VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

[quote name="cougar14" post="1326461" timestamp="1352571638"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326450#msg1326450 date=1352570449]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

::)
[/quote]SC defense is not better than NED. ive watched both teams.
[/quote]I have to disagree with you on this one MBG. Besides 92 what position is Ned better at on D. Maybe 90 on the other side but if so not much. # 76 for SC is the best d-tackle in this district and the best I've seen so far this year. SC secondary are bigger and faster, the linebackers are bigger and faster, I'll give the D-line a push but SC gets interior pressure while Ned gets it off the ends. We played both teams, and we only scored 7 on Ned but it was the first game of the season with a new coaching staff so I'm sure it would be different now. We barely got 20 on SC and we're one of the most potent offenses in the region. Pryor is one of Ned big time players and doesn't have a rivals offer/interest sheet yet. Start looking up the SC players on D and you'll see what I'm talking about.
[/quote]agree to disagree. ive watched both teams play versus similar offenses.  8)

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1326467" timestamp="1352571826"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1326461#msg1326461 date=1352571638]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326450#msg1326450 date=1352570449]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

[/quote]I have to disagree with you on this one MBG. Besides 92 what position is Ned better at on D. Maybe 90 on the other side but if so not much. # 76 for SC is the best d-tackle in this district and the best I've seen so far this year. SC secondary are bigger and faster, the linebackers are bigger and faster, I'll give the D-line a push but SC gets interior pressure while Ned gets it off the ends. We played both teams, and we only scored 7 on Ned but it was the first game of the season with a new coaching staff so I'm sure it would be different now. We barely got 20 on SC and we're one of the most potent offenses in the region. Pryor is one of Ned big time players and doesn't have a rivals offer/interest sheet yet. Start looking up the SC players on D and you'll see what I'm talking about.
[/quote]agree to disagree. ive watched both teams play versus similar offenses.  8)
[/quote]
I see us having a very interesting conversation Tuesday night.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1326467" timestamp="1352571826"]

[/quote]

I hope you're not basing your opinions on the game you watched between SC and BH.  That was a wayyyy skewed affair.  They (SC) played possum from basically the middle of the 2nd qtr thru the end.  I hate to say it, but if they would have passed, the outcome would have been like Dayton's.  We only scored 11 and maybe or maybe not, we got 7 on the 2nd string.  We certainly should have had at least 7 more and they got a gimme with botched ko return; but I truly believe they were just going through motion.  As for as BH goes....who knows, but what you saw with the backup QB is not what Livingston will see with the starter.  Denny starts for a reason and not taking ANYTHING away from Gigout, he's good.

If you're basing your opinion off of the Dayton vs BH game..again, not a very good sampling.  A team doesn't lose it's general (say he had 3 series but seriously, I've seen way better teams take a quarter and even a half to find it's groove) and in such an emotional game overcome everything that BH had to do against Dayton and still keep Dayton to a last minute miracle read/run to win the game.

I grant you BG you BH hatin' ex SFA (fill in the blank), Dayton losing to SC and BH losing to both Dayton and SC are way better than you give them credit for.  You just can't see it and that's ok.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1326473" timestamp="1352572366"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326467#msg1326467 date=1352571826]

[/quote]

I hope you're not basing your opinions on the game you watched between SC and BH.  That was a wayyyy skewed affair.  They (SC) played possum from basically the middle of the 2nd qtr thru the end.  I hate to say it, but if they would have passed, the outcome would have been like Dayton's.  We only scored 11 and maybe or maybe not, we got 7 on the 2nd string.  We certainly should have had at least 7 more and they got a gimme with botched ko return; but I truly believe they were just going through motion.  As for as BH goes....who knows, but what you saw with the backup QB is not what Livingston will see with the starter.  Denny starts for a reason and not taking ANYTHING away from Gigout, he's good.

[b]If you're basing your opinion off of the Dayton vs BH game..again, not a very good sampling.  A team doesn't lose it's general (say he had 3 series but seriously, I've seen way better teams take a quarter and even a half to find it's groove) and in such an emotional game overcome everything that BH had to do against Dayton and still keep Dayton to a last minute miracle read/run to win the game.[/b]

I grant you BG you BH hatin' ex SFA (fill in the blank), Dayton losing to SC and BH losing to both Dayton and SC are way better than you give them credit for.  You just can't see it and that's ok.
[/quote]have no clue what happened in the Dayton/BH game, that has nothing to do with SC or NED i believe.  ;)

Im not seeing your argument here in your post about defense? wrong thread maybe?  :-\

BG, my comment is about you saying that SC defense isn't as good or better than Ned.  I was saying that if you based your opinion on SC defense from the SC/BH game it wasn't a good sampling.  The BH/Dayton reference plays into it only if you were basing your opinions on that game as well and how it translated to the SC / BH game.  I do think Nederland has a great team and really good D, but you seem to always downplay and seldom give credit to teams outside the Golden Triangle.  That's all, nothing more.  ;D

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1326489" timestamp="1352573295"]
BG, my comment is about you saying that SC defense isn't as good or better than Ned.  I was saying that if you based your opinion on SC defense from the SC/BH game it wasn't a good sampling.  The BH/Dayton reference plays into it only if you were basing your opinions on that game as well and how it translated to the SC / BH game.  I do think Nederland has a great team and really good D, [b]but you seem to always downplay and seldom give credit to teams outside the Golden Triangle[/b].  That's all, nothing more.  ;D
[/quote]well that isnt an accurate statement unless you're a Barbie's Hill fan.  ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1326580" timestamp="1352577487"]
I prdedicted early for SC to go at least 3 rounds.  This is just a very small bump in the road.  I would like to see Montana play, since I have not.
[/quote]
I can promise you this, it doesn't matter if Vidor wins or looses you will be impressed with Montana.

Sc had 14 pts halfway through the 3rd quarter against humble. They had a hard time scoring against bh also. Dayton just isnt that good right now. Vidor will play tough and if they get sc down who knows. I also look at the ck game and kp which played sc better than dayton and I dont think those teams are very good. Sc should win but vidor will be the best team they have played this year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1326602" timestamp="1352579109"]
Sc had 14 pts halfway through the 3rd quarter against humble. They had a hard time scoring against bh also. Dayton just isnt that good right now. Vidor will play tough and if they get sc down who knows. I also look at the ck game and kp which played sc better than dayton and I dont think those teams are very good. Sc should win but vidor will be the best team they have played this year.
[/quote]
:o  :o  :o

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1326602" timestamp="1352579109"]
[/quote]

those games we were just going through the motion. Against Dayton we played with fire against a suppose to fire team

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1326624" timestamp="1352579919"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106059.msg1326602#msg1326602 date=1352579109]
[/quote]

those games we were just going through the motion. Against Dayton we played with fire against a suppose to fire team
[/quote]my point excactly. Cant just go through the mitions with vidor they will not lay over and play dead. Their qb montana might be the best football player on the field he is a load. Im picking sc to win but think vidor is a tough team.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1326491" timestamp="1352573501"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=106059.msg1326489#msg1326489 date=1352573295]
BG, my comment is about you saying that SC defense isn't as good or better than Ned.  I was saying that if you based your opinion on SC defense from the SC/BH game it wasn't a good sampling.  The BH/Dayton reference plays into it only if you were basing your opinions on that game as well and how it translated to the SC / BH game.  I do think Nederland has a great team and really good D, [b]but you seem to always downplay and seldom give credit to teams outside the Golden Triangle[/b].  That's all, nothing more.  ;D
[/quote]well that isnt an accurate statement unless you're a Barbie's Hill fan.  ;)
[/quote]

BG as you are calling him,only rides the lead horse...he's for who-ever is winning.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="~Kville_Kats~" post="1326642" timestamp="1352580759"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326491#msg1326491 date=1352573501]
[/quote]

BG as you are calling him,only rides the lead horse...he's for who-ever is winning.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]lol if thats the case id have to be rooting for teams outside the golden triangle, to include Barbie's Hill.  ;D ;D

[quote name="robanadana" post="1326657" timestamp="1352581315"]
Today, I revel in last night's victory, our 9 - 1 regular season (first since 1964), and third playoffs in four years. Now, I'm gonna watch my Aggies and Johnny Football...the closest thing I've seen to Montana Football. Tomorrow, I take care of Slumber Crick It Ain't!!!
[/quote]

Congrats to this yrs. team for having a better reg. season than last yrs.  8- 2 team, that's something to be proud of. Now go farther in the playoff's.

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326491#msg1326491 date=1352573501]
[/quote]

There my friend....you're just showing your ignorance.  Never on this board, have I ever "coat-tailed" any team.  I am an Eagle through and through and I don't disparage any team or any person on here.  BG has obvious distaste for BH and makes no bones about it.  He even said last week or the week before "he [s]hates[/s], dislikes BH."  Probably from all the whoopings he took at SFA by BH..LOL.  In any event, he has said more negative about BH than ever giving them credit where credit was due.  However, it really doesn't matter, he's as nobody as for BH is concerned.  BH will be ready for Livingston as will SC for Vidor, Crosby for Ozen, and Dayton for Ned.

[/quote]

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1326722" timestamp="1352584264"]
[quote author=~Kville_Kats~ link=topic=106059.msg1326642#msg1326642 date=1352580759]
[/quote]

There my friend....you're just showing your ignorance.  Never on this board, have I ever "coat-tailed" any team.  I am an Eagle through and through and I don't disparage any team or any person on here.  BG has obvious distaste for BH and makes no bones about it.  He even said last week or the week before "he [s]hates[/s], dislikes BH."  Probably from all the whoopings he took at SFA by BH..LOL.  In any event, he has said more negative about BH than ever giving them credit where credit was do.  However, it really doesn't matter, he's as nobody as for BH is concerned.  BH will be ready for Livingston as will SC for Vidor, Crosby for Ozen, and Dayton for Ned.

[/quote]
[/quote]Go Livingston  ;D

[/quote]

Oh wait KV...I think I owe you an apology...I re-read your post and yes, you are right.... :-[ :-[ :-[

[/quote]