SILSBEE AT BRIDGE CITY BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 45-20!!!

WOSgrad

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Txdragon" post="1298892" timestamp="1350099533"]
Good win Tigers, sure looking like an end of the season showdown, now we both just have to take care of business. Honestly, don't see anyone playing you close until that last game. Cards, good effort. I still think they will be the third place team,
[/quote]

Both teams continue to handle their business, that is going to be one heck of a game.

Silsbees 1st team defence flat out put stops to Bc offense. And Silsbees offense ran over BC defence.
Not sure what BC's Total offence was against Silsbees first team defence but it couldnt be much over 50 yards total. Great Job Tigers Now get some rest with a bye week heal up. and get ready to finish up the rest of the district games with the same intensity as the first part. Proud of you all.

Just a few quick stats:

1    2    3    4    T
Silsbee            7  10  21  7  45
Bridge City      7    0    6    7  20

Silsbee                                        Bridge City
Passing
P. Reed        11-21-213-1          D. Faulk        7-14-54-1-1
Rushing
P. Reed        11-48                    A. Hunter      20-60 TD
F. Spearman  9-30 3 TD              K. Dearbonne  6-16
K. Scott        4-13                      D. Faulk          5-4
Z. Jackson    2-45 TD                  T. Huffman      2-4
J. Holmes      2-2                        C. Dickerson    1-0
C. Elam        1-27 TD
Y. Brydson    1-3
J. Rodgers    1-2
T. Grisham    1-1
Receiving
J. Holmes      3-35                      C. Smith        2-21
M. Garcia      2-40                      A. Schubarth  2-21
Z. Jackson      2-17                      T. Carvenka    1-9 TD
C. Elam          1-84 TD                C. Trahan      1-2
L. Barns        1-17
K. Scott          1-11
J. Rodgers      1-9
                14              First Downs            7
                7                Rushing                3
                6                Passing                3
                1                Penalty                1
            5-10 50%      3rd Down        3-12  25%
            0-2  00%      4th Down        1-2    50%
            2-34.5 avg        Punt          7-33.1 avg
              6-6                  PAT            2-3
              1-1 20yds    Field Goal        0-0
                                  Turn Over
                2                Fumble            1
                0                  INT                1
            5-40                Penalties      7-48
            20:43              TOP            27:17

C. Elam INT 58 yard return              A. Hunter  84 yard     
C. Bird  Fumble recovery                kickoff return for TD

Great game Tigers.  Keep up the good play.  We need to work on kickoff coverage for the nect two weeks though.  I dont know if they do it every week but BC would not kick the ball deep, keeping the ball out of our return mens hands. But they couldnt keep from punting it to our return men.  With Chris and Jordan back there you almost expect a big return every time.  I wonder what is going through the opposing coached heads when they have to punt?

We all know it probably will be Silsbee and wo-s for the district title I'm a huge tiger fan and always will be , but I am really nervous about wo-s they will probably shut out everyone in our district , we have to find better offensive play if we expect to compete with them their defense is the real deal. I think our tigers will rise to the occasion but come that week I would put a ton of focus on the offensive line and protect reed every way possible Silsbee coaches will need a super game plan and a monumental effort to win that game , but the good news is it can be done tigers we lace up just like they do. Good luck tigers keep on winning.

Pretty good all around game for Silsbee's Chris Elam.

Had a 27 yard rushing TD, an 84 yard reception for TD, an interception return of 38 yards to set up a TD, and a punt return of 55 yards to the 5 yard line to set up another Tiger TD.

Jordan Holmes also had a punt return of 40 yards. It was the only two times the Tiger returners could get their hands on the ball due to BC intentionally punting it away from them the other 5 times.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1299253" timestamp="1350133789"]
Pretty good all around game for Silsbee's Chris Elam.

Had a 27 yard rushing TD, an 84 yard reception for TD, an interception return of 38 yards to set up a TD, and a punt return of 55 yards to the 5 yard line to set up another Tiger TD.

Jordan Holmes also had a punt return of 40 yards. It was the only two times the Tiger returners could get their hands on the ball due to BC intentionally punting it away from them the other 5 times.
[/quote]Yes they did.  I believe the other teams come into this game with the intensions to say we will keep the kicks and punts away from them. but soon find out they are giving the offense good field position doing that and they score. So it becomes a dang if you do dang if you dont type of situation

[quote name="skipper" post="1299308" timestamp="1350137316"]
sounds like the tigers had a super game plan lastnight and the cards played there hearts out and never gave up.it was good to see so many wo-s players and coaches there now thay saw first hand what comming after them in time
[/quote]The Tigers did play a great game last night. But I still give WOS the advantage in the final game of the season. WOS has a great team. I just hope the game comes down to a real showdown. And proves to be one of the best games of the year in Southeast texas. The stands should be packed for this one.

First of all congrats to Silsbee on the win, they were the better team and deserved the "W". To me you can sum up the game in two words "big plays". Silsbee fumbles opening snap resulting in a BC score, Silsbee breaks a 44yd run for a score, BC runs back a kickoff, Silsbee scores on an 84 yd pass, BC fumbles a kickoff return, and so on. Neither team mounted an impressive offensive series where they drove the ball 70 or 80 yards on a 10 plus play drive, which in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter (especially if you are Silsbee) if you score on 2 plays. Silsbee played on a short field most of the night and that spelled trouble for the BC defense. I'm not sure where this theory of BC kicking away from the Silsbee return guys came from? I guess if you shank 3 punts then you can call that kicking away from them but that's a stretch at best. Also if you look at BC for the last 3 to 4 years they kickoff to the same area almost religously, that's just how they set up, and yes it drives the fans nuts. One positive thing from last nights game for both teams is there were no injuries. BC really needed to keep everyone healthy, the last few weeks have been hard on the Cardinals.

Going forward Silsbee will certainly welcome the bye week, you could tell the injured QB was not as explosive as he has been so the rest will help. For BC the real season will start next week with a trip to HF as the Cardinals try to stay in the hunt for the 3rd playoff spot with the rest of district 21-3A. Silsbee and WOS have virtually locked up playoff spots while the last spot is still up for grabs. The next few weeks will be crazy for sure. Again congrats to the Tigers on a well deserved the win. 

Rake1

As far as my 'theory' about kicking s away from our return men,  I wa mainly talking about the kick offs.  And like I said they may do that routinely. You just stated that, so that must be threw case. As far as the punts, definitely several were just poor  kicks just from watching them.  The ones that were returnable were returned for big yardage as has been the case most of the time this year for the Tigers.  These two have been doing a great job and I am sure  coaches are trying to find ways to keep them from getting that chance.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1299333" timestamp="1350139273"]
First of all congrats to Silsbee on the win, they were the better team and deserved the "W". To me you can sum up the game in two words "big plays". Silsbee fumbles opening snap resulting in a BC score, Silsbee breaks a 44yd run for a score, BC runs back a kickoff, Silsbee scores on an 84 yd pass, BC fumbles a kickoff return, and so on. Neither team mounted an impressive offensive series where they[b] drove the ball 70 or 80 yards on a 10 plus play drive[/b], which in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter (especially if you are Silsbee) if you score on 2 plays. Silsbee played on a short field most of the night and that spelled trouble for the BC defense. I'm not sure where this theory of BC kicking away from the Silsbee return guys came from? I guess if you shank 3 punts then you can call that kicking away from them but that's a stretch at best. Also if you look at BC for the last 3 to 4 years they kickoff to the same area almost religously, that's just how they set up, and yes it drives the fans nuts. One positive thing from last nights game for both teams is there were no injuries. BC really needed to keep everyone healthy, the last few weeks have been hard on the Cardinals.

Going forward Silsbee will certainly welcome the bye week, you could tell the injured QB was not as explosive as he has been so the rest will help. For BC the real season will start next week with a trip to HF as the Cardinals try to stay in the hunt for the 3rd playoff spot with the rest of district 21-3A. Silsbee and WOS have virtually locked up playoff spots while the last spot is still up for grabs. The next few weeks will be crazy for sure. Again congrats to the Tigers on a well deserved the win. 

Rake1
[/quote]

In the past several weeks Silsbee rarely takes 10 plays to travel 70 and 80 yards for a TD.

[quote name="FootballCrazy1990" post="1299628" timestamp="1350152083"]
That'll change when Wos come to town
[/quote]

We will worry about wos when that week gets here. Right now we have a bye week, then two other games. It'll get here when it gets here, ya'll just have to wait. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="12996" timestamp="1350152406"]
Honestly winning district doesn't matter when you play the same dang team EVERY YEAR in the playoffs it seems. 3rd place you play Huffman. 1st place you play Huffman.
[/quote]

When you are the big school in the district that is what happens.  Huffman was threw biggest school in their district before the realignment I believe.  Numbers this time give Splendora that distinction but they just can't seem to make the playoffs.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1299317" timestamp="1350137884"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=104565.msg1299308#msg1299308 date=1350137316]
sounds like the tigers had a super game plan lastnight and the cards played there hearts out and never gave up.it was good to see so many wo-s players and coaches there now thay saw first hand what comming after them in time
[/quote]The Tigers did play a great game last night. But I still give WOS the advantage in the final game of the season. WOS has a great team. I just hope the game comes down to a real showdown. And proves to be one of the best games of the year in Southeast texas. The stands should be packed for this one.
[/quote]

I agree should be a great game. Two great teams. The way a district championship SHOULD be decided. Hope we can keep our part of the bargain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder