NEDERLAND AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Nederland wins 20-13!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1285742" timestamp="1348891719"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=103816.msg1285735#msg1285735 date=1348891638]
Very impressed with #70 on the Ned. Defense...tremendous speed for a big fella...very good athlete
[/quote]
Yeah that's Washington. Only a junior too. He was #90. Not sure why he switched numbers but yea. He's a beast.
[/quote]Maybe because he was playing tackle on offense tonight too

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crow shouldn't taste too bad. We needed to play mistake free to beat this team tonight and we didn't however we did prove we can play with anyone. It could have gone either way, IMO. One shoestring tackle stopped Montana from scoring on the first play from scrimmage at the five. nederville owned the 3rd but we owned the 4th and I sure hope I don't start hearing that "we need to throw the ball more" junk. We do that by wearing the other team down, period. We set ourselves up to win that game in the fourth quarter but lost a lot of time on the scoring drive when we got inside the five along with a timeout on coaching error / not getting the plays in. Regroup, get our heads straight, and get ready to play a tough Ozen team. BTW, I liked the tenacity of our defense and team in general...those kids don't give up. Can't take anything away from Nederland, they are a fine football team.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1285851" timestamp="1348893492"]
Montana Quirante is an absolute stud.  I still can't believe a kid can play QB / LB at the 4A level like he does. 

Vidor will make a lot of noise in the playoffs.  [b]It looks like Vidor is here to stay and this might turn into a rivalry yet.[/b]
[/quote]
Uho  :o
You just said the sentence that is never to be said.  ;)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1285856" timestamp="1348893557"]
[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=103816.msg1285851#msg1285851 date=1348893492]
Montana Quirante is an absolute stud.  I still can't believe a kid can play QB / LB at the 4A level like he does. 

Vidor will make a lot of noise in the playoffs.  [b]It looks like Vidor is here to stay and this might turn into a rivalry yet.[/b]
[/quote]
Uho  :o
You just said the sentence that is never to be said.  ;)
[/quote]

It will obviously never be like PNG for Nederland, but given the last few games in this series this definitely has a chance to develop into a game both schools circle on the schedule year in and year out.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1285865" timestamp="1348893756"]
Now its no where near the capacity of the Ned PNG rivalry but it is somewhat of a rivalry. Kinda like the UT and AM rivalry compared to the UT Baylor rivalry. Its not the same but still a rivalry.
[/quote]

AGREE! Atmosphere tonight was ELECTRIC! Great game by both teams. I am still not sure why we don't let our kicker kick touchbacks, but we got away with it.. Good luck the rest of the way, Pirates.

I think Jeff will keep the Pirates competitive in the future...he knows how to develop football players. Our program has turned the corner and I do see us in the same status as Nederland. The only reason there is a "rivalry" is because we have so much respect for your program and want to emulate it. Now, Nederland needs to heal up and clean Livingston's clock.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1285887" timestamp="1348894113"]
I think Jeff will keep the Pirates competitive in the future...[b]he knows how to develop football players[/b]. Our program has turned the corner and I do see us in the same status as Nederland. The only reason there is a "rivalry" is because we have so much respect for your program and want to emulate it. Now, Nederland needs to heal up and clean Livingston's clock.
[/quote] this in bold ^^^^

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1285892" timestamp="1348894227"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=103816.msg1285887#msg1285887 date=1348894113]
I think Jeff will keep the Pirates competitive in the future...[b]he knows how to develop football players[/b]. Our program has turned the corner and I do see us in the same status as Nederland. The only reason there is a "rivalry" is because we have so much respect for your program and want to emulate it. Now, Nederland needs to heal up and clean Livingston's clock.
[/quote] this in bold ^^^^
[/quote]

Vidor's freshman group is pretty salty as well.  They should be pretty good for the foreseeable future.

I told myself I wouldn't post on here but I hardly ever listen to myself anyway. First and foremost, tremendous game by Ned. Y'all have a very stout d-line with great db's to back them and the offense was very. Though there were calls that weren't called it went for both sides. We had too many unforgivable penalties and mental busts. I do believe everyone for their money's worth from tonight's game. If you can't say that you need to quit watching football and take up underwater basket weaving. Good luck to Ned in future games.

All right ready to be served crow!!!! I'm going to say this to Nederland, that team is the most disciplined team I have ever seen play personally. Carson Raines is a heck of a general on the field, his demeanor and confidence is impressive.  Shaw is just a play maker MR CLUTCH!! I've personally meet these two young men, and they are outstanding kids. Now on defense.... THE MAN CHILD  70 Washington... DIVISION ONE PLAYER HANDS DOWN!! Impressive size agility, speed and heart!! Now no excuses from my mouth, we got beat by the better and more disciplined team.... OUR DEFENSE OFF SIDES HOW MANY TIMES.. and we looked flat. Big time plays killed us, and fake or blocked punt to give Nederland short field before half... Overall great game played by both teams and an exciting finish... That's what it's all about... congrats to the Bulldawgs... Keep on winning.... And to my VIDOR PIRATES, KEEP UR HEAD UP, MOVE ON AND PREPARE FOR OZEN!!! Thanks for CROW GUMBO

Neither team played playoff football tonight, a little sloppy on both sides.  If Nederland were playing playoff football, they would've iced the game when it was 20-6 and they had the ball, but penalties killed that drive.  Vidor jumping off sides to give Ned several first downs, and the kicking game stunk.  Both teams will play better football down the road, but it was fun to watch them go at it.

I dont understand this "rivalry" thing people keep bringing up.. and by people, I mean Vidor fans.. The only time I hear "rivalry" between Nederland and Vidor is from Vidor fans.. Have you heard a Nederland fan say that yet? ??? :o 8)

Listened to the game on the broadcast and sounded pretty intense in the 4th quarter

I would like to give credit to the linebackers WOODS & LITTLE STAMPOND HAD GREAT GAMES 8)..Sometimes they get overlooked with that BAD-A  line ..They had a heck of a game last night...Both great young men...I thought Woods hurt Q on one play , that looked like it hurt..I never dreamed Nederland would control the clock against Vidor...That is what Vidor does 99% of the time..Also Nederlands O line looked good they seem to wear down Vidors D-Line..Holes started opening up in the 3rd & 4th qtrs..Carson you have turned into a damn good leader keep it up ...With Barrow ,Shaw ,  Kimler , Taylor all Weapons weapons weapons thats all I can say...Overall it looked like a early season game mistakes on both sides...It would have been nice to see this game in 4 weeks from now..Refs sucked for both teams..Great game to watch.. Thanks Boys ;)

A rival is simply a person or a group that you are playing a game with, in business competition with or whatever. By every sense of the word, Vidor is Nederland's rival.... just like Central is a rival an Ozen and Lumberton, etc.

There are long term or continuing rivalries that may come and go. Maybe like district opponents or a team that you play a few times a decade in preseason and/or in the playoffs.

Then there are archrivals. Archrivals are your hated enemy for whatever reason. Merriam Webster dictionary defines archrival as "principal rival". It is Texas vs. Texas A&M, Ohio State vs. Michigan, USC vs. UCLA or in baseball, Red Sox vs. Yankees. You could almost toss in the word "hated" and mean it. There might be teams that you like to beat more than others but an archrival is one that you point to all year starting with the day after the last game.

In Texas high school football it is the likes of Midland Lee vs. Odessa Permian and Nederland vs. PNG. It is more of a state of mind than a game. A couple of weeks ago a friend from Beaumont said about Nederland/PNG rivalry.... "It's just a game". No, it is not a football game. It is a football game, a little league baseball game, a soccer game, who has the best band uniforms, who has the best colors, who has the best float in the Christmas parade and if one can beat the other in tiddlywinks. It is 365 days a year and covers anything that someone can conceive that can be measured. It is "bragging rights" between two schools whose districts are literally across the street from one another.

Vidor is definitely a Nederland rival and lately, it is more intense because Vidor has been more consistently competitive than in most of their history. For the most part however, except for a week or so a year, Vidor is not on Nederland's radar screen. PNG is there night and day, every day of the year. There simply is no comparison and even the MCM week doesn't even cover it. It is more like MCM year that ends in MCM week. Then there are mini-versions for baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball.............

And if you wonder why we often abbreviate MCM or PNG, it is because many of our friends that like to wear purple and white can't spell out the words Port Neches, Groves or Mid-County Madness.

Anything to help our friends from the other side of the tracks. [IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/Smileys/sHa_thumb2.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and great game by Vidor as usual. It is almost too bad that their new tradition of the cannon that fires when the Pirates enter the stadium had to start on a loss....... almost.

that cannon scared the crap out of me... TWICE!!! Felt sorta like a rivalry game to me.  Very nice points on the above post. Nederland kids are raised to despise purple and white and PNG children don't like the black and gold.  Its all in good fun... but Nederland Png is a true rivalry

That move forward was a false start that wasnt called.  I saw it live and was screaming at the officials for not calling it.  Way it goes, though.  The game was very clean from what I saw and both teams showed a lot of class before, during, and after the game.  Two quality programs showed that tonight.  I thought the game was sloppy at times for both teams and it looked to me like a lot of nervousness.  Hats off to Nederland, though.  They made more plays and controlled the clock.  The Pirates dont see that very often.  No reason for the Pirates to put their heads down after that game.  I hope to see both teams go into the playoffs and represent our district well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder