming on the ground and 2529 of that coming from the air. They average 48.1 points a game. Meanwhile there defense is giving up 244.9 yards a game and 11.5 points a game.

Now if look at it this way summer creek isn't the giant that people are making them out to be.

Both teams are going to get to see what real good looks like, should be a slobber-knocker of a ball game. This one will be well worth the price of admission, and I see it too close to call to make any predictions. Summers Creek has played like a machine all year, plus they are big, fast, and athletic. Vidor matches up pretty well, imo, and they are a hard nosed, gritty team. The Pirates will not go away, period. Good luck to both teams, and roll on the Mighty Black Pearl......

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1327460" timestamp="1352658702"]
One reason Summer Creek is so good, is because many of the starters began playing at age 4-5 with Humble Area Football League. They have played together for almost 10 years. And they all are only juniors. So next year will be even better.
[/quote]then why are the freshman so bad and jv isnt much better. What grade is #44 in.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1327460" timestamp="1352658702"]
One reason Summer Creek is so good, is because many of the starters began playing at age 4-5 with Humble Area Football League. They have played together for almost 10 years. And they all are only juniors. So next year will be even better.
[/quote]

I agree. Our Lb crew will still be good after loosing a couple of good seniors....#40 is having an awesome season, he will be back, #41 is good, he'll be back, #45, and a couple of others....our Dline will be great again, safeties will be back, corners will lose the starters, but we had 2 young guys behind them that are good!

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1327464" timestamp="1352659183"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106059.msg1327460#msg1327460 date=1352658702]
[/quote]then why are the freshman so bad and jv isnt much better. What grade is #44 in.
[/quote]

We have a lot of great juniors on that team. Our Younger groups are never good, it's talent on those teams, but for some reason as a team, they don't play we'll. #44 is a senior