1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1327986" timestamp="1352706697"]
[quote author=TribePride link=topic=106059.msg1326021#msg1326021 date=1352526163]
How good is SC's run defense?
[/quote]

They are legit!  Very hard hitting.
[/quote]
When it comes to Vidor hard hitting does not matter. Discipline, discipline, discipline. One wrong assignment and they are off for the races.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1328020" timestamp="1352724568"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=106059.msg1327986#msg1327986 date=1352706697]
[quote author=TribePride link=topic=106059.msg1326021#msg1326021 date=1352526163]
How good is SC's run defense?
[/quote]

They are legit!  Very hard hitting.
[/quote]
When it comes to Vidor hard hitting does not matter. Discipline, discipline, discipline. One wrong assignment and they are off for the races.
[/quote]
Bingo!!!!

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1326140" timestamp="1352551126"]
ZERO chance Vidor even makes this close.
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

Problem with you folks out of 19 4A is any other time, similar opponent scores would mean something.  Has SC played a Wing T offense?  Vidor plays spread offenses all year!  Let the game play out.  You might just be surprised.  Regardless of stats, Vidor will still have the best player on the field.  On both sides of the ball.  In High School Football, that actually does mean something.

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1328087" timestamp="1352730812"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106059.msg1326140#msg1326140 date=1352551126]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

Problem with you folks out of 19 4A is any other time, similar opponent scores would mean something.  Has SC played a Wing T offense?  Vidor plays spread offenses all year!  Let the game play out.  You might just be surprised.  Regardless of stats, Vidor will still have the best player on the field.  On both sides of the ball.  In High School Football, that actually does mean something.
[/quote]

They gave us no chance last year against Crosby and Montgomery also....

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1328087" timestamp="1352730812"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106059.msg1326140#msg1326140 date=1352551126]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

Problem with you folks out of 19 4A is any other time, similar opponent scores would mean something.  [b]Has SC played a Wing T offense? [/b]  Vidor plays spread offenses all year!  Let the game play out.  You might just be surprised.  Regardless of stats, [b]Vidor will still have the best player on the field. [/b]  On both sides of the ball.  In High School Football, that actually does mean something.
[/quote]First of all you run a slot-t, second of all you definitely won't have the best player on the field and maybe not even the third or fourth. Vidor barely had 300 total yards on Crosby and they kept the ball the whole game. Vidor only averaged 4 ypc while Crosby averaged almost 10. They don't break long runs on teams that can easily catch them. They gain three for four at a time, keep the clock moving and try to play mistake free. I see one Vidor fan say they can play from behind and if you "remembered the Ozen game". Vidor's game is to get you down then try to run the clock out. If you get down like you did to Angleton last year and try to throw a forward pass you get your head beat in. First you shouldn't have been down to Ozen, second comparing Ozen to SC is like comparing Crosby to North Shore, not in the same area code. Look at it this way though Pirate fans, after SC kicks you teeth in this year, you get a rematch again in the first round next year. That's if you don't stick to your normal ebb and flow of being decent, then going 2-8 or 3-7. No Montana next year either . . . . 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1328111" timestamp="1352731877"]
[quote author=Curelover32 link=topic=106059.msg1328087#msg1328087 date=1352730812]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

Problem with you folks out of 19 4A is any other time, similar opponent scores would mean something.  [b]Has SC played a Wing T offense? [/b]  Vidor plays spread offenses all year!  Let the game play out.  You might just be surprised.  Regardless of stats, [b]Vidor will still have the best player on the field. [/b]  On both sides of the ball.  In High School Football, that actually does mean something.
[/quote]First of all you run a slot-t, second of all you definitely won't have the best player on the field and maybe not even the third or fourth. Vidor barely had 300 total yards on Crosby and they kept the ball the whole game. Vidor only averaged 4 ypc while Crosby averaged almost 10. They don't break long runs on teams that can easily catch them. They gain three for four at a time, keep the clock moving and try to play mistake free. I see one Vidor fan say they can play from behind and if you "remembered the Ozen game". Vidor's game is to get you down then try to run the clock out. If you get down like you did to Angleton last year and try to throw a forward pass you get your head beat in. First you shouldn't have been down to Ozen, second comparing Ozen to SC is like comparing Crosby to North Shore, not in the same area code. Look at it this way though Pirate fans, after SC kicks you teeth in this year, you get a rematch again in the first round next year. That's if you don't stick to your normal ebb and flow of being decent, then going 2-8 or 3-7. No Montana next year either . . . .
[/quote]
Two words man. Different year. You sure love to live in the past don't ya.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1328109" timestamp="1352731739"]
[quote author=Curelover32 link=topic=106059.msg1328087#msg1328087 date=1352730812]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

[/quote]

[b]They gave us no chance last year against Crosby and Montgomery also....[/b][/quote]To be totally honest though, y'all were 8-2 and we were 6-4 when we met. If you would have made a line it probably would have been Vidor -6.5 + another -3 for the homegame. Nobody thought y'all could win because your Vidor, no other reason. The more and more you run that gimmick offense the less effective it's going to be during the playoffs at the end of the season. Teams are going to have film, and when you start playing squads with disciplined athletes (playoffs) they're going to contain it. I just don't know if you can expect to make runs if you can't throw a forward pass. 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1328120" timestamp="1352732444"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1328111#msg1328111 date=1352731877]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

[/quote]
Two words man. Different year. You sure love to live in the past don't ya.
[/quote]

I never heard of a[b] one man[/b] foot-ball team..as far as living in the past iv"e grown tired of all the montana I need,And I'm sure i'm not the only one....I know I don't have to read it...just a little Black Pearl weary....lol..... ::) ::)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1328120" timestamp="1352732444"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1328111#msg1328111 date=1352731877]
[/quote]
For the 3rd Time...Geez
Summer Creek 53 PNG 14
Vidor 49 PNG 13.

[/quote]
[b]Two words man. Different year. You sure love to live in the past don't ya.[/b][/quote]Nah, I actually posted that for your future reference. You got Summer Creek this year and probably the next. This ain't Crosby, these boys beat you by two tds on a bad night. I wouldn't depend on Montana being able to get 40 pts by himself. Moore won't be a factor, they stopped O'neal and Walter and those guys are better. Just hard for me to see how Vidor consistently moves the ball on SC. If you have a couple three and outs early like Dayton it could be 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. I don't think Pirates like Pitbulls.

Well the ndn in me is pulling for vidor to pull it out. But the arm chair qb in me says summer creek wins big. They are 10-0 for a reason. They are that good. All I have to go by is what I have seen from png playing both teams,which isn't much because we lived in the cellar this year. If vidor could throw the ball they might stay close as I thought the secondary for sc was a lil suspect. Seems like we had a lil success throwing in front of the secondary. Against the run their linebackers are beasts. I don't believe that Vidor has much of a chance pulling this one out. The Dawgs are for real and I can't see anyway to disrespect them for that. Tough matchup for Pirates ,but this png fan is throwing my V's up for y'all, good luck hope noone gets hurt, hope the game is clean and go make 20-4a proud, geaux pirates!

not sure of the outcome, but I do know that SC will have to play a full 48 minutes to beat vidor...the Pirates will play hard for the entire game and SC will know they have been in a game...if BH gave them any kind of test with a backup QB, then vidor will test them as well.

Look, people tend to overreact after big lopsided blowouts like SC whipping Dayton last week...if you listen to some, based on what they saw last week, SC would win the BCS title this year and Dayton should really be 0-10...neither is true...SC is good and I suspect, really good, but no one is as good as some of the hype I am reading on here...this is HS football and anything can happen...nor do I believe that Dayton absolutely sucks after getting beat that bad...teams have bad nights...it doesn't mean you judge their whole season based on one bad night...is it good news for Dayton? no, just maybe not as bad as it is being made out to be

[quote name="Razor" post="1328175" timestamp="1352736724"]
not sure of the outcome, but I do know that SC will have to play a full 48 minutes to beat vidor...the Pirates will play hard for the entire game and SC will know they have been in a game...if BH gave them any kind of test with a backup QB, then vidor will test them as well.

Look, people tend to overreact after big lopsided blowouts like SC whipping Dayton last week...if you listen to some, based on what they saw last week, SC would win the BCS title this year and Dayton should really be 0-10...neither is true...SC is good and I suspect, really good, but no one is as good as some of the hype I am reading on here...this is HS football and anything can happen...nor do I believe that Dayton absolutely sucks after getting beat that bad...teams have bad nights...it doesn't mean you judge their whole season based on one bad night...is it good news for Dayton? no, just maybe not as bad as it is being made out to be
[/quote]
Exactły! Great post razor.

[/quote]

+1

[/quote] +1 good post

If you want to see what SC looks like, here you go. Look from time 1:59 on. They are the real deal. That QB is deadly accurate and can just flat out air it out. He will flush out of the pocket and hit recievers on the run. That #44 LB of theirs is crazy good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uInkRl1Bw0&list=UUlWf3UuM9T2O3HwAP9S0aaA&index=1&feature=plcp

[/quote]+1

[quote name="indianforever" post="1328243" timestamp="1352741426"]
i have family that lives in Summer Creek and a nephew who goes to that school district....would i be welcome to come sit on the Summer Creek side wearing my purple and white and cheer them on against Vidor?
[/quote]
We welcome everyone :)