ROUND 2 SR PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LumB will lay a healthy, but not so severe beating, on PNGW (figuratively, not literally).  LumB advances to Super Bowl. 

PNGP will dominate, ever so slightly, LumW.  I think this one will come down to which kids stayed up late to play CoD Black Ops, and which ones stayed up late to play Modern Warfare 3.  I'll let you draw conclusions as to which one is better.  PNGP moves on to the Super Bowl. 

Side Predeictions:  I predict 13 posts before the topic takes a detour into another realm of discussion.  I predict 4 posts before bradyb tells someone they are wrong.  I predict 8 posts before someone totally butchers the english language.

[quote name="shockg" post="1314497" timestamp="1351603684"]
LumB will lay a healthy, but not so severe beating, on PNGW (figuratively, not literally).  LumB advances to Super Bowl. 

PNGP will dominate, ever so slightly, LumW.  I think this one will come down to which kids stayed up late to play CoD Black Ops, and which ones stayed up late to play Modern Warfare 3.  I'll let you draw conclusions as to which one is better.  PNGP moves on to the Super Bowl. 

Side Predeictions:  I predict 13 posts before the topic takes a detour into another realm of discussion.  I predict 4 posts before bradyb tells someone they are wrong.  I predict 8 posts before someone totally butchers the english language.
[/quote]
Lol that's good stuff!! Lum B and Lum W move on. Lum B will win by 13 or more, Lum W will win in a close one.

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314522" timestamp="1351604996"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105438.msg1314508#msg1314508 date=1351604214]
Oh and Bridge City will beat OF and I'm sure [b]WOS will completely demolish Kountze[/b].
[/quote]
Hey, you got something right for a change!
[/quote]
Actually, I've picked a lot of games correct so far.

[quote name="White4Life22" post="1316545" timestamp="1351827460"]
Png-White in a shocker 12-30! Png-Purple 0-28 steam roll! Bring on the spell checkers!
[/quote]

You're gonna have to pull it off from the Visitor's side of your own stadium.  Word is PNG teams are going to have to sit on the visitor side of their stadium...good luck with that. 

[quote name="shockg" post="1316773" timestamp="1351867311"]
[quote author=White4Life22 link=topic=105438.msg1316545#msg1316545 date=1351827460]
Png-White in a shocker 12-30! Png-Purple 0-28 steam roll! Bring on the spell checkers!
[/quote]

You're gonna have to pull it off from the Visitor's side of your own stadium.  Word is PNG teams are going to have to sit on the visitor side of their stadium...good luck with that.
[/quote]

Are you serious, that sucks for PNG and seems a little ridiculous that the higher seeded Purple would have to sit on the visitor side of their own stadium....let me guess Lumberton has something to do with it!?!?!?

[quote name="Horns46" post="1316849" timestamp="1351870881"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105438.msg1316773#msg1316773 date=1351867311]
[quote author=White4Life22 link=topic=105438.msg1316545#msg1316545 date=1351827460]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you serious, that sucks for PNG and seems a little ridiculous that the higher seeded Purple would have to sit on the visitor side of their own stadium....let me guess Lumberton has something to do with it!?!?!?
[/quote]

From what I have heard, and it is speculation at this point, it is the STJFL president that pushed for it.  Whether or not it is finalized, I don't know.  He is from Lumberton....not necessarily meaning that Lumberton YFA has anything to do with it...

I know that Lumberton has some higher seeded teams playing, but so does PNG and other cities.  PNG has a nice facility, but they usually have their teams sit on the home side, regardless of seed.  That is how it has been when we played there in the past.  I don't know why it would matter to the STJFL president, but it apparently does.  I know if I went to a visiting site that had opened up their doors and volunteers for my kids, I would be happy to sit on the visitor side, regardless. 

And to be clear...when I say speculation, it is with the same speculation that all of us on this message board become aware of just about everything.  I am not on the STJFL board and have not been in conversations discussing it.  I have only heard from some that have.  Not that it matters in the end to the kids that play, but I would be extremely motivated if I were a PNG team. 

I know you're reading my posts and thinking..."dang shockg, this board is about predictions.  Why you on here spouting all that home/visitor side junk?  Why should we care what you think?"

To you I say this:  PNGW will Raid the Raiders (get it), and will dominate...part of the game.  I did not go to PNG, but I understand they hate dogs....except being the underdog.  Have no fear, the underdog is here.  PNGW Wins.  See you in the loser bracket LumB.

PNGP will Raid the Raiders too (get it)....Not much to be said about PNGP...they are ok, yet still the underdog.  PNGP does the impossible, pulling a triple lindy to narrowly win the day, get the girl, and send LumW home with a 1 and 1 record in the playoffs.  I cannot stress carpooling enough. 

As for the home/visitor side junk...if PNG is forced to sit on visitor side, my confidence in my prediction goes up 10%.  Why you should care what I think:  Because I have never been wrong about anything that I cared about more than the average amounts of times I cared about serious things. 

[quote name="shockg" post="1316862" timestamp="1351871516"]
[quote author=Horns46 link=topic=105438.msg1316849#msg1316849 date=1351870881]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105438.msg1316773#msg1316773 date=1351867311]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From what I have heard, and it is speculation at this point, it is the STJFL president that pushed for it.  Whether or not it is finalized, I don't know.  He is from Lumberton....not necessarily meaning that Lumberton YFA has anything to do with it...

I know that Lumberton has some higher seeded teams playing, but so does PNG and other cities.  PNG has a nice facility, but they usually have their teams sit on the home side, regardless of seed.  That is how it has been when we played there in the past.  I don't know why it would matter to the STJFL president, but it apparently does.  I know if I went to a visiting site that had opened up their doors and volunteers for my kids, I would be happy to sit on the visitor side, regardless.
[/quote]

If you want to know about something I say then contact me directly. My phone number and email address is available on the website for all to see. That would be better than adding drama to this public forum with some speculation you heard about.

What I said was that we should not be making concessions for any teams based on where they are from because the playoffs are an STJFL event that we pay for and not about a host organization or home field advantage. We pay for the stadium and there needs to be more of a benefit for higher seeding than what town you come from. We did make concessions last year and I told PNG yesterday that they could seat folks wherever they needed to this year but that we would find neutral sites from this point forward.

I'll say it again if you ever hear something you cannot verify then call someone before you post it on this public forum.

I guess what I heard was correct, except for the detail of the STJFL (your) reasoning.  Also, the speculation of where I heard this did not come from PNG.  When you tell or will tell PNG something, you may make sure the gossip closer to your home is online with what you tell PNG as well.  Why should I call you, when you are free to post as well.  It is a public forum and I will be happy to post what I want...as long as it is within the rules.  Just because I didn't hear it from you, does not mean it was not true, and as you can see, I was not wrong.  How I choose to interpret STFJL (your) reasoning is my business, and people can agree or disagree.  I take it you disagree.

Thanks for the information on neutral sites from here on out.  I think that is an excellent idea and would help get rid of any home biasness.    Each home organization that hosts provides volunteers.  The STJFL will need to find some willing volunteers to setup and tear down each game...but I'm sure there will be many to step up.  Especially if their teams are out of the playoffs already.  I'm also sure that you can find a neutral site that has enough space to have multiple games occur at once.  Hopefully it will be a STJFL board vote and not a unilateral STJFL president decision. 

It's funny because I actually had a Lumberton parent tell me this at work today making fun of PNG because "we are taking over their house".  I don't have a dog in this fight just glad I don't live in either city....  He also laughed at having some " home town officials working their games"

There is a monatary benefit for the hosting school.

The hosting school profits from the money from the concession stand revenue which is well worth the work.

OF hosted last week 1st Round and made enough for much need supplies and equipment that the league needed and it was only 15 game.

PNG will host 20 games and I'm sure its worth the work for the entire league. 

Multiple schools put their name in the hat every year for every round. And it's voted on, not "given". Because every league knows the fundraiser potential.

As far as the STJFL President running the show, we All have equal say in what goes on.

[quote name="shockg" post="1316972" timestamp="1351876226"]
I guess what I heard was correct, except for the detail of the STJFL (your) reasoning.  Also, the speculation of where I heard this did not come from PNG.  When you tell or will tell PNG something, you may make sure the gossip closer to your home is online with what you tell PNG as well.  Why should I call you, when you are free to post as well.  It is a public forum and I will be happy to post what I want...as long as it is within the rules.  Just because I didn't hear it from you, does not mean it was not true, and as you can see, I was not wrong.  How I choose to interpret STFJL (your) reasoning is my business, and people can agree or disagree.  I take it you disagree.

Thanks for the information on neutral sites from here on out.  I think that is an excellent idea and would help get rid of any home biasness.    Each home organization that hosts provides volunteers.  The STJFL will need to find some willing volunteers to setup and tear down each game...but I'm sure there will be many to step up.  Especially if their teams are out of the playoffs already.  I'm also sure that you can find a neutral site that has enough space to have multiple games occur at once.  Hopefully it will be a STJFL board vote and not a unilateral STJFL president decision.
[/quote]

I've been out of town and have only talked to STJFL board members and my family since yesterday. I don't know where any of the rumors came from. This is an open forum and you can post what you wish... Just know that when you post something that is not true then you will be called on it.

[quote name="Horns46" post="1316979" timestamp="1351876683"]
It's funny because I actually had a Lumberton parent tell me this at work today making fun of PNG because "we are taking over their house".  I don't have a dog in this fight just glad I don't live in either city....  He also laughed at having some " home town officials working their games"
[/quote]
(second time for me to post this):  Same situation for me.  I do not know about the officials, you need to talk to teamraider before you post something dramatic like that.  The lumberton v. PNG rivalry is comical to me.  I wonder if the kids feel the same as the grown-ups do about it.  Oh well.  We have not been successful v. either of them.

Although I posted about the home-seating-issue-that-is-not-an-issue-and-will-not-be-an-issue-in-the-future-because-of-neutral-sites, it is being discussed in other public forums, such as work, schools, gas stations, restaurants.  I will get some cards to hand out to folks when they discuss STJFL things without having contacted teamraider first.  The cards will have teamraider's number, or at least direct them to the website to contact him.

(Public Opinion Forum Disclosure:  The last two sentances were an exageration.  No cards with teamraider's number will be generated, printed, distributed or sold without teamraider's consent.  No referall to any websites with teamraider's information will be disseminated.  It was a joke, only a joke.) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin