png boss

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1300215" timestamp="1350190642"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300213#msg1300213 date=1350190286]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300212#msg1300212 date=1350190158]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300207#msg1300207 date=1350189691]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300200#msg1300200 date=1350188892]
Bamakid, that's extreme. I travel the state of Texas every month and outside of sets, nobody knows who PNG is. Most people in Houston don't even know. Coaches put in for jobs to scare their schools to give them more money. ie. Dahner and Liberty Hill coach when PNG job was open, and Neuman a couple years ago with applying at LaMarque.
[/quote]

Then you must be meeting different people than I am, because I've met people who do in New York, Washington, Florida, here in Tuscaloosa, and in several places across Texas, including Lubbock, Austin and San Antonio. And yes, many people in Houston, particularly people 40 and up who remember PN-G's numerous trips to the Astrodome.

[/quote]
You live in Alabama. I drive 3000 miles a month around Texas and almost every town you can think of. I promise you, your exaggerating. Come on man, PNG has some neat traditions, but it's just another high school. Once you get past Baytown, nobody cares who PNG is. Just saying. 70's are over. You weren't even born. Lol
[/quote]

Ok, you drive 3000 miles a month. Cool. I'm just telling you, I have met people in all of those places that have either pulled me aside because I was wearing something purple or asked me where I was from and knew exactly what I was talking about when I told them. Many also knew about TJ and WO-S and a few even knew about Nederland.
[/quote]
I said the miles to make point. It's really a silly argument. Remember I just moved from Port Neches, so I know all about what is talked about in the PN and Groves communities.Good luck to y'all.
[/quote]

Good luck in Barbies Hill. You picking arguments with kids about who may or may not have heard of PNG, coupled with throwing how many miles you drive across Texas should make you fit in perfectly in Barbers Hill. "TradinUp" ? Um.... Yeah, I'm holding my hand over my mouth trying not to giggle at that.

PNG known worldwide? Now that's funny. Might wanna take off the purple glasses there bamakid. I've been in every state in the nation because of either the navy or vacations and i've met more people who knew vidor then png. Wasn't because of football but still. PNG who? Gimme a break.  ::)

We'll see what your saying after Vidor's homecoming.

Just for giggles, I went to the Notre Dame Camp in between my Junior and Senior year of HS. That fist day on the field, I was wearing my flying WOS shirt (Just the letters, WOS, no name or mascot) and a Notre Dame coach walked up to me and said "your from West Orange-Stark. Now, this is a college coach that has probably scouted SETX many times. Just making a point that recognizing a school from far away might not be so far fetched. The funniest time was when I lived in Forney. I went to the Wal Mart in Rockwall with a Mustangs shirt on. Didnt get a very nice welcome from a man. LOL This was a few years ago, but he told me that was the last time they had made the playoffs. '87

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300339" timestamp="1350229044"]
PNG known worldwide? Now that's funny. Might wanna take off the purple glasses there bamakid. I've been in every state in the nation because of either the navy or vacations and i've met more people who knew vidor then png. Wasn't because of football but still. PNG who? Gimme a break.  ::)

[/quote]

I never said PN-G was recognized worldwide, I said we have a certain extent of nationwide recognition. I can back that up with plenty of personal experience. I also said that TJ and WO-S get a similar amount of recognition, and that Nederland gets some as well.

And if Vidor's getting attention for something besides football, all I can say is that I'm sorry. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300379" timestamp="1350233500"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104657.msg1300339#msg1300339 date=1350229044]

[/quote]

I never said PN-G was recognized worldwide, I said we have a certain extent of nationwide recognition. I can back that up with plenty of personal experience. I also said that TJ and WO-S get a similar amount of recognition, and that Nederland gets some as well.

And if Vidor's getting attention for something besides football, all I can say is that I'm sorry. ;D
[/quote]
Just pointing out what i have experienced outside of SETX. PNG isn't really that known. I have yet to meet someone outside of SETX that knows PNG and i've been to plenty of places.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300389" timestamp="1350233961"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300379#msg1300379 date=1350233500]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104657.msg1300339#msg1300339 date=1350229044]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Just pointing out what i have experienced outside of SETX. PNG isn't really that known. I have yet to meet someone outside of SETX that knows PNG and i've been to plenty of places.
[/quote]

Then you must be talking to different people than I am, because I've met plenty. I've been pulled aside wearing purple or had people start talking about the Indians upon mentioning that I was from Port Neches. I've cited plenty of specific examples, and I'm not the only one here who has mentioned that some of our local high schools are recognized outside of Southeast Texas. PN-G is recognized. It's just the God's honest truth.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300392" timestamp="1350234150"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104657.msg1300389#msg1300389 date=1350233961]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300379#msg1300379 date=1350233500]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Then you must be talking to different people than I am, because I've met plenty. I've been pulled aside wearing purple or had people start talking about the Indians upon mentioning that I was from Port Neches. I've cited plenty of specific examples, and I'm not the only one hear who has mentioned that some of our local high schools are recognized outside of Southeast Texas. PN-G is recognized. It's just the God's honest truth.
[/quote]
Yes they are recognized. But not as much as you think. Yes you have been pulled aside several times but there are times i've talked football with many people from the likes of Virginia, Oklahoma, Florida, Louisiana, New York, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, and many more other state and never has someone recognized the name png but 3 times has people recognized Vidor.

Vidor is recognized too. It's just the God's honest truth.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300399" timestamp="1350234345"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300392#msg1300392 date=1350234150]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104657.msg1300389#msg1300389 date=1350233961]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Then you must be talking to different people than I am, because I've met plenty. I've been pulled aside wearing purple or had people start talking about the Indians upon mentioning that I was from Port Neches. I've cited plenty of specific examples, and I'm not the only one hear who has mentioned that some of our local high schools are recognized outside of Southeast Texas. PN-G is recognized. It's just the God's honest truth.
[/quote]
Yes they are recognized. But not as much as you think. Yes you have been pulled aside several times but there are times i've talked football with many people from the likes of Virginia, Oklahoma, Florida, Louisiana, New York, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, and many more other state and never has someone recognized the name png but 3 times has people recognized Vidor.

[/quote]

I never said Vidor doesn't get any recognition. Actually, I've met people who knew about the "Oh My God He Gots A Knife" YouTube video. My only point here is that PN-G has a significant amount of recognition outside of Southeast Texas, and I never said that was all due to football. In fact, the Cleveland store owner I mentioned knew us because of the band.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300404" timestamp="1350234701"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104657.msg1300399#msg1300399 date=1350234345]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300392#msg1300392 date=1350234150]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never said Vidor doesn't get any recognition. Actually, I've met people who knew about the "Oh My God He Gots A Knife" YouTube video. My only point here is that PN-G has a significant amount of recognition outside of Southeast Texas, and I never said that was all due to football. In fact, the Cleveland store owner I mentioned knew us because of the band.
[/quote]
Touche. What i am arguing is that PNG isn't as known nationwide as you think.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300406" timestamp="1350234806"]
Touche. What i am arguing is that PNG isn't as known nationwide as you think.
[/quote]

What level of recognition we get is arbitrary, hard to judge and even harder to argue about. Unless we're going to start scientific polling across the country, there's no way to determine that. The fact that a high school gets any is what's worth mentioning.

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104657.msg1300407#msg1300407 date=1350234840]
whats a png? never heard of a png. sounds like a train injun.  ;D
[/quote]

Well, we did recently derail an L-Train....

[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1300313" timestamp="1350224765"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300215#msg1300215 date=1350190642]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300213#msg1300213 date=1350190286]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300212#msg1300212 date=1350190158]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104657.msg1300207#msg1300207 date=1350189691]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300200#msg1300200 date=1350188892]
Bamakid, that's extreme. I travel the state of Texas every month and outside of sets, nobody knows who PNG is. Most people in Houston don't even know. Coaches put in for jobs to scare their schools to give them more money. ie. Dahner and Liberty Hill coach when PNG job was open, and Neuman a couple years ago with applying at LaMarque.
[/quote]

Then you must be meeting different people than I am, because I've met people who do in New York, Washington, Florida, here in Tuscaloosa, and in several places across Texas, including Lubbock, Austin and San Antonio. And yes, many people in Houston, particularly people 40 and up who remember PN-G's numerous trips to the Astrodome.

[/quote]
You live in Alabama. I drive 3000 miles a month around Texas and almost every town you can think of. I promise you, your exaggerating. Come on man, PNG has some neat traditions, but it's just another high school. Once you get past Baytown, nobody cares who PNG is. Just saying. 70's are over. You weren't even born. Lol
[/quote]

Ok, you drive 3000 miles a month. Cool. I'm just telling you, I have met people in all of those places that have either pulled me aside because I was wearing something purple or asked me where I was from and knew exactly what I was talking about when I told them. Many also knew about TJ and WO-S and a few even knew about Nederland.
[/quote]
I said the miles to make point. It's really a silly argument. Remember I just moved from Port Neches, so I know all about what is talked about in the PN and Groves communities.Good luck to y'all.
[/quote]

Good luck in Barbies Hill. You picking arguments with kids about who may or may not have heard of PNG, coupled with throwing how many miles you drive across Texas should make you fit in perfectly in Barbers Hill. "TradinUp" ? Um.... Yeah, I'm holding my hand over my mouth trying not to giggle at that.
[/quote]
For the last time, the miles were said to make the point. Really don't to explain to you the reason, but I'm trying to keep it elementary for you. The name came from taking a poll when we moved what the name should be. It's all in good fun. I wasn't dissing PNG, but I can promise you I lived for a long time and could. Let's just keep it simple. If your a kid and get on here and make a blanket statement, then be ready to back it up. You must be Bamakids dad. Let it go. ;D ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1300389" timestamp="1350233961"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Everyone knows where Vidor is and is very well known, too bad its not football!!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1300420" timestamp="1350235905"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Everyone knows where Vidor is and is very well known, too bad its not football!!
[/quote]
2 of those guys who said they knew vidor was not because of what you think they are known for.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1300417" timestamp="1350235728"]
[quote author=CAL2TEX link=topic=104657.msg1300313#msg1300313 date=1350224765]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300215#msg1300215 date=1350190642]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
For the last time, the miles were said to make the point. Really don't to explain to you the reason, but I'm trying to keep it elementary for you. The name came from taking a poll when we moved what the name should be. It's all in good fun. I wasn't dissing PNG, but I can promise you I lived for a long time and could. Let's just keep it simple. If your a kid and get on here and make a blanket statement, then be ready to back it up. You must be Bamakids dad. Let it go. ;D ;D
[/quote]

That, sir, is an insult, because it implies that California is in my heritage. That's even worse than being form Barbers Hill. ;D

No offense, Cal2Tex.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1300428" timestamp="1350236625"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=104657.msg1300417#msg1300417 date=1350235728]
[quote author=CAL2TEX link=topic=104657.msg1300313#msg1300313 date=1350224765]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

That, sir, is an insult, because it implies that California is in my heritage. That's even worse than [b]living in [/b] Barbers Hill. ;D

No offense, Cal2Tex.
[/quote]
;D It was a joke Bamakid. Good luck to the NDNS the rest of the season. I changed it for you. ;)

I have a strategy question about Faircloth.  He has always had the philosophy that no one will play both ways.  This may work at a big school with tons of players, but shouldn't you try to get your best athletes on the field?  I know Nederland has at least 4 guys that play both ways and some others that rotate in.  Vidor does the same.  I was told that PN-G currently only has 15 guys that play defense.  That is no where near enough bodies and depth IMO and is a big reason they give up so many points.

Any thoughts on this?  Is Faircloth just being hardheaded and not adapting?  I personally would try to have my best athletes on the field at all times, but what do I know. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1300435" timestamp="1350237230"]
I have a strategy question about Faircloth.  He has always had the philosophy that no one will play both ways.  This may work at a big school with tons of players, but shouldn't you try to get your best athletes on the field?  I know Nederland has at least 4 guys that play both ways and some others that rotate in.  Vidor does the same.  I was told that PN-G currently only has 15 guys that play defense.  That is no where near enough bodies and depth IMO and is a big reason they give up so many points.

Any thoughts on this?  Is Faircloth just being hardheaded and not adapting?  I personally would try to have my best athletes on the field at all times, but what do I know.
[/quote]
That's a very good point.

[/quote]

This was explained a few years ago and I don't remember exactly what was said, but I think it was because of two reasons. The first was the potential for injury. If one of the players who plays both ways gets hurt, you've lost two starters instead of one. The other is stamina. I don't think Coach Faircloth likes wearing down starters that much.

Now I tend to agree that we might need to play some kids both ways. We're not a 5A program with talent in every crevice and this year has been particularly rough. But Faircloth has been very successful three of his four years here so far, so if he thinks what he's doing is working for him, I'm not going to argue it.

[/quote]
Talking about adapting, what about running the spread when you dont have the kids to the run the spread. Or, running QB sneaks on 4th in 1 in the spread... I think he is set in his ways. Nederland has adjuted and now has a blend, which I think helps our team overall.

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1300494" timestamp="1350240899"]
pngbama....png is not the top job in the state, if something better comes along, i'd leave, too!
[/quote]

11cbhill, don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was the top job in the state, only that there's a reason 52 applicants, including some of the state's most successful coaches, applied for the job in 2008.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder