Groveton @ Deweyville, playoff berth to the winner

Final District game for the Indians and Pirates. If Pirates win they are District Champs, however if the Indians win they go as the 3rd place team and the Pirates are left out of the playoffs in 4th place. Alot riding on this game for both teams. Pirates on a roll, playing physical football. Should be a hard hitting affair. Going with the Pirates to clinch their first District Championship in a long time.

Pirates - 33
Indians - 12

Groveton is the mos inconsistent team I have ever seen. This team beats an Alto team 40-20, yet loses to Shelbyville (of all people) 8-6. I don't know what to think about this team. Knowing what's on the line, the Pirates will come ready to play and finish business and make history. Make this season one to remember boys!!

Deweyville completely outplayed and outcoached New Waverly.  They just manhandled NW on the line.  If they bring that same effort against Groveton, I'll say they win 54-27.  Groveton has had a couple bad games, but they have played both NW and Corrigan close.  It's all on the line so I would expect their best effort here.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1319912" timestamp="1352057616"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105706.msg1319894#msg1319894 date=1352056770]
[quote author=DPFAN link=topic=105706.msg1319617#msg1319617 date=1352036898]
The last time deweyville made the playoffs was 06 and they made it in 05.
[/quote]Zane was the RB?
[/quote]
I think it was justin williams    RB
[/quote]i forgot the first name, knew the last name.  8)

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1319722" timestamp="1352044028"]
Coach Babin will keep his team focused and they WILL take care of business

PIRATES WIN BIG
52  -    12
GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote] 
[b][b]Clint Did You See This Post ?  ::)  :o

[/b]See how much of a difference coaching makes....
[/quote]
See how much of a difference a talented sophmore class becoming a talented junior class makes? When they become seniors they will be better, then after that DV will take a step back and it will not matter who the coach is.
[/quote]

The MVP of the team is our line, I agree that the Junior class is a bunch of awesome kids, I coached most of them and i still hold a close relationship with them.
Last years team was as good or better and we got beat by NW 56 to 7, let me tell you coaching is the difference bottom line, we have Mc Daniels we get ripped again, PERIOD!!
Babin is the best thing that has happened to us in a long time. GIVE THE MAN the credit he deserves.
There are 24 spots on a team a kicker a punter 11 offense 11 defense of those 24 spots on the team there are 15 seniors 2 sophmore's and 7 juniors acording to my math that is 8% soph, 29% junior and 63% senior starters.
Also there are only 4 kids off of the Jr. High team you mentioned and two of them during there eighth grade run were suppose to be in High school, the (running backs), it is not hard to dominate when you are 15.
These are great kids but the fact that they won district is the reason they are winning and don't need a coach? Come On!
Mcdainels first year here we had the biggest line in 2A (FACT) and a group that won district not only in Jr. High but JV also, and they could not buy a win against a good team. The kids are great but they have been, and yes talent in a couple of years will fall and then it will pick up again as it does anywhere I agree, but lets stay focused on the fact that we have an awesome coach and support him because I promise you it does not matter whose kids are out there they won't be sucessful without coaching.
Deweyville went years until Bickham came without going to the playoffs and he brought us twice, think back at the coaching before he got here, remember the talent after him and the horrible games we had to endure and let's thank God we got Babin and for our talented kids in all the grades.

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1320781" timestamp="1352140002"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=105706.msg1319722#msg1319722 date=1352044028]
Coach Babin will keep his team focused and they WILL take care of business

PIRATES WIN BIG
52  -    12
GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote] 
[b][b]Clint Did You See This Post ?  ::)  :o

[/b]See how much of a difference coaching makes....
[/quote]
See how much of a difference a talented sophmore class becoming a talented junior class makes? When they become seniors they will be better, then after that DV will take a step back and it will not matter who the coach is.
[/quote]

The MVP of the team is our line, I agree that the Junior class is a bunch of awesome kids, I coached most of them and i still hold a close relationship with them.
Last years team was as good or better and we got beat by NW 56 to 7, let me tell you coaching is the difference bottom line, we have Mc Daniels we get ripped again, PERIOD!!
Babin is the best thing that has happened to us in a long time. GIVE THE MAN the credit he deserves.
There are 24 spots on a team a kicker a punter 11 offense 11 defense of those 24 spots on the team there are 15 seniors 2 sophmore's and 7 juniors acording to my math that is 8% soph, 29% junior and 63% senior starters.
Also there are only 4 kids off of the Jr. High team you mentioned and two of them during there eighth grade run were suppose to be in High school, the (running backs), it is not hard to dominate when you are 15.
These are great kids but the fact that they won district is the reason they are winning and don't need a coach? Come On!
Mcdainels first year here we had the biggest line in 2A (FACT) and a group that won district not only in Jr. High but JV also, and they could not buy a win against a good team. The kids are great but they have been, and yes talent in a couple of years will fall and then it will pick up again as it does anywhere I agree, but lets stay focused on the fact that we have an awesome coach and support him because I promise you it does not matter whose kids are out there they won't be sucessful without coaching.
Deweyville went years until Bickham came without going to the playoffs and he brought us twice, think back at the coaching before he got here, remember the talent after him and the horrible games we had to endure and let's thank God we got Babin and for our talented kids in all the grades.
[/quote]
I Hear you and give you A big AMEN Some people just refuse to understand

The fall of 82 was Deweyville's last district title, and the Pirate's third in as many years. The Pirates finished the season undefeated that year. They were then beat 30-0 by Garrison in the bi-district round of the playoffs. Deweyville has made the playoffs 4 more times over the years in 2nd or 3rd place, but is 0-7 in playoff games. When the Pirates beat Groveton Friday night it will be the first District title in 30 years.
    The Pirates are big and powerful on the O-line. The line averages 252 lbs. from tackle to tightend and they are mean and nasty. The best I have seen at Deweyville. Our stable of backs are really strong and they run hard. Coach Babin  has done an outstanding job this year and will have the boys ready to play.  Groveton may have the fastest, most talented backfield in the Distict, but the Pirates will be to much for the Indians.

Deweyville  57
                                  Groveton    24

GO PiRATES!!!!

[quote name="piratedad#55" post="1321540" timestamp="1352217450"]
    The fall of 82 was Deweyville's last district title, and the Pirate's third in as many years. The Pirates finished the season undefeated that year. They were then beat 30-0 by Garrison in the bi-district round of the playoffs. Deweyville has made the playoffs 4 more times over the years in 2nd or 3rd place, but is 0-7 in playoff games. When the Pirates beat Groveton Friday night it will be the first District title in 30 years.
    The Pirates are big and powerful on the O-line. The line averages 252 lbs. from tackle to tightend [b]and they are mean and nasty[/b]. The best I have seen at Deweyville. Our stable of backs are really strong and they run hard. Coach Babin  has done an outstanding job this year and will have the boys ready to play.  Groveton may have the fastest, most talented backfield in the Distict, but the Pirates will be to much for the Indians.

Deweyville  57
                                  Groveton    24

GO PiRATES!!!!
[/quote]The New Waverly folks said that they were definitely mean and nasty.  Groveton might want to get the cups out.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1321647" timestamp="1352222406"]
[quote author=piratedad#55 link=topic=105706.msg1321540#msg1321540 date=1352217450]
    The Pirates are big and powerful on the O-line. The line averages 252 lbs. from tackle to tightend [b]and they are mean and nasty[/b]. The best I have seen at Deweyville. Our stable of backs are really strong and they run hard. Coach Babin  has done an outstanding job this year and will have the boys ready to play.  Groveton may have the fastest, most talented backfield in the Distict, but the Pirates will be to much for the Indians.

Deweyville  57
                                  Groveton    24

GO PiRATES!!!!
[/quote]The New Waverly folks said that they were definitely mean and nasty.  [b]Groveton might want to get the cups out.[/b][/quote]
NW needs to stop all the smack talking before the game and personal fouls/late hits during the game (5-6 called several more missed) and just play football.  All that pre-game mess they started just fired the Pirates up and the scoreboard reflected that.  Best way to shutup a mouthy/undisciplined team up is to lineup and physically run the ball down their throats just like we did.  NW sure was quiet and respectful after the game.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder