• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1326261" timestamp="1352559925"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=106059.msg1326256#msg1326256 date=1352559642]
SC is the clear favorite but Vidor does have an advantage come playoff time of running a very unique offensive scheme that most teams outside of 20-4A do not see...it is difficult to defend...[b]Vidor needs to keep the ball and drain the clock[/b] with some long, time consuming drives and keep that SC offense off of the field...if they can do this, they have a CHANCE to disrupt the SC O...best of luck to the Pirates from this Nederland Bulldog
[/quote]

That IS needed problem is Pirates have been moving the ball as quick as a passing game and NOT eating clock up. It's weird to say but averaging +10 yards a carry is not consuming any clock.
[/quote]

that's a valid point...despite the fact that Vidor runs the ball, they do have a lot of big plays due to the misdirection and "hide the pig" offense...it is difficult often times to figure out who has the ball and for a defense to be successful, they have to be discplined

I guess for the next week we're gonna hear about the beat downs and the smack talk how we're gonna get clobbered. Here's some stats for you: 1st, we could care less about SC's 300 pound linemen. We have given up 75 pounds per man to every team we've faced, both ways. Those SC linemen are gonna face a team that will make you run for 4 quarters. Hope they're in shape. Our offense is not similar to BH, I've seen them play.

Defense: last night we were missing 3 starters including Jon Boy to the stomach virus which ravaged the Pirate team this week.

Coaching: I definately give us the upper hand here.

Intangibles: Heart and Montana Quirante.

We're the underdog in every game we play against a good team. The new Lumberton, that's what we hear. Funny thing is, we keep winning. We keep going to the playoffs. We keep beating teams we shouldn't. And we do all of this with a slow, undersized team with a weird running offense. BTW, that weird offense is #1 in 20-4A and the #1 rushing offense in the state of Texas. Bring it on, Slumber Crick.

One last statistic: Dayton=overated

[quote name="robanadana" post="1326321" timestamp="1352562337"]
I guess for the next week we're gonna hear about the beat downs and the smack talk how we're gonna get clobbered. Here's some stats for you: 1st, we could care less about SC's 300 pound linemen. We have given up 75 pounds per man to every team we've faced, both ways. Those SC linemen are gonna face a team that will make you run for 4 quarters. Hope they're in shape. Our offense is not similar to BH, I've seen them play.

Defense: last night we were missing 3 starters including Jon Boy to the stomach virus which ravaged the Pirate team this week.

[b]Coaching: I definately give us the upper hand here.
[/b]
Intangibles: Heart and Montana Quirante.

We're the underdog in every game we play against a good team. The new Lumberton, that's what we hear. Funny thing is, we keep winning. [b]We keep going to the playoffs. We keep beating teams we shouldn't.[/b] And we do all of this with a slow, undersized team with a weird running offense. BTW, that weird offense is #1 in 20-4A and the #1 rushing offense in the state of Texas. Bring it on, Slumber Crick.

One last statistic: Dayton=overated
[/quote]You definitely don't have a coaching advantage. Your current coach has been 2-8, 3-7 recently hasn't he? And you don't keep going to the playoffs and keep beating teams you shouldn't. You been three times in forever and have two wins. Vidor did beat Crosby bad but Crosby helped greatly. I know y'all kill me for the stats, but like Dayton last night they will eventually catch up. Vidor only averaged 4 yards per carry in our game while we averaged close to 10 and out gained you by over 100 yards on limited possessions, Pirates just took advantage of mistakes like a good team does. Vidor had all kinds of trouble with Crosby in space and SC athletes are significantly better. Y'all called it "bend but don't break D", well these Dogs will shatter you if you let them get going like we did. SC doesn't make many mistakes, they played their worst game of the season on BH and were still up 21 in the 4th quarter so don't look at that as a marker. The SC defense is better than Ned at every position other than d-end too. I think Vidor could possibly break 20 like we did but I just don't see y'all keeping  them under 40.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  Well I'm pulling for all 20-4A teams. I've seen both play. If Vidor controls the ball and only has to punt once then Vidor can pull this off. SC is a very quick strike offense. Can Vidor defend a very good passing game with lots of speed to boot ? If so then you have a good chance of winning. Use your O to wear down their D and the tide will be in your favor. Its unfortunate that SC is such a big school now, they don't even have large 4A numbers anymore. They are in reality a 5A school, number wise. Next realignment they will be 5A. I'm pulling for the Pirates win.I don't care if any of our 20-4A teams are underdogs, I'm 100% behind our District teams. Go represent us.  Vidor by 3 late in the 4th ! GO PIRATES !!!!

All I can say is keep SC O off the field. Slow and methodical drives for the Pirates. I think that is doable because you won't break off much of a big run against those linebackers. If you can hang and tire their defense you may have a chance. When there O does get on the field hang on!!! That big monster running back is brutal and their QB is a stud. Gang tackle, Gang Tackle, Gang Tackle.....Cover tight....try to get some secondary sacks. I don't know if Vidor secondary is weak or not but that QB will beat given any chance.....As for me, well GO PIRATES!!!!

[move][color=purple][size=36pt]GO PIRATES[/size][/color][/move]

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1326450" timestamp="1352570449"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

::)
[/quote]SC defense is not better than NED. ive watched both teams.
[/quote]
Thank you buddy for giving your non biased opinion.

[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

[/quote]
Look closer ;)

[/quote]I have to disagree with you on this one MBG. Besides 92 what position is Ned better at on D. Maybe 90 on the other side but if so not much. # 76 for SC is the best d-tackle in this district and the best I've seen so far this year. SC secondary are bigger and faster, the linebackers are bigger and faster, I'll give the D-line a push but SC gets interior pressure while Ned gets it off the ends. We played both teams, and we only scored 7 on Ned but it was the first game of the season with a new coaching staff so I'm sure it would be different now. We barely got 20 on SC and we're one of the most potent offenses in the region. Pryor is one of Ned big time players and doesn't have a rivals offer/interest sheet yet. Start looking up the SC players on D and you'll see what I'm talking about.