ROUND 2 SR PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS!

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1316997" timestamp="1351877435"]
There is a monatary benefit for the hosting school.

The hosting school profits from the money from the concession stand revenue which is well worth the work.

OF hosted last week 1st Round and made enough for much need supplies and equipment that the league needed and it was only 15 game.

PNG will host 20 games and I'm sure its worth the work for the entire league. 

Multiple schools put their name in the hat every year for every round. And it's voted on, not "given". Because every league knows the fundraiser potential.

[b]As far as the STJFL President running the show, we All have equal say in what goes on.[/b][/quote]

Thank You!

What a bunch of cry babies........sounds like a bunch of High School girls gossiping about boys  ::)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1317015" timestamp="1351878268"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=105438.msg1316997#msg1316997 date=1351877435]

The hosting school profits from the money from the concession stand revenue which is well worth the work.

OF hosted last week 1st Round and made enough for much need supplies and equipment that the league needed and it was only 15 game.

Multiple schools put their name in the hat every year for every round. And it's voted on, not "given". Because every league knows the fundraiser potential.

[b]As far as the STJFL President running the show, we All have equal say in what goes on.[/b][/quote]

Thank You!

What a bunch of cry babies........sounds like a bunch of High School girls gossiping about boys  ::)
[/quote]

Very few understand the logistic in pulling off something as complicated as the playoffs.

If one little thing goes wrong it's always "a huge" deal and they have it out for "my league or my team" mine... Mine... Mine.... instead saying "hey, stuff happens". Let move on and think to ourself , I'm glad my kids has a place to play some sports somewhere safe.

Fixed spelling so I won't get laughed at.

[quote name="teamraider" post="1317009" timestamp="1351878157"]
I've been out of town and have only talked to STJFL board members and my family since yesterday. I don't know where any of the rumors came from. This is an open and you can post what you wish... Just know that when you post something that is not true then you will be called on it.
[/quote]
But you confirmed that what I posted was true.  You called me out because it did not come from you and was only my interpretation of it.  If you are the one that brought the issue to PNG, then you are the one the information came from.  I did not hear this information from a STJFL board member.  I did not hear it from a coach.  I heard it from parents, and not just from Lumberton or PNG.  Someone wanted to have PNG fans sit on the visitor side of their own stadium.  That is true.  That someone was you.  That is true.  Whether it goes through or not, which your post hints it won't, that was not what I was posting about.  A lumberton person, regardless of intentions, telling PNG fans to sit on the visitor side of their own stadium could be taken as an insult.  I doubt you meant it as that.  I know you have some lumberton teams that are highly ranked, rightfully so.  It does not affect me in the least, but you have to admit how it could be interpretted negatively by PNG fans/teams.  Also...thanks for the response. 

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1317015" timestamp="1351878268"]

Thank You!

[/quote]
I cannot speak for the rest of the responders, but I am a cry baby.  :'( I do not, however, know how high school girls gossip about boys.  As for bobcat, I agree 100% and think having an organization in STJFL host a playoff is benificial to that org., and the STJFL as a whole.  Orangefield always has grade A facilities, coaches, and volunteers.  I would rather an organization like that (or any others in STJFL) gain something than nobody gain anything. 

I promise to keep my posts from here on out relevant to the topic at hand.  This post was paid for and sponsored by the commitee to allow shockg to post.

I am shockg, and I approve this message.

[quote name="shockg" post="1317039" timestamp="1351879732"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=105438.msg1317015#msg1317015 date=1351878268]

Thank You!

[/quote]
I cannot speak for the rest of the responders, but I am a cry baby.  :'( [b]I do not, however, know how high school girls gossip about boys.[/b]  As for bobcat, I agree 100% and think having an organization in STJFL host a playoff is benificial to that org., and the STJFL as a whole.  Orangefield always has grade A facilities, coaches, and volunteers.  I would rather an organization like that (or any others in STJFL) gain something than nobody gain anything. 

I promise to keep my posts from here on out relevant to the topic at hand.  This post was paid for and sponsored by the commitee to allow shockg to post.

I am shockg, and I approve this message.
[/quote]

Thats ashame......you should have been closer to girls in high school 8)

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1317029" timestamp="1351879056"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=105438.msg1317015#msg1317015 date=1351878268]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=105438.msg1316997#msg1316997 date=1351877435]

Thank You!

[/quote]

Very few understand the logistic in pulling off something as complicated as the playoffs.

If one little thing goes wrong it's always "a huge" deal and they have it out for "my league or my team" mine... Mine... Mine.... instead saying "hey, stuff happens". Let move on and think to ourself , I'm glad my kids has a place to play some sports somewhere safe.

[/quote]

I absolutely understand and appreciate all the work that goes in to setting up a weekend like this.  I know it is a scheduling nightmare so thanks for all your hard work.  Bleachers are bleachers and the better teams will win no matter where they are asked to sit, I think my issue was more about the attitude of Lumberton fans and then bragging about having "home field refs".  Do we really have refs from a certain town allowed to work that teams games?

[quote name="Horns46" post="1317230" timestamp="1351895105"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=105438.msg1317029#msg1317029 date=1351879056]

Thank You!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I absolutely understand and appreciate all the work that goes in to setting up a weekend like this.  I know it is a scheduling nightmare so thanks for all your hard work.  Bleachers are bleachers and the better teams will win no matter where they are asked to sit, I think my issue was more about the attitude of Lumberton fans and then bragging about having "home field refs".  Do we really have refs from a certain town allowed to work that teams games?
[/quote]

I can promise that the Ref's are scheduled by a representive of the local Referee chapter and he schedule to the best of his abilities that no "hometown" ref are used for any games.

But these Ref call a straight game as possible no matter where they are from.

I think most people like to talk "bull" just to get under your skin.

As long as I'm involved with STJFL I'll do my best to make sure everything is a fair as possible and I know from the President to the other 8 other board member, we try to be a fair as possible knowing it may never be perceived that way.

Thanks.

Well as usual there seems to be some confusion in these threads and maybe some hurt feelings. I would like to put the issue to sleep if possible. We already know that PNG Purple is a No. 2 seed. And in accordance with the seeding process, they are automatically awarded the home team sideline in their game. Although I agree with the seeding process and how it has been handled in the past, myself, my coaching staff and of course our players don’t want to take anything away from Port Neches White except a victory.

For the record, Lumberton Senior Blue took a team vote tonight to allow PNG White to stand on any sideline they want. We just want to play FOOTBALL

Mike Minton, Head Coach, Lumberton Senior Blue
President, Lumberton Youth Football & Cheerleading

Ok. I have to say that some people are getting ridiculous. I mean come on really. What does it matter where you sit. This is about football. Not seating. It seams like if there is not a good reason to start an argument then someone is going to make one.

[quote name="Coach Mike" post="1318124" timestamp="1351916081"]
Well as usual there seems to be some confusion in these threads and maybe some hurt feelings. I would like to put the issue to sleep if possible. We already know that PNG Purple is a No. 2 seed. And in accordance with the seeding process, they are automatically awarded the home team sideline in their game. Although I agree with the seeding process and how it has been handled in the past, myself, my coaching staff and of course our players don’t want to take anything away from Port Neches White except a victory.

For the record, Lumberton Senior Blue took a team vote tonight to allow PNG White to stand on any sideline they want. We just want to play FOOTBALL

Mike Minton, Head Coach, Lumberton Senior Blue
President, Lumberton Youth Football & Cheerleading
[/quote]

Mike, you and your team have earned the right to be the home team with the #1 seed.  Thanks for all you do, nothing but respect for you.  Good luck tomorrow evening.

Maybe if PNG would have handled business during regular season they could sit where they want. You're a nice guy Mike, I would tell them to sit there whiny asses at home. The good thing is they will have a more comfortable seat at their houses next week because they will be out of the playoffs.

Guest White4Life22
I’m pretty sure you can sit wherever you like no one really needs a home side and I can promise you my family will not care they arent from here but with the refs, who cares about refs, If they decide the game then its our fault, PNG-W & PNG-P will be the two teams at Lamar next Saturday so who cares? But good luck Lumberton, Are you Ready? Are you Ready? Lets Get it On!

Guest White4Life22
[quote name="demons95" post="1318435" timestamp="1351950792"]
Maybe if PNG would have handled business during regular season they could sit where they want. You're a nice guy Mike, I would tell them to sit there whiny asses at home. The good thing is they will have a more comfortable seat at their houses next week because they will be out of the playoffs.
[/quote]You are so tough! You tell somebody today tough guy, scream it to the top of your lungs all day ,it will sound so good coming from them stands! It is gonna be a great day for football. That side is jinxed anyways ,all the winners this year sit on the other side, well except Lumberton High School we had to beat somebody!!!! lmao

[quote name="White4Life22" post="1318460" timestamp="1351952385"]
I’m pretty sure you can sit wherever you like no one really needs a home side and I can promise you my family will not care they arent from here but with the refs, who cares about refs, If they decide the game then its our fault, PNG-W & PNG-P will be the two teams at Lamar next Saturday so who cares? But good luck Lumberton, Are you Ready? Are you Ready? Lets Get it On!
[/quote]

wow...looks like you were wrong with that prediction  ;D

[quote name="lmbrtn fan" post="1319425" timestamp="1352002243"]
[quote author=White4Life22 link=topic=105438.msg1318460#msg1318460 date=1351952385]
I’m pretty sure you can sit wherever you like no one really needs a home side and I can promise you my family will not care they arent from here but with the refs, who cares about refs, If they decide the game then its our fault, PNG-W & PNG-P will be the two teams at Lamar next Saturday so who cares? But good luck Lumberton, Are you Ready? Are you Ready? HLets Get it On!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Part of it at least....lol
im sure he will have excuses though...

Guest White4Life22
[quote name="VP 93......" post="1319433" timestamp="1352002614"]
[quote author=lmbrtn fan link=topic=105438.msg1319425#msg1319425 date=1352002243]
[quote author=White4Life22 link=topic=105438.msg1318460#msg1318460 date=1351952385]
I’m pretty sure you can sit wherever you like no one really needs a home side and I can promise you my family will not care they arent from here but with the refs, who cares about refs, If they decide the game then its our fault, PNG-W & PNG-P will be the two teams at Lamar next Saturday so who cares? But good luck Lumberton, Are you Ready? Are you Ready? HLets Get it On!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Part of it at least....lol
im sure he will have excuses though...
[/quote]Sorry to disappoint you tough guy but no excuses good game and good luck! You know who I am and you had your chance to talk to me in my face, your kids were even talking about me on the field now that’s respect. I love it and I knew you real men were gonna do that! I’m 100% man and I enjoy a good game on and off the field, but to drive all the way home and get tough on the computer but to look me in the face and walk right past me and you know I don’t know you, but you know who I am and your kid tells my kid that its all you talk about at home is awesome to me. Great game and we will be in the stands watching as spectators not on the field and hats off to your team great year for your boys. See y’all in 7th grade.

Well there white4life. I don't know which coach you're talking about but I know all of them. I doubt very seriously they were not man enough to say anything to your face. I think only Coach Mike even post on here. I would be happy to get you in touch with them and I think your bark might end up louder than your bite.  I think they handled their business on the field with a 42-19 whooping. Enjoy watching the Super Bowl from the stands with a belly full of words you had to eat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin