315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very seriously that Vidor puts up 35 on SC's defense.  I mean anything could happen just don't see it.  SC's offense CAN hang nearly 1/2 100 (can't believe I'm saying that) on just about anybody it wants to and I really don't see Vidor or anybody else in SETX keeping them from doing it.  I'll say this game nearly as bad as Dayton's...42-20

Ok Vidors prob in this game is SC quick strike ability. 2 or 3 TDs down and you have to start pasing (Vidors achillies heal). SC should win this big. Now for what I want to happen David please please go out there and slay Goliath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vidor 38 SC 34

Vidor fans I am one of you cheering on the Pirates as far as you can go. As bad as it hurts me to say this GO PIRATES ::)

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1326060" timestamp="1352527483"]
Summer creek is almost identical to the Manvel team that the Broncos lost to in the third round of the playoffs last year. I hope Vidor wins but I dont think they have a chance. JMO. Summer creek should be a 5a team just like Manvel should have been last year.
[/quote]

There's the excuses, just on another thread ;D

[quote name="FootballFreek!" post="1326074" timestamp="1352528343"]
It's bad enough that Vidor draws SC in the first round. But it's even worse that the Vidor fans now have to deal with "SummerCreek It Is!" for the whole week! Their one other fan (scdawgs) is cool, and knows football. That first one though, she takes the cake. Good luck with her.  ;D
[/quote]

Nope. I only talk smack to Dayton.....and I'm not here to be cool with y'all. Dayton like to run their mouth too much and I'm a girl that will fire back on your arse ;D...... No go get that beat down by Nederland.... 8)

[quote name="FootballFreek!" post="1326074" timestamp="1352528343"]
It's bad enough that Vidor draws SC in the first round. But it's even worse that the Vidor fans now have to deal with "SummerCreek It Is!" for the whole week! Their one other fan (scdawgs) is cool, and knows football. That first one though, she takes the cake. Good luck with her.  ;D
[/quote] :o  ;D

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1326160" timestamp="1352552301"]
[quote author=FootballFreek! link=topic=106059.msg1326074#msg1326074 date=1352528343]
[/quote]

Nope. I only talk smack to Dayton.....and I'm not here to be cool with y'all. [b]Dayton like to run their mouth too much [/b]and I'm a girl that will fire back on your arse ;D...... No go get that beat down by Nederland.... 8)
[/quote]And I guess you don't It's called SMACK talk.. in case you weren't aware... Good Luck Vidor.. your gonna need it with this one...

It's ok we are always the underdog.... We will stand our ground again just as always.... We heard last year how crosby and Montgomery were going to take us to the woodshed... And we shit ourselves in the foot with a good Angleton team that.capitlized on our mistakes..... So bring on SC we will stand toe to toe with them and see what happens....

Vidor needs to have some time consuming drives (that end in scores) and limit SC offense opportunities if they can do that then they have a good chance to beat SC.  Vidors Defense is pretty good and they will need their A game Friday night....I guess this old bulldog will go to the game and help pull the pirates through.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1326035" timestamp="1352526666"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106059.msg1326019#msg1326019 date=1352526141]
I think this can be an interesting game. SC's balance is gonna be tought to beat. They're a good 5A team, in the 4A bracket, IMO. There's always a couple of those type teams every year. Good luck to Vidor. Keep those chains moving!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how you have 2100 kids and be 4A. We're even smaller than y'all. 700 kids difference is like playing a 4A and 3A school combined.
[/quote]

Nothing new..lol...Kirbyville been doing it for years in 3A.. ;)

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1326198" timestamp="1352556036"]
Ok if there is a team that can beat then it is vidor....i understand they have a great D but there is no way there D line is as good as Nederland s...at least i hope not lol... I can believe how quick people are to forget about The Q  Factor 8)
[/quote]Their D-line is significantly better than Ned's. Ned has the great ends but SC has two beast for D-tackles. # 76 goes three bills and if he was taller would be one of the most highly recruited kids in the state. #92 for Ned is better than the two SC ends but the SC ends are just as big and athletic. Ned scored 21 on us, I think they scored 20 on y'all. Crosby is the best rushing team in 19-4a and we barely broke 100 yards. We were able to stay in the game for a while by throwing for 337 yards though, probably should have tied the game in the third after an SC turnover but didn't and the Dogs made and awesome play and broke it open. Y'all scored 13 on Ned while we scored 7. That was our first game with this new coaching staff, the first time Aston called these plays in a real game and we were probably running about 20% of the offense we do now. We fumbled in the 4th quarter driving to make it 21-14 which would have changed the whole game with Ned. They made the plays and we didn't so we deserve to lose, but we hung with them in that state. We put 450+ yards of O on SC and still lost by 28, I just don't know if The Pearl has the firepower, plus you just gave up 42 to a team missing it's best player. These boys might be better than Dawson.

Vidor might not win but they wont quit like dayton did last night. No doubt vidor is a better team than dayton at this point. I think vidor keeps this closer than people think. Sc beat dayton like a drum but had a hard time moving the ball against bh. I hope sc doesnt use last nights game as a measuring stick. Sc 28-21

SC is the clear favorite but Vidor does have an advantage come playoff time of running a very unique offensive scheme that most teams outside of 20-4A do not see...it is difficult to defend...Vidor needs to keep the ball and drain the clock with some long, time consuming drives and keep that SC offense off of the field...if they can do this, they have a CHANCE to disrupt the SC O...best of luck to the Pirates from this Nederland Bulldog

[quote name="Razor" post="1326256" timestamp="1352559642"]
SC is the clear favorite but Vidor does have an advantage come playoff time of running a very unique offensive scheme that most teams outside of 20-4A do not see...it is difficult to defend...[b]Vidor needs to keep the ball and drain the clock[/b] with some long, time consuming drives and keep that SC offense off of the field...if they can do this, they have a CHANCE to disrupt the SC O...best of luck to the Pirates from this Nederland Bulldog
[/quote]

That IS needed problem is Pirates have been moving the ball as quick as a passing game and NOT eating clock up. It's weird to say but averaging +10 yards a carry is not consuming any clock.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1326042" timestamp="1352526812"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=106059.msg1326012#msg1326012 date=1352525879]
Wished I could say Vidor, want to say Vidor, but I have to say Summer Creek.
[/quote]

Same here. I hope Vidor proves me wrong, but I just don't see Summer Creek going out in the first round.

[quote author=robanadana link=topic=106059.msg1326035#msg1326035 date=1352526666]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106059.msg1326019#msg1326019 date=1352526141]
I think this can be an interesting game. SC's balance is gonna be tought to beat. They're a good 5A team, in the 4A bracket, IMO. There's always a couple of those type teams every year. Good luck to Vidor. Keep those chains moving!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how you have 2100 kids and be 4A. We're even smaller than y'all. 700 kids difference is like playing a 4A and 3A school combined.
[/quote]

Same song, second verse. It's PN-G vs. Manvel all over again. And no, it isn't fair. And based on the way the UIL went about finally creating a 6A classification, it won't get fixed any time soon.
[/quote]

But we stayed with Manvel. I don't know how, but we did. 56-46. PN-G played with all their heart and soul that game, and Vidor plays every game like that. I think the Pirates will make 20-4A proud with a win.