The Purple Mass Exodus Poll

GoDogs27

When do you think the Indian "faithful" will begin their mass exodus?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the Indian "faithful" will begin their mass exodus?

• Beginning of 2nd Quarter
    • Halftime
    • Middle of 3rd Quarter
    • 5 Minutes left in game
    • They will stay until the end

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1300028" timestamp="1350179668"]
So I find myself on here reading another shallow minded comment from you dog1988. You will never have what PN-G has and it shows terribly. All you Indian faithfull forget this guy with nothing better to do than pick for he will be gone as soon as Big Ned has a bad season. I think both of these two schools have a great fan base but there is no doubt who is the best. Cant wait to see this game.
[/quote]

???

I think you mean thedogs1987? He didnt post anything though??

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1300035" timestamp="1350180070"]
No I dont mean him
[/quote]
im so confused... your post made no sense

oh wait, maybe you meant me and your panties got twisted up because someone was having a little too much fun with MCM.. First, I make every Nederland game I can, year in and year out, good and bad times.. Its still fun to me whether we are having a good year or not so good year.. Secondly, do I sometimes leave games early too? yes, but not often. If I do its because I have to wake up at 4 AM to go to work. And I am sure lots of people have their reasons. I am not saying Nederlands fan base is superior or vice versa. Its just having a little fun. Its MCM for pete's sake! Dont have to always have a stick up your butt.. Loosen up and live a little, its fun. I love this game and this rivalry. My point was that all I heard for so long was how PNG is so faithful and doesnt leave games early and last year the stands were raining purple after that play.. So I am just having a little fun with it..  ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1300038" timestamp="1350180182"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=104664.msg1300035#msg1300035 date=1350180070]
No I dont mean him
[/quote]

oh wait, maybe you meant me and your panties got twisted up because someone was having a little too much fun with MCM.. First, I make every Nederland game I can, year in and year out, good and bad times.. Its still fun to me whether we are having a good year or not so good year.. Secondly, do I sometimes leave games early too? yes, but not often. If I do its because I have to wake up at 4 AM to go to work. And I am sure lots of people have their reasons. I am not saying Nederlands fan base is superior or vice versa. Its just having a little fun. Its MCM for pete's sake! Dont have to always have a stick up your butt.. Loosen up and live a little, its fun. I love this game and this rivalry. My point was that all I heard for so long was how PNG is so faithful and doesnt leave games early and last year the stands were raining purple after that play.. So I am just having a little fun with it..  ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]
check your pm

I am an NDN fan and have gone to many a game in the last 20 plus years and we never leave early. Now I am just one family. I do know there are tons of people who only go to games to be seen or to say they went to the game. We also have bandwagon fans just like every other school they jump on the band wagon when we are winning and tear down when they are having a bad year.

I saw it last night at the game. The stands were no where near as full as they would have been if we were winning more games this rear. All I can say is that if you weren't at the game last night you missed a good show. I will continue to go to watch my NDNS weather they win or lose. I will cheer them on every Friday night.

I can't wait for MCM it is normally the BEST game of the season. Good Luck NDNS.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1300051" timestamp="1350181327"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104664.msg1300038#msg1300038 date=1350180182]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=104664.msg1300035#msg1300035 date=1350180070]
No I dont mean him
[/quote]

[/quote]
check your pm
[/quote]
Lol misunderstanding is now understood.. We can all carry on now..

I'm not from PNG or Nederland. I'm born, raised, graduated in, and still live in Beaumont. When I was in High School, we played both PNG and Nederland and I remember there was a GIANT rivalry between the 2 schools. I was in the era beginning the West Brook and Central rivalry but as I recall it was nothing compared to the PNG and Nederland rivalry. Is this still that huge and going on still today? I don't keep up with high school that much now. I just remember it being monumental. Nothing as fun as Texas high school football rivalries.

It is still a big rivalry. It seems like bamakid had a claim that it is the biggest one in the state. Not sure if he was making reference to some kind of poll or article that made that claim or he was just stating his opinion. It still has all of the elements like long running, close by, both schools have great tradition, some players are 3rd and 4th generation families, almost always a game that is not necessarily won by the team that is supposed to win. Great fun, great atmosphere, kids and coaches being sick before the game from nerves. Its kind of like Texas and A&M in that if you win this game its a great season no matter what else happens.

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1300086" timestamp="1350183114"]
I'm not from PNG or Nederland. I'm born, raised, graduated in, and still live in Beaumont. When I was in High School, we played both PNG and Nederland and I remember there was a GIANT rivalry between the 2 schools. I was in the era beginning the West Brook and Central rivalry but as I recall it was nothing compared to the PNG and Nederland rivalry. Is this still that huge and going on still today? I don't keep up with high school that much now. I just remember it being monumental. Nothing as fun as Texas high school football rivalries.
[/quote]

To answer your question, yes. It is every bit as big. The vandalism type stuff has cooled down in recent years, but everything else is pretty much the same. I think DCTF ranked it in the top three as far as Texas rivalries..

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1300122" timestamp="1350184679"]
Having fun GD27?  That's ok.  You know what they say...

EVERY dog has it's day.  You KNOW it's just a matter of time.

Kick us now,  while we're down,  cuz it won't last forever.
[/quote]

Hey I am not kicking, just doing a little smack talk. People need to wake up, this is MCM! Where is the Indian smack-talk at??

And yes, Nederland will have down years too, everyone does..

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1300122" timestamp="1350184679"]
Having fun GD27?  That's ok.  You know what they say...

EVERY dog has it's day.  You KNOW it's just a matter of time.

Kick us now,  while we're down,  cuz it won't last forever.
[/quote]

Yep we have been down a lot over the years and been kicked around a lot, tell me how does it feel, not good huh  >:( I guess that what makes MCM one of the best games in the state.

Some of you non mid county folks would be happy with 1/3 of the crowds PNG or Nederland draws week end and week out - winning or losing.

Funny how its always the ones with the little ones.... So concerned with the size of the others.

Crowds.... That is. Size of the crowds.  ;)

[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1300449" timestamp="1350238280"]
Some of you non mid county folks would be happy with 1/3 of the crowds PNG or Nederland draws week end and week out - winning or losing.

Funny how its always the ones with the little ones.... So concerned with the size of the others.

Crowds.... That is. Size of the crowds.  ;)
[/quote]

That has to be the best post ever.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476