VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

The entire school is only a few years old, and the Freshman, and JV programs are still developing. Frankly, JV, and Freshmen football is used to train players for Varsity.(like it has been for all of football history) It seems that Summer Creek freshmen, and JV has more emphasis on teaching the players the varsity play system, and preparing players individually for Varsity, and less emphasis on winning.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1327479" timestamp="1352660044"]
The entire school is only a few years old, and the Freshman, and JV programs are still developing. Frankly, JV, and Freshmen football is used to train players for Varsity.(like it has been for all of football history) It seems that Summer Creek freshmen, and JV has more emphasis on teaching the players the varsity play system, and preparing players individually for Varsity, and less emphasis on winning.
[/quote]

That makes a lot of sense

Someone just said they are a fairly new school.....so how exactly havr all these kids played together since such a young age?? I do know these kids from Vidor have been playing together since youth flag!! With some great coaches along the way.Vidor will always be the underdog!! BUT.....these kids have heart,they listen,and they've got your back!! I just DON'T see this being a blowout unless they get behind through mistakes.Good luck to all......but I'm pulling for the Black Pearl  ;D

I know i'm going to get a You said that about Crosby response.

I think SC wins and Wins pretty big. They are just clicking on all cylinders and are extremely good.

Also New school is an advantage for SC all these kids have been coached by the same coaches since there Frosh/Soph years and They are sharp in execution because they literally have been playing with the same offense for just as long, with the same pieces.

[quote name="watsx2" post="1327494" timestamp="1352661112"]
Someone just said they are a fairly new school.....so how exactly havr all these kids played together since such a young age?? I do know these kids from Vidor have done the playing together since youth flag!! With some great coaches along the way.Vidor will always be the underdog!! BUT.....these kids have heart,they listen,and they've got your back!! I just DON'T see this being a blowout unless they get behind through mistales.Good luck to all......but pulling for the Black Pearl  ;D
[/quote]

They all played together under little league football. The Humble Area Football League starts tackle football at age 4 or so. The HAFL has produced a number of NFL/MLB players: 

Aaron Glenn
David Boston
Jason Glenn
Bertrand Berry
David Givens
Sammy Davis
Quentin Griffin
Jackie Battle
Wilrey Fontenot
Michael Bourn
Jerrod Johnson
Etc.

The HAFL always has 500+ players in each season, and most of these players go on to play in HISD middle schools. (supplying 62 new players per school, on average)

Summer Creek High is only about 4 years old(Opening in 2009), and there has been only one graduating class.

[quote name="watsx2" post="1327532" timestamp="1352663247"]
Unfortunately........that doesn't mean anything......they aren't playing. That's just bragging by association.Sorry SC dad.....your opinion is just biased....hope your SC kid likes smashmouth football.
[/quote]
You should ask dayton if we play smashmouth football.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1327546" timestamp="1352664055"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1327532#msg1327532 date=1352663247]
Unfortunately........that doesn't mean anything......they aren't playing. That's just bragging by association.Sorry SC dad.....your opinion is just biased....hope your SC kid likes smashmouth football.
[/quote]
You should ask dayton if we play smashmouth football.
[/quote]please dont use dayton as a measuring stick. If your kids do vidor will beat them. I think sc will win but vidor will not lay down and is better coached right now.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1327504" timestamp="1352661451"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1327494#msg1327494 date=1352661112]
Someone just said they are a fairly new school.....so how exactly havr all these kids played together since such a young age?? I do know these kids from Vidor have done the playing together since youth flag!! With some great coaches along the way.Vidor will always be the underdog!! BUT.....these kids have heart,they listen,and they've got your back!! I just DON'T see this being a blowout unless they get behind through mistales.Good luck to all......but pulling for the Black Pearl  ;D
[/quote]

They all played together under little league football. The Humble Area Football League starts tackle football at age 4 or so. The HAFL has produced a number of NFL/MLB players: 

[b]Aaron Glenn[/b]
[b]David Boston[/b]
Jason Glenn
Bertrand Berry
David Givens
Sammy Davis
[b]Quentin Griffin[/b]
[b]Jackie Battle[/b]
[b]Wilrey Fontenot[/b]
Michael Bourn
[b]Jerrod Johnson[/b]
Etc.

The HAFL always has 500+ players in each season, and most of these players go on to play in HISD middle schools. (supplying 62 new players per school, on average)

Summer Creek High is only about 4 years old(Opening in 2009), and there has been only one graduating class.
[/quote]i remember those guys when they played

A very 1 dimensional Vidor wins if and only if Montana has a outstanding game. The hands down MVP of 20-4a. Compared to Kansas State's Collins Klien and The NFL New York Jets Tim Tebow. Not bad for a RB I must say!!  An lord forbid them to have to throw against a Summer Creek team that's on a roll. Vidor team and fans may our prayers be with you.

[quote name="ace2335" post="1327731" timestamp="1352683801"]
A very 1 dimensional Vidor wins if and only if Montana has a outstanding game. The hands down MVP of 20-4a. Compared to Kansas State's Collins Klien and The NFL New York Jets Tim Tebow. [b]Not bad for a RB I must say[/b]!!  An lord forbid them to have to throw against a Summer Creek team that's on a roll. Vidor team and fans may our prayers be with you.
[/quote]
He is actually the qb

[quote name="watsx2" post="1327532" timestamp="1352663247"]
[/quote]

No one is bragging. A question was asked as to how the players on Summer Creek have been able to play together, and background info was provided on the little league that they played in. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for Friday's game, let Vidor bring their smashmouth game, and Vidor will lose because of the excellent run defense that Summer Creek has developed over the last four games. Vidor will be forced to go to the air. If the Vidor offensive line has ANY weakness, Summer Creek linemen WILL get through, and WILL force the quarterback to scramble. The Summer Creek pass defense is good at covering recievers, and making it hard for them to get open. Then look for a lot of sacks, and loss of yardage. If Vidor decides to go to the air, but doesn't have a pinpoint, accurately passing quarterback, and quick receivers, then it will be game over.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1327741" timestamp="1352684258"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1327532#msg1327532 date=1352663247]
[/quote]

No one is bragging. A question was asked as to how the players on Summer Creek have been able to play together, and background info was provided on the little league that they played in. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for Friday's game, let Vidor bring their smashmouth game, and Vidor will lose because of the excellent run defense that Summer Creek has developed over the last four games. Vidor will be forced to go to the air. If the Vidor offensive line has ANY weakness, Summer Creek linemen WILL get through, and WILL force the quarterback to scramble. The Summer Creek pass defense is good at covering recievers, and making it hard for them to get open. Then look for a lot of sacks, and loss of yardage. If Vidor decides to go to the air, but doesn't have a pinpoint, accurately passing quarterback, and quick receivers, then it will be game over.
[/quote]
You really think that you will stop our rushing attack? Yes i know yall have some big dline guys but the fact is you [size=14pt][b]HAVE NOT[/b][/size] seen an offense like ours this year. Your dlinemen are big but what they gonna do when they don't know who has the ball. And i know they aren't fast enough to catch q or moore or novak once we get past em. Better hope your linebackers know how to play disciplined football cuz one mistake is all we need and we will take it to the house.

I warn you man. Do not underestimate us.  8)

Watching the Nederland vs Vidor game now. The Vidor run defense doesn't look strong. And Vidor looks undisciplined. Already have seen pass interference, and multiple offsides penalties. The pass offense of Vidor looks weak also. And Vidor has only attempted a few passes all year? Granted, the Nederland vs Vidor Game was over a month ago, so these problems may have been fixed.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1327773" timestamp="1352686029"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106059.msg1327771#msg1327771 date=1352685866]
Watching the Nederland vs Vidor game now. The Vidor run defense doesn't look strong.
[/quote]
Watching the BH SC game right now. The SC offense doesn't look that amazing either.
[/quote]
We aren't that amazing. ;)

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1327818" timestamp="1352687334"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1327773#msg1327773 date=1352686029]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106059.msg1327771#msg1327771 date=1352685866]
Watching the Nederland vs Vidor game now. The Vidor run defense doesn't look strong.
[/quote]
Watching the BH SC game right now. The SC offense doesn't look that amazing either.
[/quote]
We aren't that amazing. ;)
[/quote]
;D  8)

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1326323" timestamp="1352562672"]
Love being the underdog, I hope that SC coaches and players read this thread (I doubt they do) and over look the PIRATES, cause if they look ANY further then this game, watch out!

PIRATES WIN OMG PIRATES WIN.... ;D
[/quote]
Trust me, a lot of the kids read this crap EVERYDAY, and thanks you guys for the motivation. We're not looking past anyone!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1327826" timestamp="1352687563"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=106059.msg1326323#msg1326323 date=1352562672]
Love being the underdog, I hope that SC coaches and players read this thread (I doubt they do) and over look the PIRATES, cause if they look ANY further then this game, watch out!

PIRATES WIN OMG PIRATES WIN.... ;D
[/quote]
Trust me, a lot of the kids read this crap EVERYDAY, and [b]thanks you guys for the motivation.[/b] We're not looking past anyone!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]
Your not the only team that reads this buddy. We thank yall for the motivation as well.  8)

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1326911" timestamp="1352596645"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106059.msg1326905#msg1326905 date=1352596228]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=106059.msg1326864#msg1326864 date=1352593632]
Manziel is to BAMA
as
Quirante is to Summer Creek.

Let's set sail PIRATES!!!
[/quote]
SC is in "beast mode". Those boys are the real deal.
[/quote]

Good Luck to SC... All I can say is after the dust settles win, lose, or tie.... SC will know and remember the Vidor Pirates.... this I can assure you of... we are undersized, slow, and weak just ask anyone we have played this year... but remember this... and you will.... when we hit you its like you got hit by a mack truck and its all night long... you will get tired of getting hit... Ask Mr. Thomas of Central... we are relentless in our pursuit of a win so have your track shoes on and plenty of Oxygen bottles on the sidelines you will need both...

that is all...

Pirates 28
SC      24  Final
[/quote]
Yeah you're rite,we will remember vidor. You wanna know why? Because you're gonna be part of Summer Creek Sports history! Trivia question," Who took the first SC A$% whoopin for the Bulldogs first playoff win?", answer," vidor!" Just make sure you remember these words next friday around 10:00 pm. ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1327773" timestamp="1352686029"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You best pay attention to Smokin Baby's post........shame shame if you think that was Summer Creeks offense against us.  NO NO Mr. Ed, that was NOT.......... ;)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1327357" timestamp="1352648610"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=106059.msg1327352#msg1327352 date=1352648030]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1327351#msg1327351 date=1352647853]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106059.msg1327350#msg1327350 date=1352647672]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=106059.msg1327199#msg1327199 date=1352637282]
what's with all this ,if vidor gets down it's over because we can'tplay from behind. does anyone remember the ozen came?
[/quote]
Coming back and beating Ozen is way differnt then coming back on SC
[/quote]
It's not the teams that we were comparing. It's just the fact that a lot of people are like Vidor can't come back from behind and we were saying that we have already done that this year.
[/quote] Looking forward to spanking another 20-4A team ;)
[/quote]
Looking forward to feeding y'all some humble pie lol.
[/quote]
Hope you're not looking forward to this game to set off your weekend. If so, Not gonna start so bright........................ ;)