Hamshire-Fannett at West Orange-Stark Game Thread/WO-S wins 44-0!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="jenks" post="1286197" timestamp="1348933374"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103836.msg1286136#msg1286136 date=1348929263]
wow, not even ONE response from a Horn fan...great game Stangs. One at a time.

Just some memories to go along with #83...the first 3 games in school history were ALL shutouts..we lost our first game 3-0, won our first home game 60-0 (BCP) and shutout Forest Park for our second victory.
[/quote]
The one about the refs was one. nuff said
[/quote]

Wow HF complaining about the refs again. Must have been some really bad calls to get beat by that much !

who from HF is complaining about refs? the only ones that I see complaining are WOS fans.  WOS fans it appears you guys have the real deal going here.  Don't ruin it by complaining and being arrogant.  Your team is probably the best team in 2 districts from what I have seen and heard.  You neet to really enjoy this, it could be something special.  Don't be bad fans and disrespect the teams.

[quote name="old doc" post="1286311" timestamp="1348939469"]
who from HF is complaining about refs? the only ones that I see complaining are WOS fans.  WOS fans it appears you guys have the real deal going here.  Don't ruin it by complaining and being arrogant.  Your team is probably the best team in 2 districts from what I have seen and heard.  You neet to really enjoy this, it could be something special.  Don't be bad fans and disrespect the teams.
[/quote]

Most Stang fans certainly respect our opponents. Usually, it's US being disrespected until we play. I have no problem with that. You SHOULD think your team is going to win. It is a tribute to the Mustang Coaches, the players, their families, the youth league coaches, and the fans that we have had such a remarkable program. Your right we should cherish this, and put our efforts and energy into keeping the tradition going for years to come.

Everyone should expect to win or you should not play. I would be more concerned with a team and fans who are saying things like " this is an outstanding team that we are playing and we will have to be firing on all cylinders tonight.". That tells me they are focused and are going to be ready.  The guys who come out and say we are gonna win by 60-0 and then you don't it is just smack.  My guess is that it is not the players doin the talking because the team and coaches is quiet respect.
Take a cue from Mack Brown, like him or not he is always singing the praises of his opponent.

[quote name="old doc" post="1286446" timestamp="1348945646"]
Everyone should expect to win or you should not play. I would be more concerned with a team and fans who are saying things like " this is an outstanding team that we are playing and we will have to be firing on all cylinders tonight.". That tells me they are focused and are going to be ready.  The guys who come out and say we are gonna win by 60-0 and then you don't it is just smack.  My guess is that it is not the players doin the talking because the team and coaches is quiet respect.
Take a cue from Mack Brown, like him or not he is always singing the praises of his opponent.
[/quote]

Fans will be fans, if a fan thinks the score will be 60-0 then that is there opinion. I am very old school and would never trash talk, I don't allow my boys to trash talk. I predicted 33-0 score, not because I disrespected HF but I just didn't think they could handle WOS. I seriously doubt ANY WOS players or coaches would be saying 60-0. I wish HF the best of luck the rest of the way.

I honestly believe that the next challenge for WOS will be in the playoffs. I saw them against Nederland and their defense is unbelievable.  They will have to get their offense going against better comp.  They will do well and I know that every school that plays WOS respects them.

to all you HF fans i will be upfront with you,lastnight from what i saw that you guys and gals relly do have a good team but it took the mustangs a little time to get started as most of you saw.you do have a very good qb the kid can pass and have the kids to catch it as we saw.ok now for your running back the kid is fast and strong i look for your team to get better as season goes on  PS sorry for the spelling

[quote name="old doc" post="1286311" timestamp="1348939469"]
[/quote]

No it was the HF complaining about the refs. We complained about one call in particular and it was bad.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1286577" timestamp="1348953916"]
[quote author=old doc link=topic=103836.msg1286311#msg1286311 date=1348939469]
[/quote]

No it was the HF complaining about the refs. We complained about one call in particular and it was bad.
[/quote]

it was a bad call...but at least they are better than the replacement refs :)

They have him playing Safety and returning kicks. He played a little offense, but not much. He appears to be a little apprehensive, which is normal for a Freshman playing on varsity. Didnt look nearly as explosive as usual, but again, the speed has changedfor him. I would imagine his presence will begin to be felt next yr.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86