BEAUMONT OZEN AT LIVINGSTON GAME THREAD/LIONS win 21-14!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="409Fan" post="1298942" timestamp="1350100669"]
All I have to say is, according to my source that heard about the game, "there's a sh@t storm on the Panthers side." [b]Some huge mistakes by the refs [/b] and tension on the sideline
[/quote]

SAW IT FIRST HAND IN THE DAY / LIV GAME  ;) ;D  HOMETOWN AT ITS FINEST

[quote name="uandme08" post="1299111" timestamp="1350107327"]
[quote author=409Fan link=topic=104558.msg1298942#msg1298942 date=1350100669]
All I have to say is, according to my source that heard about the game, "there's a sh@t storm on the Panthers side." Some huge mistakes by the refs and tension on the sideline
[/quote]
Can't believe I'm agreeing with u on something lol. Trust me I'm not downing livingston in anyway but the refs were horrible. Anybody at the game left with a few new made up cuss words. How I wish this game was televised cuz it would beat America's funniest home videos by a landslide. Seems we got the bottom of the bunch of replacement refs.

Good job Livingston, good luck the rest of the way.
[/quote]my man, you are right about the ref's, worst crew I ever witness in my life. My daugther who doesn't know much about the game said she could have done a better job. Every time the whistle blew they held up the game for 3 minutes for discussion, they didn't make a lot of bad calls, but 2 of the calls in the game I still don't understand what they called. They weren't our ref's both coaches agreed on them, but I hope I never see that crew do another game in my life. Good luck to you all the rest of the way.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1299818" timestamp="1350162355"]
Did not expect this thought Ozen would smoke this one.........
[/quote]Well, really Ozen is a good team but I still believe the best team won, and the calls by the ref's did not determine the game in anyway. This crew was not a good working crew, but nothing they call affected the outcome of the game. They just turn a 2 hour game into a 3 hour game that's all they really did.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1299954" timestamp="1350173501"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=104558.msg1299818#msg1299818 date=1350162355]
[/quote]Well, really Ozen is a good team but I still believe the best team won, and the calls by the ref's did not determine the game in anyway. This crew was not a good working crew, but [b]nothing they call affected the outcome of the game[/b]. They just turn a 2 hour game into a 3 hour game that's all they really did.
[/quote]
Are you serious they called back a 45 yard gain by ozen that had the panthers in scoring position to tie the game up in the 4th qtr, there was not a flag on the field, or never a flag thrown to explain their actions... all we saw from the stands was the livingston coach yelling and screaming and then there was a meeting for 5 mins and then the ball was not only moved back 15 the first time but picked up again and then it was as if they played the initial down over, but that normally follows a flag which was never thrown seen or justified

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1300009" timestamp="1350178577"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104558.msg1299954#msg1299954 date=1350173501]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=104558.msg1299818#msg1299818 date=1350162355]
[/quote]Well, really Ozen is a good team but I still believe the best team won, and the calls by the ref's did not determine the game in anyway. This crew was not a good working crew, but [b]nothing they call affected the outcome of the game[/b]. They just turn a 2 hour game into a 3 hour game that's all they really did.
[/quote]
Are you serious they called back a 45 yard gain by ozen that had the panthers in scoring position to tie the game up in the 4th qtr, there was not a flag on the field, or never a flag thrown to explain their actions... all we saw from the stands was the livingston coach yelling and screaming and then there was a meeting for 5 mins and then the ball was not only moved back 15 the first time but picked up again and then it was as if they played the initial down over, but that normally follows a flag which was never thrown seen or justified
[/quote]I recall that play as well, the call was that the ref had not blown the whistle for the ball to be in play when you team snapped the ball. So yes I'm serious, as I said before, this was the slowest crew I have ever seen, all they did was hold up the game and frustrated me, but you do have to wait until the ref blows the whistle after the clock has stopped. I had no problem with the call because it was the right call but to hold up the game for 20 minutes was crazy.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1300022" timestamp="1350179395"]
[quote author=ozens fastest@1906 link=topic=104558.msg1300009#msg1300009 date=1350178577]
[/quote]
[/quote]I recall that play as well, the call was that the ref had not blown the whistle for the ball to be in play when you team snapped the ball. So yes I'm serious, as I said before, this was the slowest crew I have ever seen, all they did was hold up the game and frustrated me, but you do have to wait until the ref blows the whistle after the clock has stopped. I had no problem with the call because it was the right call but to hold up the game for 20 minutes was crazy.
[/quote]
Actually you're wrong. I heard that the ref (for no reason whatsoever) blew the whistle early and the defense stopped and that's why the play was a big run. Problem is the refs didnt blow the whistle, maybe the people in the stands who we're blowing whistles all night did it, and the defense didnt stop pursuing the play AT ALL. Secondly, how come the coach can act all animated and talk directly to the refs. Now I don't like to blame refs for bad calls either because there are more than one plays in a game, however this play was worse than the Packers vs Seahawks controversial call. A game changer.

[quote name="409Fan" post="1300579" timestamp="1350249481"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104558.msg1300022#msg1300022 date=1350179395]
[quote author=ozens fastest@1906 link=topic=104558.msg1300009#msg1300009 date=1350178577]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Actually you're wrong. I heard that the ref (for no reason whatsoever) blew the whistle early and the defense stopped and that's why the play was a big run. Problem is the refs didnt blow the whistle, maybe the people in the stands who we're blowing whistles all night did it, and the defense didnt stop pursuing the play AT ALL. Secondly, how come the coach can act all animated and talk directly to the refs. Now I don't like to blame refs for bad calls either because there are more than one plays in a game, however this play was worse than the Packers vs Seahawks controversial call. A game changer.
[/quote]

Agreed TOTALLY!!!! I was there also on the sideline. It was one of the most HORRIBLE experiences I've ever had at a hsfb game. The livingston coach was yelling at the ref, red in face, 10-15yds from the sideline on the field. The 45yd "wipeout" was extremely timely also. An inadvertent whistle?? Then livingston at the least should've penalized seeing that the whistle came from their sideline. Smh..congrats to the lions on ur.....win. This is an experience I will NEVER 4get.

Well game is over now we must agree, As I said the ref's were bad but that call was in no way the game, you had chance to tie the score after that call. With over 3 mins in the game you had the ball on Livingston 20 yard line, they stop you all 3 downs and on 4th and 5 your QB was flushed out of the pocket and threw an interception, that was the game with 3 mintues left on the clock. Livingston ran out the clock, truth is the game never should have been that close, Livingston was running the ball on you all at will and their coach got out of his game plan after going up 14-0.  Of course I understand we will see it different, but this game is in the books, now I'm looking forward to seeing you all play LCM. No time to linger here you have to move forward. Good luck in next game and hope the best team win.

[quote name="409Fan" post="1300579" timestamp="1350249481"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I didn't hear any whistles blowing in the stands, but what I saw it was a timeout and the refs were taking a water break and after the ref sit the ball down they snapped it before he blew his whistle and ran over the little water boy as he was coming off the field. he was knocked out or scared to death and needed medical attention.

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1300936" timestamp="1350308092"]
[quote author=409Fan link=topic=104558.msg1300579#msg1300579 date=1350249481]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I didn't hear any whistles blowing in the stands, but what I saw it was a timeout and the refs were taking a water break and after the ref sit the ball down they snapped it before he blew his whistle and ran over the little water boy as he was coming off the field. he was knocked out or scared to death and needed medical attention.
[/quote]
There are so many versions to this one particular bad call that it's not even funny. Nobody truly knows what happened including the "refs". There were so many bad calls and bad spots, you can't just chose one lol. I hope I don't ever have to see that set of refs ever again. Again had WE taken care of business to begin with it wouldn't have been an issue. The players have moved on now it's time for the adults to. Good luck Lions the rest of the way. 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1300915" timestamp="1350304778"]
I can't even be mad at the refs. ANY team as well as Ozen knows that to beat Livingston at home, you have to have at least a marginal lead to walk out with a victory.
[/quote]Hebert[quote author=zeroturn link=topic=104558.msg1300999#msg1300999 date=1350312243]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=104558.msg1300915#msg1300915 date=1350304778]
I can't even be mad at the refs. ANY team as well as Ozen knows that to beat Livingston at home, you have to have at least a marginal lead to walk out with a victory.
[/quote] Do it like Hebert use to do it ;)
[/quote]

[quote name="uandme08" post="1300944" timestamp="1350308962"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=104558.msg1300936#msg1300936 date=1350308092]
[quote author=409Fan link=topic=104558.msg1300579#msg1300579 date=1350249481]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
There are so many versions to this one particular bad call that it's not even funny. Nobody truly knows what happened including the "refs". There were so many bad calls and bad spots, you can't just chose one lol. I hope I don't ever have to see that set of refs ever again. Again had WE taken care of business to begin with it wouldn't have been an issue. The players have moved on now it's time for the adults to. Good luck Lions the rest of the way.
[/quote]+1 to you the best statement I've heard so far. Good luck to Ozen  from here on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder