LIVINGSTON AT NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins 23-7!!

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1292699" timestamp="1349521979"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104178.msg1292564#msg1292564 date=1349500482]
Congrat Nederland you escaped that upset tonight, but have to tell you the truth: I didn't see a state championship team out there tonight. You still might get upset by Ozen, good luck rest of the year.
[/quote]Yeah and we were going to be upset by Livingston  :oIn this district on any given Friday somebody can be upset..As far escaped the upset 312 total yards to 182yards did not even see a upset in the makeing..The O- line and Hopkins owned the second half ...Great game guys keep it up..And good luck the rest of the way lions
[/quote]
yards mean nothing. yall beat us and we had more. what matters is, if you capitalize on them.
Ozen will be tough, but i really don't see Ned losing the game. The Ned D will stop the run and put enough pressure on the qb to force errors. i see some pics possible sixes for Ned. we had the op, just didn't catch the ball.

Passes, the Ozen secondary reads run fast. you can burn them in the air. if they play you like they did us, then they are not respecting the pass.

but don't let your gaurd down, they can score in one play. but, take about 5 plays from them last night, it would not have been close except for the mistakes we made.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292704" timestamp="1349523170"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=104178.msg1292699#msg1292699 date=1349521979]
Congrat Nederland you escaped that upset tonight, but have to tell you the truth: I didn't see a state championship team out there tonight. You still might get upset by Ozen, good luck rest of the year.
[/quote]Yeah and we were going to be upset by Livingston  :oIn this district on any given Friday somebody can be upset..As far escaped the upset 312 total yards to 182yards did not even see a upset in the makeing..The O- line and Hopkins owned the second half ...Great game guys keep it up..And good luck the rest of the way lions
[/quote]
yards mean nothing. yall beat us and we had more. what matters is, if you capitalize on them.
Ozen will be tough, but i really don't see Ned losing the game. The Ned D will stop the run and put enough pressure on the qb to force errors. i see some pics possible sixes for Ned. we had the op, just didn't catch the ball.

Passes, the Ozen secondary reads run fast. you can burn them in the air. if they play you like they did us, then they are not respecting the pass.

but don't let your gaurd down, they can score in one play. but, take about 5 plays from them last night, it would not have been close except for the mistakes we made.
[/quote]The yardage was not this lopsided...And the way we played the clock against vidor got us the win IMO.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1292706" timestamp="1349523521"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104178.msg1292704#msg1292704 date=1349523170]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=104178.msg1292699#msg1292699 date=1349521979]
[/quote]

[/quote]The yardage was not this lopsided...And the way we played the clock against vidor got us the win IMO.
[/quote]
you are right about that. we did not control the clock and yall did. something we were not used to and it showed at the end. but your D was dominating. i'll give credit where credit is due. take away 2 plays from us and we had less than 200 yrds on O. youe D was outstanding and i don't care what anyone says about our starting fullback being out. no one was running up the middle that night.
glad we got it together against Ozen.

Looks like the DOGS and Pirates both came out flat in the first half of these games but both got COACHED up at half. Sloppy play still with turnovers but both team did what it took to win. I think it was the wake up call both needed after such a hard fought game last week. Next week Nederland will be closer to full strength hopefully with linemen coming back which will let DeShawn play one side of the ball. Marcus Barton looks to have concussion and PRAY he heals quickly and gets back soon.  I will say that I was a bit too vocal at the game last night and I am SORRY. I just know the talent level these boys can play at and they played nowhere near that tonight.GOOD JOB DOGS! The win is what counts. Just always stay focused on the task at hand.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1292709" timestamp="1349524250"]
Looks like the DOGS and Pirates both came out flat in the first half of these games but both got COACHED up at half. Sloppy play still with turnovers but both team did what it took to win. I think it was the wake up call both needed after such a hard fought game last week. Next week Nederland will be closer to full strength hopefully with linemen coming back which will let DeShawn play one side of the ball. Marcus Barton looks to have concussion and PRAY he heals quickly and gets back soon.  I will say that I was a bit too vocal at the game last night and I am SORRY. I just know the talent level these boys can play at and they played nowhere near that tonight.GOOD JOB DOGS! The win is what counts. Just always stay focused on the task at hand.
[/quote]
what side will Washington play? i think he is a beast on D.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1292709" timestamp="1349524250"]
[/quote]

What about that double nickel grab out of the air last night? I was hoping he would break out of the pack. I love it when a big D-line guy breaks for the goal line.
Could you define to loud? My wife tells me I'm to loud and I need something to compare to ;D

Fan participation is a joke at Nederland games. It used to be so loud my ears would be ringing after the game and my throat would be raw
For days from yelling. We have been flat for over 10 years. At our games if you yell at all you look obnoxious cause you are probably alone...

[quote name="Michael" post="1292877" timestamp="1349538119"]
Fan participation is a joke at Nederland games. It used to be so loud my ears would be ringing after the game and my throat would be raw
For days from yelling. We have been flat for over 10 years. At our games if you yell at all you look obnoxious cause you are probably alone...
[/quote]

I do agree, back in the early 2000's, there were fans.  We had bell ringers, noise makers, barkers, even bubbles (BRing back those bubble guns!!!)

Years ago, I would go to work on Monday and couldn't barely talk after Friday night game.

Now, I am fine the next morning. 

If you yell, everyone around you, turns up their noses.  Where did our school spirit go?  Also, no one stands even for fight song when we score.  There are a few faithful who stand and clap but Please help us, the others around get annoyed. 

I will say this PNG has us beat on school spirit and I am ready not to just whip them on the field but let's RE-IGNITE the Bulldogs' Fans NOISE making abiblities!!!!!

WE have a lot to be "Yelling" about, so bring back the "Barking" Crew!!!! IT'S TIME 8) 8) 8) 8)

Well I do bark alot cheer loud and scream till I am hoarse. Last night I was yelling to tell the boys to get there act together and play like they are capable of playing. I am a PN_G grad and guess I learned that fiery spirit there. Had some new people sitting in front of us  last night and I can say that I scared them with the first set of BARKS LOL. I want the boys to win but more important is play their best and last night was not their best. Hey I am proud of how they fought thru it and won showed determination. GO DOGS!!

Livingston had two studs....#14 & #15. They played both sides of the ball all night. Very talented but not enough to overcome Ned's second half onslaught.

The way we ran the ball in the second half was just pure fun to watch.

I still bark and yell. I don't care if I offend. I often wonder why some people even attend live games. They can watch the replay at home with no one around to bother them.

And,  I am going to through this out there......

The mandatory admission to MCM (besides ticket) for

NEDERLAND FANS
(who endured years of shame at the hands of the NDNs, let's not talk too much about these painful memories but we all know)

-have to bring something to make NOISE, or don't come to game!!!!! (I don't care what you bring)

-if you DONT stand during fight song, your fellow crowd mates will let you know how disrespectful you are being and remind you to stand for the fight song.  (it's all about respect)

Like Mac Brown,

says, Come Early,BE LOUD, stay late (let's watch the scoreboard with the final score, for the few seconds it will remain, and remember this sweet victory)

Go Dogs!

[quote name="baddog" post="1292955" timestamp="1349543415"]
Livingston had two studs....#14 & #15. They played both sides of the ball all night. Very talented but not enough to overcome Ned's second half onslaught.

The way we ran the ball in the second half was just pure fun to watch.

I still bark and yell. I don't care if I offend. I often wonder why some people even attend live games. They can watch the replay at home with no one around to bother them.
[/quote]Yea, the 2nd half was all Ned, they seem like a different team. I believe we missed our chance in the 1st half while Ned was sleep walking, but you all wake up after halftime. I hope you all don't take LCM lightly, because they are a dangerous team and can sneak up on you with that running back, man he is fast. Good luck to you all and hope Dayton and Ned don't end up facing each other in the first round, I wouldn't want to see that happen. But we don't want dayton again either ;D we don't have to worry about seeing Ned again. 

Livingston's fumble at the one was their signature for the rest of the game. Their QB and WR were awesome but need one more player to compliment them. Sloppy game from both teams. The straight up punt, the snap over the head for a safety, and a couple dropped punts, (all special teams) were killers for Livingston also. Good luck the rest of district.

[quote name="baddog" post="1293038" timestamp="1349551541"]
Livingston's fumble at the one was their signature for the rest of the game. Their QB and WR were awesome but need one more player to compliment them. Sloppy game from both teams. The straight up punt, the snap over the head for a safety, and a couple dropped punts, (all special teams) were killers for Livingston also. Good luck the rest of district.
[/quote]You are right, good luck to you all, will be checking the dogs out in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder